• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

Guess you're going to have to have me face a different opponent CT5Holy, TrueLight beat you to the punch
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

I've got a new team based on Nanten Thieves from before, and some other ideas pulled from here and there. You're free to use it, and I do indeed request a match or two with them.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Elmdork

December 14, 2013, 08:47:17 am #2643 Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:45:26 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Thanks ct5holy! Your in depth analysis is always appreciated, we clearly could use some pointers. Sorry for the improper format, this tablet makes mundane tasks like copy/pasting a team a pain in the ass, but I figured it wouldn't be so bad since fenire and I posted next to each other. GG fenire, I look forward to our next one.

what odd behaviour from my summoner. Against SWA, she spammed salamander, guess it's due to the high faith values. I kind of want to scrap her and duplicate my white magic oracle (as per original concept) one has protect, the other has shell and they each have seteimson and cherche respectively. The muramasa samurai will lose kiyomori and gain revive+stigma magic, thus rounding off my weaknesses and ensuring he does his job without distraction.Zero's behaviour is nearly perfect. I may trade a draw out for a black magic spell (poison comes to mind) but other than that she does great damage and loves to use frog on faithed enemies (I didn't  use poison so as not to disturb her chances of using frog) I'm hoping the duplicate oracle with magic defense will dampen my team's clear weakness to magic. And not just any magic, backfires from my team are fatal. I may not be able to make them absorb everything, but I might be able to give them enough resist.

After my next tweak, we'll have something that better resembles a finished project. Thank you malroth, barren, ct5holy and reinoe for your continued support.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

reinoe

December 14, 2013, 12:11:17 pm #2644 Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:20:44 pm by reinoe
Thanks for the matches TrueLight!!!

Quote from: TrueLight on December 13, 2013, 05:43:31 pm
Here are some matches from me.

FFT Arena 1.38D - Barren (Axe In The Face!) vs. Vigilanti (Back on Status)

FFT Arena 1.38D - Reinoe (Livestream) vs. Reks (Severe Weather Alert)

That was a great set of rounds.  I wasn't sure who was going to win but I'm glad that vigilanti was able to improve Back On Status and make it a winning team.

I'm sorry everyone for my embarrassing showing.  People expect good matches and that was a one sided curb-stomp.  Granted it's a defensive team that's supposed to be able to avoid attack and 3/4 of Reks' units had unavoidable damage that's no excuse.  A while ago Malroth said that those Squires should have unyielding so that's what I've done.  Too bad it's after the fact at this point.  I've also given them White Robe for protection.

gg Reks!
My dreams can come true!

reinoe

Quote from: Reks on December 14, 2013, 06:40:23 am
I've got a new team based on Nanten Thieves from before, and some other ideas pulled from here and there. You're free to use it, and I do indeed request a match or two with them.

I don't know how much it matters to you, but while singing your bards won't be able to use evasion.  If found out the hard way during a CT5HOLY recording of one of my teams.  I noticed they're using Abandon for their reaction skill so I figured I'd mention it.
My dreams can come true!

Vigilanti

thanks reinoe for the positive feedback. Back on status is back in business lol

reinoe

Quote from: TrueLight on December 14, 2013, 12:38:49 pm
FFT Arena 1.38D - Reinoe (House of Dead Ninjas) vs. Otabo (Divas That Bring Double Trouble)

Thanks again T.L.!
Thanks Flash hat and 40 faith.  You really protected my units from Slow 2!  Two thumbs up on that weapon break on the summoner.  Because when I gave you weapon break and your teammates counter, I was thinking about minimizing spellcasting.

A.I., u r smartz

gg Otabo!
My dreams can come true!

Zotis

Thanks for the tips Barren, I'm going to remodel my teams a bit.

Woah, I wasn't expecting to crush Fenire that harshly.

Elmdork

Wow, great job barren! I finished the remodeling, they should be even harder to kill. Gg darkxfatal!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

DomieV

Thanks for the match CT5Holy. I guess my archer was a bit more effective than I thought. Thief was very good. My Ninjitsu Samurai...yea I see why Kageousi isn't good with two hands :( And I will take your advice on the priest. I'll switch her. GG LightningHax, great match!

Barren

I knew I wasn't 100% sure and now I know why lol. But yea there was some things I need to adjust to make it function a bit better, but otherwise I liked its potential

Barren

Everyone, I would need to take another week off not only for finals, but sad news there's been a death in the family for me and right now I am shaken up. I just found out that my aunt passed away and I don't want to do commentary in the emotional state I am in.

Reks

Quote from: Barren on December 16, 2013, 08:26:46 am
Everyone, I would need to take another week off not only for finals, but sad news there's been a death in the family for me and right now I am shaken up. I just found out that my aunt passed away and I don't want to do commentary in the emotional state I am in.

Nobody would expect you to, Barren. That's far more important than Arena is.

If it's anything to you, I'm sorry for what you lost.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Zotis

Wow, that DomieV vs LightningHax match was quite entertaining and surprising.

Sorry to hear about your aunt Barren.

reinoe

I'm ok with these results.  The RNG was bending over backwards helping me get far in the Season 2 Arena Tourney.  It's only natural that balance be restored.

My dreams can come true!