• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:12:43 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lady Frimelda

Started by Zozma, May 26, 2010, 07:55:29 pm

Zozma

Just to give anyone a neat idea:

If anyone is intereseted, the ffta2 character "Lady Frimelda" has a beautifully made portrait and a sprite can EASILY be made by using my "Miang2" sprite as a base and possibly custom miluda's skirt. Think about it, is all im sayin'

this image is a jpg tho so dont use this specific one
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Vanya

I could have sworn I saw a custom Frimelda in FFT style somewhere.
Maybe I'm on drugs and it was in FFTA style...
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

you did, but it was merely a monk with a green costume and a portrait pasted in...
based on the full picture i saw of her, my suggestion would make a lot more sense... in that same thread someone else also mentioned that they thought the portrait was supposed to be of a boy, which obviously is incorrect.

jimmyjw88

But from that portrait, I thought it was a guy as well, actually.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

well, behold the picture above.... BOOBS! its a GURL lol

how annoying tho... i would certainly love to get my hands on an actual bmp file of this portrait tho as dealing with color loss is quite annoying

Twinees

its a girl o m g hahaa
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

i have created a 16 color bmp of the portrait, there was slight color loss... so if anyone can get the original as 16 that would rock... but if not, it makes little difference to me

jimmyjw88

The japanese file is JPEG right? And yeah, with the picture above, girl. Without it, guy. Haha.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

I even know where you have seen the sprite Zozma. Anyone remeber Seushiro's Agrias Knight? It was supposed to be replaced Lavian and Alicia. It looks EXTREMELY similiar to Frimelda.

And I quarantee you, Zozma, if I pick any new sprites, she is in top of my list.

Zozma

actually R999 gave me a better idea of a base

Melodia's body + Meliadoul's arms + a modded/spiced up female monk head

Knox

I was actually going to take this on after i finished my custom sprite, i got the portrait with all its color glory already inserted into a monk sheet and her palette on the monk itself, over in my thread. But as some said there, the female monk body wasnt going to work and woulda been easier to port the head onto a more fitting body which i had plans to do.

Though we can all kind of work together on it, if you want im sure we all have our own tries at it and it might do good to kind of make a group deal out of it.

Let me know, im fairly close to finishing my sprite.
~Auranhiem

Zozma

do share the proper 16 color portrait in bmp form if u had it as mine is altered as best i could...
But by all means, feel free to tackle it in such a style as i mentioned above... as i most likely wouldnt have time to finish, i can at the least create a custom hairdo based off the monk head

Knox

No prob, I'll upload it now.
~Auranhiem

Zozma

thank you, i can, at the least create the custom sprite head (ill base the color off of izlude's hair i think"

edit:
o dear.. im afraid that copy has actually more color damage then mine, compare them with the original, mine loses a slight sheen to the hair that i think is worth giving up in order to keep the proper background color......
thank you for the portrait tho, perhaps using mine ?

---
btw i figured id attempt to give her a smile, since ppl seem to think she looks like a boy maybe it would help? yay or nay?

VampragonLord

the smile doesnt help it.... the portraits face needs to be softer,  look at the jaw line/head shape difference between the port and the reference.  the hair needs more "girl" to it. the hair is also much lighter in the pic, though that just may be different light sourcing, but it def looks more red/blonde then brown. Lower the collar off the neck a little bit as well so it looks a bit less..... old english noble.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kagebunji

Nay, Frimelda has went through a lot in FFTA2, and smile isn't fitting here TBH. And go ahead and do the heads, Zoz, it won't go to waste.

Knox

Hm maybe i uploaded the wrong one, let me sift through my files once more.
~Auranhiem

Zozma

okay heres what i WILL do, but im too lazy to do an entire sprite

im going to create a color palette (along with the head) that matches lady frimelda, and also will attempt to give the hair's lightest color a different one than sharing the lightest skin tone, therefore one could go back later and recolor her as they see fit with darker haircolors.

the nice thing about frimelda is this will add another brown haired character which is so much less common in fft than all the damn blondes

anyway

after playing with meliadouls arms + melodia's body last night i think it would be much more fitting to have gold female squire arms instead.
the tricky thing about this sprite is getting enough of each color, so the hair might have to use the second skin tone to create the brown hair.

need gold, green, black and brown... plus the white, transparent and shadow color what a pain
----
hmmm even the female squire body might suffice with different boots...

Kagebunji

I think it will be easier to use brown for the arms too, I must try it to know for sure though. Send me PM or post it here when you are done with heads, I wanna give it a shoot.

Kagebunji

Here is a rough draw of her, I did it just to show those ideas of Melodia's body and Meliadoul's arms.