• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:28:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

mav

Once again I feel like the tattoo's moving a little too much. I may be wrong though.

Kagebunji

It may be moving too much, but it can be a hassle adjusting it correctly. If you feel like it, try workinh with it some more. Also, don't forget to add one more shade for tatto for more depth.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

I'm not liking this quite as much as the forward frame, though this angle must be very hard to do. I feel like the body shape itself needs minor tweaks. He looks too blobby right now.
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

The back paw rotates but the front paw does not. Should be fixed.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Twinees

September 27, 2010, 06:41:44 am #444 Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:54:42 pm by twinees

All FF7 concepts. Hope you guys like them (Barret is Zozma's sprite). These are still concepts, im still working on Nanaki so dw, just thought you guys might be interested. (PS: Tifa has big boobs just for Zozma ;))

I'm liking the 3rd colour, and if it is used, the wings can be changed to purple. I know its not exactly the same as the original Moogle, but i had to fft-fy it.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

I am working on Jessie currently, the hair will be different soon:
[attachment=1:rdht9vlc]Jessie.png[/attachment:rdht9vlc]
Yeah, the 3rd Cait Sith looks awesome!

Edit: Not much progress, but now 2 poses:
[attachment=0:rdht9vlc]Jessie 2 poses.png[/attachment:rdht9vlc]
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

I told ya all I thought of these sprites on chat, Twin. And your black outlines of Caith Sith turned out very nicely!

Cheetah

Wow, these are all looking very good.

Cait Sith: This one needs the most work, not surprising given it is the most original and new at this point. In general it is an amazing first attempt. The main issue is that he/she looks like a giant plain blob with no detail. I think the solution to this would be shrinking him/her. The cat probably doesn't need to change, just the size of the main guy.
Tifa: She looks like she is just wearing a bra. Maybe just cover her stomach just so she doesn't look like a total sex bomb.
Vincent: Did you improve on this? It looks good.
Cid: This has been improved upon as well I think. Very nice, his head, hair and goggles look much better.
Barret: I'm not sure about the pallet. I think their is now some room for improvement on Zozma's original.
Yuffie: Awesome arm guard and general design, she looks awesome.

Top quality sprites all around. Are they all 16 colors?
Current Projects:

Jon

I just noticed: Cid, Barret and my Jessie all have the same pants, even the same color. I might have to change that...unless its okay?

Lijj

These all look so nice I like Yuffie. The 3rd Cait Sith looks the best.. Great job on the little cat at the top..  On the bigger part the shading on the edge at its left arm(top part) the darkest shades two pixels on the arm and two pixels on the wing could be the next lighter shade up. Cait Sith going to be on a MON sheet?

Zozma

Quote from: "Jon"I am working on Jessie currently, the hair will be different soon:
[attachment=2:1zzju9ef]Jessie.png[/attachment:1zzju9ef]
Yeah, the 3rd Cait Sith looks awesome!

Edit: Not much progress, but now 2 poses:
[attachment=1:1zzju9ef]Jessie 2 poses.png[/attachment:1zzju9ef]

I like how its starting out, but u know the hair can resemble this much more...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

The hair will be edited at the very end. For now its Balmafula's hair, but yeah, it'll definitely be edited. Twinees already mentioned to me that the hair looks kinda whack, and I don't like the hair either. I wanted to get blue in there (I have the same pic as reference Z), but that is too much, I am at 16 colors already, so green it is or maybe the dark (blackish) color for her shirt. Hey, check out the pineapples on Wedge! KaBlamm! He could have Throw Bomb as a tech! And I believe Jessie has a pistol similar to Vincent, and Biggs has a machine gun. I saw a pic of them with weapons on google somewhere...

Zozma

i think the reds need to be a little more obvious, they are too close to the brown haircolor which i think might be better closer to delita or teta's haircolor

Twinees

@Kage, thanks Kage ;)

@Cheetah, thanks for the crits, ill try to improve on Cait Sith's moogle (however i intended it not to have a great amount of detail), i could give him slight man boobs like he has on all the concept art. I'll fix up Tifas midsection, thanks. And yes, although it doesnt look it, they are all 16 colours.

@Jon, use Zozma's words wisely (and it doesnt matter about the pants colours, all the AVALANCHE members have similar colours)

@Lijj, thanks for complements, i fixed up what you said (i hope) and Cait Sith will most likely be a monster (same height as Elidibis)(plus i wonder if Cait Sith could fit in a type1/2 sheet).

@Zozma, do you mind if i change your Barret up a bit like Cheetah suggested?

Thanks for all your crits, suggestions and complements everyone.

Zozma

@Twinees go for it, i based the palette off of the original artwork of him. if it can be improved I am all for it as with any other sprite on this site that could be tweaked. I'm not sure exactly what he is referring to on the palette but if its a matter of it being dark, be careful, i used the convenience of several colors being dark so that they blend into eachother more. but do anything youd like to it as long as you dont make him into a damn AC version

Twinees

lol i managed to get 14 colours... what else do you guys think he needs?

Lijj

Palette looks more FFT-style now. And the chin-line looks better.

Jon

Could make a cannonball instead of his current lost hand, and then have him as a Monk in game, nah, that would steal Tifa's fighting style. Hmm, a small tattoo maybe? I am amazed its only 14 colors! Great job!

Twinees

I could give him a gattling gun hand or a cannonball, however it will be on his left hand rather than his right because people attack with swords with their right hand. A tattoo would be annoying in a space that small.
Plus it would be more time consuming.

Jon

True, forget the tattoo, that was a dumb idea. Up to you with the gun or cannon ball.

I changed the reds back to Balmafula's. This needs crits, and for some reason I think the last frame is 1 pixel too short:
[attachment=1:wkjw6ftq]Jessie 4 Poses.png[/attachment:wkjw6ftq][attachment=0:wkjw6ftq]Jessie 4 Poses 2x.png[/attachment:wkjw6ftq]
Edit: I think the pants and shoes with the bit of leg showing is technically correct for Jessie, but I don't like it. I think that Jessie should have pants and shoes that are identical to Cloud's or maybe Rafa's. Can I get a vote on either keeping the current ones or Cloud/Rafa? I just don't like how its turning out. Reminds me too much of the male Chemist...