• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:00:13 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

I'm chilled ;)

I just wondered about the wings, didn't mean anything against the sprite, its really awesome Kage, like always :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Nojgaard

Current Projects:     Coming Soon (or maybe not):

Kagebunji

Updated the Tiamat, made him have scales instead of those chaotic pixels Twinees mentioned. What do you think of it? I have it on as my avatar.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tea

I do not want to pet it anymore, it looks like it would hurt. I don't think the bottom half of the mouth needs the same treatment.

Jon

Portrait definitely looks better now. Keep it up and fix the lower jaw if you want...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Quote from: Twinees on June 03, 2012, 11:13:14 pm
YES YES YES, exactly what i was talking about Kage, great job!

Cool. Thanks again for that link, it was a tremendous help on this.

Lijj

June 04, 2012, 03:42:17 pm #2226 Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:49:30 pm by Eternal248
Yeah those scales look better now fo sho.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

I've removed the back-and-forth comments. Please argue somewhere else instead of muckying up Kage's topic. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

awwww, there was arguing and i missed it? :(

Kagebunji

Hey guys, I know the section has been pretty quiet lately, but that doesn't mean sprites aren't making progress. Lots of new sprites will be included in Journey of The Five once it comes out(that's basiclly what we work on all the time now, thus no updates in Spriting section), and they are fucking cool. Sadly, I cannot tell any details, but I can tell it's worth waiting for, both story-wise, gameplay-wise AND art-wise.

Eternal

I've seen some of the new creations and they're amazing. :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

Expect a nice rework for Rydia people, example can be seen on my sig.

MiKeMiTchi

Love the new Rydia. Justice is served!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Rfh

Kagebunji, each day more awesome!! Did you think about continue the Tyamat sprite?
  • Discord username: rfh

Kagebunji

Tiamat is kinda out of the picture. I did the walking frames, putted him in game, and he looked VERY out of place. Like, he is not big enough for a dragon. Hell, even Coeurl was taller than him.

CONMAN

That Rydia looks nice.  The old one looked fairly generic.  It's too bad about that tiamat being too small.... A lot of the Revenant Wing sprites look like they could be reworked nicely.  How far did you get with the Hashmal?  I thought it looked pretty awesome.

Kagebunji

Ah, Hashmal indeed would work great with some work. The issue with him was those two big things on his arms on back frames IIRC. once you took it out, you had to redoo like 1/3 part of the sprite from scratch, which I really didn't feel up to all that time ago. Maybe I wil go back to him.

Lijj

Definitely looking forward to Rydia. Maybe we could put together a mini-patch devoted to the women of FF once we get enough of them done.

Kagebunji

Heh, there surely would be enough sprites to do that. But we would need more people than just the two of us, Lijj, heh.

Kagebunji

After a long time of not submitting a single sprite to the site, I was able to come up with a Ranger sprite I worked on once. I will palette it soon and submit it, but here is the sheet so you guys can see it and tell me what you think.