• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

Yea that team kinda sucked lol. Then again, it didn't really get a chance to showcase what it can do. But I'm not too worried about it. Next stream could you put it up against a different team?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Andrew

Thank you for welcoming me back, CT5, it's a pleasure!  The matches were fun to watch, per the usual.  I appreciate you recording my team and your feedback about it, as well.  I'll make sure to keep an eye out for random CT5 streams so I don't miss one... or, I'll at least try not to.... :P

I'm sorry that my RNGesus-worshipping team ruined the cool things that your team can potentially showcase, heh.  I particularly like your scholar... I tested my team once or twice against yours when making it and she did some pretty nasty things... like one-shotting my units pretty frequently!  I look forward to seeing it against another team in CT5Holy's next stream.  :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Heroebal

I forgot to include story on the end of Thy Bloody Valentine (Story). I was trying to make a valentine's story out of the names. Miss Stabbitha, MrLovelySlice, DragInDaHearts (attempt to use dragon as a term of endearment), A Love AFlare!. Those Crossbow archers are really fast. Preach worked out better than I thought. Especially the 2nd round using preach on the wizard to take the one archer then afterwards the ninja faithing the other archer so the faith wizard could take that one out.  GG CT5, Thanks for the match/video.

Reks

Quote from: TrueLight on February 19, 2016, 10:17:14 am
FFT Arena 1.39C - CT5Holy (Crossbow Test) vs. Reks (Experiment 169)

First Round: Ruined. The damage from Ramuh was too hard to come back from.

Second Round: a lot more even here, though my chances would have been destroyed if any of the charms had landed earlier, or if Don't Act hadn't hit the Summoner.

Third Round: Welp. Move forward right into death. GG CT5, thank you TL!

Could probably take Cure off of the Oracle but I dunno.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

silentkaster

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Shintroy

Didn't think of jump counting as one move. Ah well. Good stuff dominating the team. Haven't figured out how to optimize weapon mime yet. Found some abilities will also unequip mime. Jump doesn't as far as I've seen, but Punch Art does. Time Magic, White, Black, Summon Magic, Lore, and  maybe all spell casting won't unequip mimes also.

Thanks for the match silentkaster.
Some day my people will be free.

CT5Holy

Wow, many thanks silentkaster! Appreciate all the feedback. (Also belated thanks to TrueLight!)

Some really cool plays, too!
DO Bard wakes up his ally Mime with Chiri, who then mimics Chiri to kill one of my guys!

Doublecast Fire (via Reflect) to kill my Lancer!

Got AoE blasted =x

I like this team >_>

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

dw6561

I am so sorry...okay not really. But seriously, I haven't looked at that team in a while and they did better than I thought they would considering their low HP totals and spells with high charge time. I'll have to say though that is my favorite paladin ever on your team. Pretty awesome concept to hurt yourself with auto potion for moonlight damage.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Reks

Quote from: silentkaster on February 28, 2016, 03:00:21 am
FFT Arena 1.39C- The CT5Holy Takeover!

Now that I have a moment to sit down and reply...

I actually had two versions of this team made, one that bypassed their own Reflect for Absorbing a few non-reflectable spells.

I think that'd work better than these Chemists. I lack any good revival, so.

Alas: "Doublecasted" Fire and CT5's Chemist were still cool to see. That's some nasty damage from him onto a 40/40 unit, too. GG CT5, and thank you Silentkaster!

silentkaster

As long as laptop cooperates, I should be recording some matches either tomorrow night or Monday and have them up no later than Tuesday but probably earlier. If you have a request, let me know :)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

Quote from: silentkaster on March 05, 2016, 10:10:56 am
As long as laptop cooperates, I should be recording some matches either tomorrow night or Monday and have them up no later than Tuesday but probably earlier. If you have a request, let me know :)

If you want to show off any of my teams or my stream team of the week you can do that. I did change up Anti-Oil Ninjitsu a little bit though
You dare cross blades with me?

Heroebal

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #25: Winner of Match#24 vs Silentkaster (Signs of Aging) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpbsa3I5ZD0

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match#26: Winner of Match#25 vs Negative-void07 (Squiddy Mages) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bgKgnTNkeM

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #27: Winner of Match#26 vs dw6561 (Underground Book Storage) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-f3zAFymY0

dw6561

There was good compat going on in there. My damaging units not being able to reach the opposing team hurt immensly. If that mimic daravon had hit the geo on the first round maybe I would have had some control, but it missed. Second round was epic though. GG.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Mudvayne

Wow.. 4 frog procs? LOL

Don't have much time to comment atm, will add more thoughts later.

I haven't messed with 'Caster Chix' in awhile.. I have a few ideas for updates on the team but I suppose I'll wait to see who can end this winning streak with how they are currently first before releasing an updated version of the team :P

Shintroy

Balanced vs High SP Ranged
Got into the stream midway into R2. Thought I'd lose since I forgot high SP was a thing. Just saw it on YouTube though. Didnt know I won r1.

R1 - Reks would've had a better chance if the archers weren't next to each other. Just move one of the archers to unit 3 or 4 so they dont rush into death with each other.

R2 - Thief got taken down early and the speed differences came into play.

R3 -Intense round. Went back and forth, but Reks's squire being disabled combined with both archers always being together made things in my favor due to the aoe. Sickest combo at the end btw.

GG. Did every rogue attack activate repel knife's effect? Rng gods welcoming me back.

Reks

Quote from: Shintroy on March 09, 2016, 03:36:02 pm
Balanced vs High SP Ranged
Got into the stream midway into R2. Thought I'd lose since I forgot high SP was a thing. Just saw it on YouTube though. Didnt know I won r1.

R1 - Reks would've had a better chance if the archers weren't next to each other. Just move one of the archers to unit 3 or 4 so they dont rush into death with each other.

R2 - Thief got taken down early and the speed differences came into play.

R3 -Intense round. Went back and forth, but Reks's squire being disabled combined with both archers always being together made things in my favor due to the aoe. Sickest combo at the end btw.

GG. Did every rogue attack activate repel knife's effect? Rng gods welcoming me back.

Yeah, grouping up is what got me slaughtered. I was surprised that you didn't have a mime in this team, though I might have actually preferred that :P

But yeah I'll take that advice and split the archers up. Might tweak the Gastrafitis guy slightly, maybe a Twist Headband for stronger regular shots...

Shintroy

Was still over the cap? Guess I lost my touch in making teams without the generator. Thanks for the fix and vid Truelight.

Unorthodoxed Status Mime vs Balanced Team
I made this team with little status protection in mind so I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. Good to see someone else using mediator/Steal too. It's a great combo for status. Second to only Mime/Draw Out.

R1 - Pretty even start. Didn't realize I only had two units with revival so seeing the squire go down early got me worried. Both teams seem to do little damage, but Reks has the advantage due to having decapitate and status. Managed to win the round due to Raise being superior to phoenix down.

R2 - Bad start for me for sure. Slow and Frog cripple two of my units early. After Andrew's mime went down it all came down to the mediator getting off some charms or the Scholar frog proccing my scholar. It never came up though.... Almost got sweeped by a solo decap paladin. Thank you berserk evasion.

GG. Surprised to see two low damage teams from two usually high offense players.

Andrew I recommend giving the mime another secondary so it's in position to mimic the other teammates. Item Mime only gets in range for melee attacks. Try giving the mime a secondary with the same range as most of his or her teammate's abilities. Try to keep it within 1 range of teammate abilities. 3 Range Mime + 4 Range team mates (Talk Skill Mime + Slow 2, Stop, Tornado/Quake, etc), Melee Mime + 1-2 range units (polearms, grand/southern cross, guns and crossbows, Punch Art, Kagesougi, Houkouton, etc)

GL Made me want to work on my two swords mime team.