• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:57:24 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Assasin with Ovelia?

Started by pyrofrenzy, December 10, 2009, 08:50:12 pm

pyrofrenzy

December 10, 2009, 08:50:12 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by pyrofrenzy
Alright, I got my PSP patched right.

I started a new game and I see the priest's sprite replaced with Celia's sprite. What's up with that?

Also, I was surprised that I was still able to click Continue Game and see my saved file. Is it okay for me to play it even though it was from a non patched version?

SolidSnakeDog

December 10, 2009, 09:12:38 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
You trying to play 1.3 right?
I recommand not loading your original save because many stuff was done to abilities and may mess up things.
The dancer sprite is probably caused by patching to an dirty ISO. Find a clean ISO and patch to it. This should be fine after.
But i like to think of it has a sick joke.  :wink:

Orlandu

December 10, 2009, 10:33:33 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
it's possible, but it'll confuse you since 1.3 changed a lot of skills...

dont't bother with those weird sprites as long as those are not causing any crash.

philsov

December 11, 2009, 03:55:44 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Simon's sprite slot is now where Kanbabrif resides.  Simon's orginal sprite got shifted to an unused assassin slot.  So any scene that features simon has the command to load the assassin sprite slot.  

This bug only occurs when the patcher/ENTD information is patched over  but the spritesheet is not.  If you patch properly with a ppf this simply should not be happening.  If you're doing nothing but applying 1.3's fftpatcher file onto a vanilla ISO, this is what you can expect.

You... are using the psp ppf, right?

~

It is ok to continue saved games, but there is an issue with carry over, particularly with re-ordered skillsets and otherwise inaccessible skills like blade grasp along with equipment flubs (like if you already have Orlandu with thief hat, he's not going to just drop it).
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.