• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:26:44 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus Bug topic (1.01C Beta bugs to be fixed in 1.01C)

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:25:35 pm

Dome

Quote from: Neophyte Ronin on April 28, 2012, 12:13:42 am
First off, it appears as though the trick to change random enemies' Support Abilities to something random, rather than just Maintenance all the time, has failed in Sweegy Woods.  That's right: from what I can tell, the random field encounters retain the same annoying Support Ability Maintenance.  However, the equipment is on par with the chapter/store level, so hip-hip-hooray for at least one part of it working.

This is just a mistake, it will be fixed in 1.01C (Remember that the current release is a beta)

You probably already know this, but the Double Shot effect of Crossbows exists independently of the Damage Split effect; Damage split records the first hit only.  Another reason to enjoy Double Shot, unless you're on the receiving end.

As far as I know, there is no way to fix this, unless I decide to completely remove the double-shot feature

Instead of being infallible, Dash now has a Direct Evasion property attached.  It also delivers a knock-back half of the time.  It has the same damage as Bulls-Eye but they're used differently.  That's pretty good.

Dash is supposed to cancel charging, not to inflict knockback O_o

No more Tentacle while Berserk or Frog, or both!  That's a major development that will go very far.  Instances like those should be avoided.  If that is the case, what do Marlboroughs use for a standard attack (if they EVER use one)?

That was a bug (And so not intended to be) since the very beginning (Even if it was fun as hell XD)

Mustadio is now awesome at long last.  Give him Precision to crank his Snipe ability to over 80% even on a bad sign.  However, it does not apply with Power Break and Mind Break to any palpable degree.  Like previous Break Skills, they are subject to evasion while Sniping is not.  Status immunity applies as normal.  I have even applied his talents in major fights with a Yoichi Bow and gave him Steal as a secondary.  I'm pretty sure either Class--Engineer or Thief--can work out, but stick to Engineer when up against Break Skills or Thieves.  Switch to Thief for infallible hits and speed.  You can't lose with this kind of setup.

Mustadio's breaks will be buffed as well, don't worry

I haven't noticed bugs beyond the ones mentioned, but I'll let you know when I find one.  It's looking good so far!

:-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

The Damned

(Hmm...I just realized I haven't kept with Plus since I've been back, much less the time I was gone towards the end of 2011.)

Hey, Dome, do you mind answering/clarifying something Neophyte Ronin said?

No more Tentacle while Berserk or Frog, or both!  That's a major development that will go very far.  Instances like those should be avoided.  If that is the case, what do Marlboroughs use for a standard attack (if they EVER use one)?

When did this happen? Do you recall consciously finding out/remembering what the problem was?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

I edited a seemingly "Free" skill, only to discover that it was the "attack" the game used for Frogs and berserkered units
The skill I put in that slot was "Tentacle" (Normal attack with a 25% chance to inflict slow, it's the basic attack of squids and morbols) et voilĂ , tentacle frog! XD
P.s: Imagine if I put meteor there...

krilz

A possible bug discovery regarding the Katanas breaking (when they shouldn't).

I remember casting Asura ONCE during a fight and I only had one in my bags and I clearly remember it not saying "broken" after the cast, yet it was gone after the fight. I'll do some more testing later but either A) they always break after a cast, regardless or B) the randomness still occurs behind the scenes, but it doesn't say whether it broke or not.

The Damned

(Not that I've played Plus as I said above, but....)

As I recall, a couple of years or more ago, it was mentioned that if the "Broken" message wasn't coming up yet the katana were still breaking, then that meant the katana were breaking 100% of the time. So, yeah, you might need to check that problem more thoroughly, Dome.

Speaking of which....

Quote from: Dome on April 30, 2012, 03:34:03 am
I edited a seemingly "Free" skill, only to discover that it was the "attack" the game used for Frogs and berserkered units
The skill I put in that slot was "Tentacle" (Normal attack with a 25% chance to inflict slow, it's the basic attack of squids and morbols) et voilĂ , tentacle frog! XD
P.s: Imagine if I put meteor there...

Oh, I see. It was that common problem. It wasn't aware that it was also used for Berserk, though I guess that makes sense. Hmmm....

Have you messed around with Skill Sets A7 or A8?

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

Quote from: The Damned on May 01, 2012, 01:36:09 am
As I recall, a couple of years or more ago, it was mentioned that if the "Broken" message wasn't coming up yet the katana were still breaking, then that meant the katana were breaking 100% of the time. So, yeah, you might need to check that problem more thoroughly, Dome.

The katanas do not break 100% of the time, I'm sure about it

QuoteHave you messed around with Skill Sets A7 or A8?

No...why?

The Damned

(Hunh. Weird. Perhaps I'm misremembering what was/is actually occurring then or I'm remembering correctly and it was merely misreported. Shrug.)

With regards to my question about A7 and A8, I think they're used for the actions that units under Blood Suck and Frog have access to respectively. I'm not entirely sure, but given Neophyte Ronin's compliant about what turned out to a modification of the 11th ability under Parasite/the ability right above Potion, I had thought you had perhaps screw around with A8. It's making me wonder if there's perhaps a corresponding one to Berserk between A4 and A9, but I'll need my emulator to work before I can test, which it currently isn't.

Hence my question.

Thanks for answering.

Neophyte Ronin

May 01, 2012, 05:07:07 am #207 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:28:52 pm by Neophyte Ronin
Continuing on:

Funny you mentioned Meteor, Dome.  When I checked an Ochu's command list, it had Meteorain on there, but its description is consistent with what it had previously: Tentacle.  Seems Tentacle is abolished until further notice.  Anyway, I have no clue what Meteorain does at this time on a Marlborough-type creature.  Still looking into it.

UPDATE: Marlboroughs now use their original Vanilla version Tentacle Whip technique to attack.  It deals roughly the same amount of damage, so Brave might be involved.  It's just mislabeled.  Looking into it....

Yeah, It's Brave-based.  24*24 is 572, with Brave 45 is around 280.  I like that to a point.  Though nothing permanent is necessary, I am still a proponent of adjusting Morale on grand scale for creatures to land Brave-Based hits.  Ramza's Encourage ability is under-powered for what it's worth.

Remember: Marlboroughs can kill off a party with Petrify so they don't need a damaging hit to win, hence they always go for Bad Breath if it's possible to deal.

Maybe this was already covered in the Mechanics Guide, but when you deal a Charged Dual-Wield attack, Shirahadori/Blade Grasp will apply to both strikes, while a normal dual strike circumvents the Reaction Ability on the second hit (as usual).  Repeated encounters with Ghosts while poaching for Reflection Mail and Accursed Rings seem to confirm this.

Another thing about Ghost-Type enemies.  I noticed the typical damage for a Wind Soul (Bone Snatch) is 250 (50*5) at Lv99, where my roster is now, but it deals 330, or 25% extra, against a Gust.  I'm not sure how to take this.  Either the Ghost series of monsters has hidden elemental weaknesses or Wind Soul deals extra damage.  I recall Thunder, Aqua, and Ice Soul abilities had 3 for damage, while Wind Soul had something like 4 (consult the Battle Mechanics Guide to conform).  If this transitioned to Plus, then Wind Soul is stronger than it should be.  Either that, or Zodiac compatibility was messing with me big time, and seeing two instances of it probably just threw me off.

EDIT: Yeah, it's not me.  The latest blow was from a Taurus and my Ghost is a Pisces.  Neutral Compatibility.  Something not right with the Zodiac Chart, or Wind Soul is somehow stronger than it should be; Bone Snatches must be popular among monster aficionados.

EDIT II: I pinpointed the problem: while casting Blasphemy Power to gain the Shell Status, a Bone Snatch marched in and dealt what should have been a 165 Damage attack with Wind Soul.  It is 330 instead, indicating an affinity weakness.  Other Soul hits deal normal damage, but the Gust appears to have a weakness to wind.  This may be extended to all Ghost Types.  It's undocumented in the Master Guide, online help, and in many other instances where it should be noted.

If your roster is too full, generic, untouched characters will say, "Believers will be saved.  I've realized my fate is to wander and seek out others to help." (something to that effect; I get sickened by the shoddy translation that I just write it out the way I'd deliver its intentions).  It's a statement spoken by high-faith characters, often as a prelude or declaration to quitting the unit over holy beliefs.  Turns out EVERY generic, untouched character will say this.  Rad, Alicia, and Lavian say nothing but an ellipsis, while special characters as Mustadio and Agrias say their standard protests.  Thought this is worth adding to known bugs, if it hasn't been addressed.

Detected instance where Death Sentence cures but is not fatal: when cast upon one of the Ghost creatures (Gust in particular).  This can go either way: it should be natural for an Undead character to shrug it off, or to succumb merely to rise again after three turns.

Typo: "Gun that shoots fire elemental bullets."  This in reference to the Glacier Gun after it states in its details that it is, in fact, Ice Elemental.  (The Blaze Gun is fine--it provides the same exact statement).  Will need to revise.

While dealing maximum range arrows with the 8 Panel-Ranged Yoichi Bow, I noticed some shots will fail simply by having the arrow polygon fall short of striking the target, thanks to how the arc is calculated.  It doesn't happen a great deal often to worry about; I found this to be the case while firing atop of Bervenia Volcano with Mustadio, capitalizing on his Sniper specialty.

I'll continue to post more as I catch them.

Otabo

QuoteAnother thing about Ghost-Type enemies.  I noticed the typical damage for a Wind Soul (Bone Snatch) is 250 (50*5) at Lv99, where my roster is now, but it deals 330, or 25% extra, against a Gust.  I'm not sure how to take this.  Either the Ghost series of monsters has hidden elemental weaknesses or Wind Soul deals extra damage.

Could it be that floating monsters weak vs. Wind thing going on? I had the same thing happen with Rafa and Diamond Sword vs. ghosts recently.

Neophyte Ronin

May 09, 2012, 10:28:24 am #209 Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:59:39 pm by Neophyte Ronin
I never encountered that in Vanilla Tactics.  Suppose Dome came up with it?  Then again, it would make sense a little bit.  I wonder if you could attack all kinds of elemental weaknesses upon otherwise beneficial conditions.

Anyway, I discovered the following bugs and observations, having started to go through Chapter Four:

When I fought six bulls, two of each phenotype, at Doguola Pass, I came prepared with Berserk resistance courtesy of Finger Guard or Ribbons, Floatation via Time Magic, and some magic defense and tanks.  In other words, I was ready for instances where Bulls would appear, but it shocked me the first time when I saw six.  Anyway, I noticed the Bull Demons kept using Gather Power even if an opportunity to strike was present.  I suppose there is something wrong with the AI settings because they are far from active.  At least with AI in Vanilla, they would lurch forward and actually attempt to attack, and they're the harshest hits if they continue to use Gather Power!

Hydras will spam Dark Whisper thanks to it dealing six bolts instead of three like their typical abilities.  I mean it: this is retarded.  There are few defenses against Darkness--the N-Kai Armlet and Accursed Ring being the exceptions--and the odds of getting hit multiple times is excruciating.  Either reduce its strength or alter the number of times it hits, because the sheer wait for it to resolve is what kills people.  Dark Whisper always deals six blows and takes forever to resolve.  The other two known techniques, the Triple attacks, are rarely used because Dark Whisper is so readily available.  I would tone down the power, or rearrange their command sets entirely, unless you want to encourage hunting and killing off Revenants for their Accursed Rings.  Fortunate, then, that they only start to appear in Chapter Four, but what a pain in the neck!

In an instance at Bethla Garrison (southern rampart), a Mediator is addressed as a Nanten Knight by the dialog prompt.  It's like changing specific characters in Chapter Two without addressing the prompts themselves.  Just another one of those instances.  Then again, substituting a title that is neither Knight nor Mediator should clear confusion in one deft stroke.

Noticed a bug where Threaten works against monsters no matter if the caster has Monster Talk.  The caster was Orlandeau against a Juravis at Baraiaus Hill.  Either he has innate Monster Talk (doubtful) or the ability needs to be flagged.  Altered Talk Skill Abilities  are still not flagged to disregard sleeping opponents.

MP Switch Glitch: when you deal a mortal blow but it registers as MP Switch, the creature is poached anyway.  This is seen in the Bed Desert against a Dark Behemoth (Female Knight Guest battle).

I was a little amused then, but I'm more perplexed now that, considering Behemoths use MP Switch, they only have 1 MP and no Move-MP UP Ability.  It's useless beyond means, since it only repels one physical blow.  For challenge's sake, they should have a great deal more MP than that, or have Manafont in conjunction with--like the only Unit that is allowed to have that advantage.  That could theoretically double their health against a typical attacker, and in the case of trying to deal a heavy blow, just a little MP in the way can negate the effect entirely, making for a reasonably powerful combatant who can withstand all manner of injustices.  The Behemoth could be considered an attractive Tank unit.  Getting MP Switch just once between full and zero health does not sound like a good reaction ability, I hate to tell you.  You could get around it with Angel Song, Ethers or Chakra, but that makes the creature high-maintenance.  There are creatures with better defenses than that anyway!

Is it just my imagination, or does Concentrate somehow also prevent Sleep Condition?  I never encountered this in Vanilla, so I'm wondering if it's something unique to Plus.  Enountered in Germinas Peak, fighting two ninjas who were immune to the Deep Night Skeleton ability without visible equipment to prevent it.  The only common factors were their use of Concentrate, the fact that they are Ninjas, and that they had speaking roles during the opening cinema.  Other conditions seemed to work against them, also.

Note: Everything riding on striking power is subverted with the Zorlin Shape's effect on the character.  Weapon power is taken into account for MP Steal, for instance.  At Full Health, a character cannot deal any MP siphon against an opponent.  Thus, Zorlin Shape daggers are very touch-and-go.  They can be highly destructive when a character is on the cusp of death....

Incident report: a poaching run at Poeskas Lake revealed a different death cry for the Dark Behemoth found there (while working with a Guest Male Priest).  It was a human male death cry and the creature did not get poached as normal.  Major bug that needs addressing!

In Germinas Peak, during the fight between five black mages and five white mages, I caught one of the white mages with "Equip Axe" as a Support Ability.  This probably happens from time to time, but if this is a set fight (probably is), then it needs addressing.   There are no more Axes as they have been dummied out.

Could have sworn a Thunder Rod, when targeting one of my units (during aforementioned white mage/black mage free-for-all), was able to deal Faith 20% of the time.  I might have been seeing things as it was rather fast and I didn't care to repeat the instance.  I might have been seeing Bolt instead.  It prompted me to steal the Thunder Rod and double-check my inventory.  I'm pretty sure this is an isolated case of being too tired and checking out way too many bugs.

These are noted occurrences and glitches and bugs seen thus far.  Not all are bugs, but observations about current game balance and other weird things that come to mind after hours of playing.

Xero

QuoteTypo: "Gun that shoots fire elemental bullets."  This in reference to the Glacier Gun after it states in its details that it is, in fact, Ice Elemental.  (The Blaze Gun is fine--it provides the same exact statement).  Will need to revise.

Just wanted to add that the weapon description is the same for all three elemental guns; and the master guide's poaching list states that the Blast Gun is obtained from the Explosive, and the Glacier Gun from the Grenade, but my current playthrough revealed the reverse, so the Blast Gun is obtained from the Grenade, and the Glacier Gun from the Explosive. (which doesn't make sense since I got a gun of a different element from the monster, haha).

Btw, first post, and enjoying the patch. :)

Dome

Neophyte Ronin

Now I remember the incidences better: Deep Night appears to fail every single time against characters with the same zodiac as the caster.  My Bone Snatch, being a Leo, always fails to strike characters who are also Leo with Deep Night.  That might be why those ninjas were avoiding my hits all the time.

Eternal

Galaxy Stop's formula was probably the cause of it. Dome will just need to use a different one.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Eternal

Not bugged, it's likely intentional so Goland wouldn't be a total giveaway battle. But you know that old urban legend about how Galaxy Stop won't hit same-Zodiac units? It's no legend- it's very true.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Neophyte Ronin

June 14, 2012, 07:35:34 pm #217 Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:26:53 pm by Neophyte Ronin
Neither have I.  That's interesting to note, then.  I suppose if we tried remaking Summon Magic to deal status effects, it would be wise to add that feature so there would be at least some manner of possible drawback.  I bet Summon Magics now use the same formula as Galaxy Stop.

That would be sick if Elidibus used Galaxy Stop; no zodiac similar to his!

Bug report:

It's not listed, but I'm glad to know Stigma Magic cures Blood Suck.  I don't think Vanilla allowed that little loophole, but with the way the Vampire Cat had a 64% chance against my Time Mage one day, I'm glad to have tried it.

At Germinas Peak, during the Black Mage vs. White Mage brawl, one Black Mage used Basic Skill's Dash despite having Item as a set optional command ability.  By extension, several Black Mages had Chakra as an ability despite not having Punch Art set.