• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:33:53 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Who is the Cloaked Stranger

Started by DaHammerCrush, October 02, 2015, 10:36:36 am

DaHammerCrush

@Hyraldelita totally don't want Elric to affirm any of these answers, we all want to play it out and see who got it when the re-release comes out, but that said I am bummed that the hit got nerfed before I could get that one... :)

I've had 2 names come to me in the last few days while playing through. This first one fits but I'm 99% sure that its not him and that is Urahara Kisuke. He teeters between the scientific and the fantastic, his powers would make for awesome FFT adaptations, he would be a behind the scenes type of puppeteer, and is an advocate for the good guys, but since its supposed to be a video game character first and Urahara is an Anime character first.

Second idea has some legs... I think, or at least it would be cool and that's Athena. I figure that all of the characters so far are from either a classic RPG or a third person action RPG. in the same vein of DMC is GOW and the main benefactor of Kratos is Athena. She's a god so in some way, shape or form would have access to arcane knowledge. She could fit and might hearken the emergence of another great player in the from of Kratos.

I have a few other ides but I'm not going to drop a billion guesses in one post ;)

-Crush

P.S. if that person is not revealed in Ch. 2 you're officially trolling all of us

3lric

Quote from: DaHammerCrush
P.S. if that person is not revealed in Ch. 2 you're officially trolling all of us

Where was there ever indication or hint that the reveal would be in chapter 2??
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Yeah, the convolution got pretty insane there, Toshiko. There's a few good reasons I stopped liking the series so much after 2.  But 1 is still a wonderful standalone game.
And I agree about liking FFV for not taking  itself seriously.

@Crush
Elric's right. The CS only reveals their identity in a post-credits scene at the very end of the game. It's  Raiden from after MGS4, repenting for stealing Snake's spotlight during 2. ;)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DaHammerCrush

I kinda saw that coming for a bit, and its still definitely Raiden he's the best.

3lric

Hyraldelita

hahaaha i know i know they would never say it, but i just wanted to have a written proof, if i get the right char xD

and Elric LOL for that piture hahahahahah

DaHammerCrush

Ezio - Desmond Miles or Lara Croft Either would be awesome :)

Looks like we might be guessing for a few years if this doesn't get revealed till CH. 3+

HAHAHA!!!

Hyraldelita

and then we will find out they didn't know who the cloacked stranger is, untill we gave them suggestions XD ahaha

3lric

October 14, 2015, 04:52:26 am #28 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 04:57:43 am by Elric
Quote from: Hyraldelita on October 14, 2015, 04:45:18 am
and then we will find out they didn't know who the cloacked stranger is, untill we gave them suggestions XD ahaha

HAHA, I was wondering when someone would suggest this.

While this is not true, I will say that the Cloaked Stranger was originally someone else, and was then changed later on due to some comments we received (which no longer exist, cuz I'm a sneaky bastard).

Hyraldelita

lol     While this is not true <---- off course is not XD

i just said it as a joke but that would have been funny if you still had to decide since maybe we'll find out in chapter 4 or even in post game in the ending or as a sidequest XD you never know u_u

3lric

DaHammerCrush

Never Reveal it even in the ending sequence, just leave it hanging.

KingUrameshi

Quote from: DaHammerCrush on October 30, 2015, 06:26:41 pm
Never Reveal it even in the ending sequence, just leave it hanging.

Thats what I'm talkin about. People will be talking about it for years.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

Jumza

Nope.xml

EDIT: Alternatively, Nope.mp4, Nope.pptx and Nope.rar
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

Well... it's out. It's been fun guys, but now you don't have to guess anymore.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Bonesy

• Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Zyrku

Maybe the Cloaked Stranger is the one who brought Dante, Snake, Link and Cloud to Ivalice. If we stick with that we may discover who this being is xD

silentkaster

Quote from: Xifanie on November 03, 2015, 08:57:40 am
Well... it's out. It's been fun guys, but now you don't have to guess anymore.

CD-I Luigi???

Too obvious...

It must be...

MAH BOY!

Squadalah!

Edit: My real guess is Impa or Zelda based on what I've seen, actually.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.