• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Sprite question

Started by Quillbeatssword, January 27, 2018, 10:43:44 am

Quillbeatssword

Has anyone ever tried to make all three monster pallets into three separate monsters? I'm just curious of you could actually add little details like a variation in the face or armor? Because if that can be done than theoretically you could change job pallets too. To have physical variations instead of just swapping colors. Anyone ever tried?

• Modding version: PSX
I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.

Nyzer

That's not how palette swaps work.

You could bench a few colors on a sprite to obscure a detail that only really appears on another palette, but this wouldn't be terribly easy to do - the detail would have to blend in when it was beind hidden behind duplicate colors, and that'd mess with the shading for that area, plus it would limit the colors for that palette, which could very easily result in a noticeable drop in the sprite's quality.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown