• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:47:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

ff4(2us) hack lol patch

Started by Zozma, February 02, 2011, 09:51:27 pm

Wasabi

I can't wait to play this patch. Soooooo can't wait, believe you me Zozma.

Zozma

so ive successfully created level 1 data for EVERY character in the game, even Golbez! the game begins with cecil and kain on level 1, so your trip to mist will be more difficult. never thought a mere imp had any chance of killing you even from the start of the game? well now you can experience that lol.
stats will equal to each character's default level, once you reach those levels, but there will be slight HP/MP variations
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Zozma

April 24, 2011, 03:51:38 pm #22 Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:38:18 am by Zozma
So some updates: due to conflict between the shadow party hex edit (allowing characters to be re added without being reset) and my giving every character a level 1 data I am going to keep them at their default levels until further notice.

Changes:

Anna will start at level 25 and will have black magic instead of original white. She is animated like Tellah when spellcasting, holding that glowing orb looking thing. To suggest that Tellah was teaching her magic.

Edward will use white magic instead of originally having black, due to the fact that a decent white magic user is absent during points in where you really count on one.

Sing: Currently sing multi targets 3 spells that normally can only single target, Curse, Hold, and Allure (lamia version), (and toad if he is in toad status) in addition to casting Sleep as the replacement for the 'nothing happened' spell. Since Edward will now learn full white magic this may be subject to change however, they seem to be decent upgrades to the original single target Sing command that only cast: Sleep, Mute, Charm and "nothing happened". (im open to suggestions)

The "Regen" command (spirit wave) will be given to Anna as her only means of "healing" the party 200 hp per regen I will probably make this a single target skill as Regen does not wear off. The skill originally disables the users turn for a good while and then wears off. Instead Ive made it so it adds the status and then allows the user further turns, also causing th estatus not to wear off.

Cecil, Kain, Baigan
Originally given full magic sets they will be limited to learning 12 spells each, (half of a full set) and the skills they learn will be based on their class. example, cecil learns drain, poison, death, etc. as a dark knight.

Black Magic: all black magic users will learn one of 4 spells instead of "pig" which has been dummied in order to make each character a little more unique: Melt, Flood, Blitz, Aero

"Weak" has been turned into "Demi" and has the same effect as weak

White Magic: some spells were useless, Sight, Dispell, Minimum (you have toad for god sake)
so you now get these instead. Blind, Curse, Nova (ultimate offensive white magic, all enemys)

Twin Magic: these 2 spells start to become useless quickly after the time you first get the twins and especially so by end game and since you CAN get the twins back both spells will now become stronger as the characters level up. They will be given a formula that looks at the casters hp to calculate damage hopefully makeing it possible for these 2 spells to be quite devistating on high levels. There is a serious potential bug, however

Having Anna OR Golbez in your party will most likely result in Palom doing "twin" with whichever one is in the party and do Twin Meteor.

I am assuming due to the actors used that Anna and Golbez could cast twin meteor if given the command as well, this is a bug that I do not know how to fix.

Exp: experience required per level up will be identical for every character now instead of one requiring much more than another to gain the same level (tellah for example. hopefully this does not conflict with the asm that allows all character data to store instead of erase.

Golbez: You get Golbez instead of FuSoYa at the moon, and he is very similar to Cecil as a dark knight.However, he comes with a full set of black magic and starts on level 50 making him supirior to Cecil in most things other than in str and will. It is possible for cecil to have higher HP than him by level 50 if you consistantly get the extra hp per level till 50. but unlikely unless you just really have no life lol. I have left the door open on being able to re recruit him after the babil giant event but this is up in the air due to the Twin bug. Golbez has Cecil's level up data so from level 50 on he will develope similarly.

FuSoYa: He will come with his original status, and now uses a half sprite (where Golbez normally did) as i do not know how to change the sprite structure they have in place for the half sprite into a full one. Technically he is actually "Golbez" in that he is really only usefull for that last battle scene. Fusoya, although wont be obtainable normally has Tellah's level up data thus will develope similarly.

Baigan: Baigan starts on level 20 and has the same status the the original (now non existant) paladin cecil had at that level. There is no level data for a paladin now, therefore he has been given Kain's level up data to keep him similar.
------
------

The Magus Sisters, Dr. Lugae, Mysidia Elder, Giott:

They were to be bonus characters obtainable once you complete the babil giant events (couldn't resist, i am a spriter you know...), however, the only thing I know how to do in the matter would be to add their sprites to the end of the rom. as far as pointers and such to their sprites and pallettes id have no idea what to do therefore this is something I probably wont be able to accomplish. at all

MasterGrand

April 29, 2011, 07:00:48 am #23 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:02:05 am by MasterGrand
Good work Zozma but this is editor or patch ?
Let's be together !!

Zozma

It's a patch. I had to hex edit most things but with the help of a few editors that do certain things like let you alter items etc.

MasterGrand

Are you use Hex Workshop program or else for edit ?
Let's be together !!

Zozma

Zozma

May 12, 2011, 12:20:27 am #27 Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:04:19 am by Zozma
here

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

Zozma

success with the overall look of anna's portrait, however in comparison to rosa the face looks like it will need to be just a little larger

DaveSW

I find it amusing that Anna is way more attractive then Rosa in their character portraits...  I always figured Edward was the pretty one...
I am awesome.

efrate

You using a base of FF2US or FFIVj?  Also, HP in your screenshots seems way varient, this just due to testing or is it like this in game?  Also, have you been able to do the FFIV advance thing of being able to swamp team members near end game?  I want the brothers together for the final battle, screw kain.  Looking forward to it either way.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Fenrir90

Hey Zozma, I like what I see so far and I am looking forward to your patch. Baigan is a temporal character, it always suck that he did not join at least 1 battle in the original game. The (insert color) fangs animation fits perfectly for the level 4 spells, I always imaging if there were a level 4 spell. It would have those animation. Too bad the Magus sisters won't make the cut, I always imagined Sandy as a Dragoon (spear are a dragoon's best friend) and Mindy looks like a Onion Knight (my favorite job). Good luck with the patch.

Zozma

May 29, 2011, 03:14:27 am #33 Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:20:22 am by Zozma
Awww yeah, Anna's a cutie and a powerful black mage lol
----
This is FF2US 1.0 Being able to swap team members was the original intent, theres an asm hack that lets the game store all the characters in the shadow party, however it has a nasty glitch that renders it useless to me.

so instead You will have probably a 1 time opportunity to trade out some of the characters.
Note that doing so will make the game not quite make sense, but the patch is for fun anyway.

But you should be able to get back: Rosa, Tellah, Edge, Cid, Yang, Baigan and Golbez
Palom and Porom are a problem if you have Anna or Golbez, the option to get them back leaves room for other glitches as well, as their stats will be reset and they would learn dupes of spells....

the screenshots are just tests. the characters hp growths are pretty similar to the original, exceptions:

First of all... Cecil and Kain start on level 1 with 70 hp. yes you can actually get killed by imps if you goof off.

Edward's hp growth becomes more similar to Rosa's
Cecil gains the hp of his Paladin version, but with stats befitting a dark night since he never becomes a paladin.
Baigan's initial stats are different but his stat growths are identical to Kain
Anna's stat/hp growths will probably be based on Palom to give her some variation from Rydia
Golbez stat/hp growths are identical to cecil's however he starts with slightly higher stat in wisdom and slightly lower stat in strength. and unlike cecil he can equip a few more things, like rods to boost wisdom etc.
----
As for the Magus sisters? yeah i dont know how to add in things to the end of the rom and pointers and such but the sprites i made for them, Sandy has the jump animation and Mindy and Cindy have the focus animation

Zozma

Btw, i have discontinued my plans for Sheila. that may be a letdown however there are plenty of magic users as is, and to take out yang would be to take away part of the original game so ive chosen to strengthen other aspects by not doing that switch.

Fenrir90

Hey Zozma, just a thought that came to me. Are the summons (Eidolons) still the same? I was wondering, since Goblin/Imp is useless and pointless in the game. Maybe replace it with Shadow Dragon (Golbez's Eidolon). It could either use Demolish/Black Fang (Death spell) or a dark elemental breath attack on all enemies. The "summon item" could be drop by these following monsters; Clapper/Thunder Dragon, Ging-Ryu/Silver Dragon, and/or King-Ryu/Gold Dragon instead of Goblins. Again, just tossing ideas about. Don't even know if changing the monster image is possible, but I'm still looking forward to your patch anyways.

Zozma

I'm sure it is, i just am not sure how. I havent seen anyone do anything other than make things like goblin stronger.

efrate

As an alternate to stick within the story a bit, you could have Golbez transfer his ability to summon Shadow Dragon to Rydia.  She get its as a summon, he doesn't get it since its not black magic, and saves you from trying to find and grind those dragons.  Also, so Cecil is a Dark Knight throughout, and so is Golbez but with a bunch of black magic?  So I get 2 Dark Knights potentially?  That's amazing! 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

dwib

I don't know if I have ever wanted to play a hack more than I want to play this one. Great ideas and great work Zozma can't wait to have Edward be useful.

Zozma

lol edward is probably better than rosa because his songs success rates, having harps makes a long range weapon that doesnt use up arrows, and full white magic. fuck "aim" lol

as far as golbez and a summon... IF i choose to give him the summon command it would be experimental, as i have no idea if id be able to create the shadow dragon and perhaps a few others. hes technically a dark knight like cecil, but more magic and less physical attack. but we'll see.

with all the offensive mages you have access to, the enemies will all need tweaking...