• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:50:16 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: The Beginning

Started by Jubei1986, December 21, 2011, 06:34:51 pm

Jubei1986

This story takes place in the beginning of the lions war, where young balbanes (ramza replace) leads the order of the northern sky against young orlandeau leader of the order of the
southern sky. At the head of Northern sky duke larg, and duke goltana for southern. This story will tell the tale of how the 50 year war was played out..How the church of glabados first
learned of the zodiac stones and the secrets hidden withing the germonik scriptures, How the order of the eastern sky led by gafgarion ( allianced with order of the northern sky) and
there part in the 50 year war, as well as gafgarions brutal methods forcing him to become a mercenary, how young marquis elmdor fought with goltanna in the 50 year war as one of his generals and how he was a devout of the church of glabados, how vormav began the hunt for the zodiac stones with young rofel (second in command) under the high confessor funeral. One of the added areas this will take place is where King Denamda IV fought with Grand Duke barrington ( and his assasination squad Khamja), against Romanda. (just a minor part nothing big).

other characters to be added

young zalbag ( order of nothern sky)
young dycedarg ( order of nothern sky)
young gustav ( order of northern sky) and how he became death corps
young wiegraf (order of nothern sky) ditto for him
theres a bunch more but just a glance...

i do appreciate any heavy criticism, i work on this daily, but this will take me awhile. ive put alot into it already, so please comment whatever u guys think. i will post what i have, when i can. thanks 8)

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

MountainDew~

Quote from: Jubei1986 on December 21, 2011, 06:34:51 pm

i do appreciate any heavy criticism, i work on this daily, but this will take me awhile. ive put alot into it already, so please comment whatever u guys think. i will post what i have, when i can. thanks 8)

I wish people would stop posting Asmo's link on everyone and their brother's mod topic. It's a sticky, and if they cared they would read it. This guy already said he has put a lot into this, and that it will take him a while. I think he realizes by now just how much he can and will put into it at this point.

Good luck on your mod, Jubei, looking forward to seeing it finished.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Dome

December 22, 2011, 03:25:56 am #3 Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:38:30 am by Dome
Quote from: MountainDew~ on December 21, 2011, 11:33:44 pm
I wish people would stop posting Asmo's link on everyone and their brother's mod topic. It's a sticky, and if they cared they would read it. This guy already said he has put a lot into this, and that it will take him a while. I think he realizes by now just how much he can and will put into it at this point.

Good luck on your mod, Jubei, looking forward to seeing it finished.

I don't want to sound offensive or anything, but there is a reason that post is usually linked in such topics
1) Story patch: The topic contains ideas for a story patch, which requires a lot of event editing, probably the hardest to learn/most time consuming thing to do while hacking FFT
2) Nothing but words: No screenshot, no demo, no nothing
Many person want to make their own patch, and this is good, but, usually, that's what they do
(I have an idea! Awesome, I'll make a patch) -> (I'll post the topic in the proper section!) -> (Man, those tutorials are boring) -> (Ehi guys, can someone help me with event editing/make me sprites/whatever?) -> (Patch lays dead even before starting)
3) The one who wants to make the patch is a "New" user
This is not -bad- by itself, but it just means that it's more likely that the user does not know how much work is required to make a patch

Want an example?
Take me: I made a patch, right? FFT: Plus can be downloaded and played by anyone who wish to. (And even if FFT: Plus does not change the story, it still took me almost an year to make it)

Well, before that, I wanted to make 2/3 other patches, and they all lay dead somewhere on the forums
Why? Because making a patch requires a shitload of work, the actual editing is boring and most of the time you have to do everything by yourself, and it requires time and will to work for something you are not even getting paid to do

MountainDew~

I know this. This is where Remix, Mercenaries, and many others I'm sure that exist but I wasn't there for have gone. This could, for all we know, be a year in development already.
It is just really obnoxious to see someone post something that is at the very tip-top of the New Projects page over and over again.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Dome

Quote from: MountainDew~ on December 22, 2011, 05:04:54 am
I know this. This is where Remix, Mercenaries, and many others I'm sure that exist but I wasn't there for have gone. This could, for all we know, be a year in development already.

Then why not posting screenshots/a demo/something, instead of a text-only post that screams "I don't know what I'm doing!"?

Quote from: MountainDew~ on December 22, 2011, 05:04:54 amIt is just really obnoxious to see someone post something that is at the very tip-top of the New Projects page over and over again.

That link is posted only when it's needed (AFAIK, No one posted it in the Journey of the 5 thread, for example)

P.s:
Another sticky in this section says
Quote from: Dominic NY18 on December 14, 2010, 02:36:29 pm
2. First impressions matter. A good first post might look like this:

- A statement of the concept behind your idea and what the goals for your project are.

- Some screenshots, videos, and/or a playable demo of your project. People are far more interested in a project where they can see or play with the results of your changes.

- A changelog. This should go without saying, but you'd be surprised at how many times someone has made some (usually terrible) mod and then doesn't bother to even tell people what's been changed.

Pierce

You two, please take your argument elsewhere. This is a page for Jubel1986's patch, not a page to argue about the completion of patches.

Yes, Jubel, keep in mind that what you have ahead of you is going to be a shit-ton of work. If you think you're capable, good on you! There are lots of people that are willing to help people with their patches, whether it be some help working ASMs, spriting, testing, and the like. Keep in mind though that if you start asking for help too early, people might disregard the patch, because lots of people ask for help and then don't follow through by doing any work.

If you can get this going well, it seems like it's got an interesting plot behind it. I might make a suggestion and say that you may want to deviate a little bit from the characters from Vanilla FFT. Yes, they are a focus of this patch, but keep in mind that many people along the way may have died or been erased from history for whatever reason, so consider coming up with some completely new characters to keep the story interesting.
As soon as you've got something to show (screenshots, events, video(s), demo, whatever) I'll gladly help you test things, make sure there aren't a bunch of bugs or whatever. I've got no ASM/spriting/event editing abilities, so my assistance is really only available through testing, maybe some writing, maybe some format issues.

Good luck!
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda