• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Sial

Started by SentinalBlade, February 12, 2009, 09:33:13 pm

SentinalBlade

February 12, 2009, 09:33:13 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Here i will divulge into the background of your partner.

He is a childhood friend, not much unlike delita, but he does not choose to have his power.

He answers to the god no one is aware of, spreading a semi-good will across the small planet.

Short Back Story
Appointed by God at birth, his mother died giving birth, his father already having died in a war. From the moment of his birth, has been alone. He sought no aide, no companionship, no love. He lived in a gentle hillside, with nothing around for several miles. It wasnt until his god appeared to him, that he even knew there were others like him. This god, had forsaken his son, for reasons i will not divulge yet, but appeared to him, to show him his remorse. Within moments, Sial instantly knew his purpose, and proper speech.

At the tender age of 11, he crusaded across Tiberum, constantly warding off any evil taint, and helping those in need. in essence, the epitome of a man in a world without a god, faith, or incredible generosity. He ran across Kael, a young practitioner of several magical art forms, who showed uncanny kindness to Sial. The two were ambushed, having disturbed a dryad form her slumber, but working together, they overcame her, and quickly became friends. Since that day they have been the best of friends, mischief and good deeds alike, they did them together. A good 5 years have passed, leaving Sial at 16 years of age and having plenty of time to fine-tone his skills.

Okie, with that out of the way, we can work on his skills.

He is a guest in every battle you fight, there is no getting rid of him...he is with you till the end. It makes sense to give him a unique skillset, so hopefully we get some ideas.

Outright, Sial is the ONLY holy based character, others might have a holy element skill or two, but Sial is absolutly the only thing that can compare to a clergyman/bishop.

I would prefer his skillset to represent his time alone, and anger towards his strange period of isolation. but there is also that divine wrath that should be implemented into such anger.

His skills will more than likely require swords.

Any interesting heal ideas not taken by painbreak/bloodmancer are welcome :)

I have absolutly nothing to start with, so lets here what you guys think.

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 09:35:17 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
By Zodiac you mean god right?
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 09:37:57 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Skill.

Apathy - gives self shell and protect.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Llednar

February 12, 2009, 10:45:58 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Blade of the Savior - Long Range ignore height Damage attack

Smile of the gods - chance for minor healing to all allies

Zealot - Produces a beserk like effect on self

Arch angel Blade - High Damage close range attack with instant death chance

Divine Wrath - A powerful attack that affects 3-panels in every direction

Smite - Deals insane damage to undead/dark enemies.

Zalge

February 12, 2009, 10:49:48 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Disillusionment - 3 Range, Deal low Damage + chance of Atheist + chance of Confuse

Banishing Blade - 3 Range, Damage + Chance of Doom (Ignore Height)

SentinalBlade

February 12, 2009, 11:07:14 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Blade of the Savior - Long Range ignore height Damage attack

Smite - Deals insane damage to undead/dark enemies(lots of undead in this patch, so ill end up lowering its damage)

Zealot - Produces a beserk like effect on sel

Im trying to avoid aethiest status. Since there is no god to have 'Faith' in, i think im going to have to turn it into something like...well i have no clue...nothing cliched' like 'power' 'magic' or 'energy'

Zalge

February 12, 2009, 11:09:08 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"Blade of the Savior - Long Range ignore height Damage attack

Smite - Deals insane damage to undead/dark enemies(lots of undead in this patch, so ill end up lowering its damage)

Zealot - Produces a beserk like effect on sel

Im trying to avoid aethiest status. Since there is no Zodiac to have 'Faith' in, i think im going to have to turn it into something like...well i have no clue...nothing cliched' like 'power' 'magic' or 'energy'
How bout 'Will'? or 'Chi'?

SentinalBlade

February 12, 2009, 11:10:43 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Will is good, chi is to eastern-asia, and considering this world is to small for something as big as asia.... hehe, kidding.

Im trying to eliminate irrelevant lands and taboos, despite them being so tempting to add into the game.

tithin

February 12, 2009, 11:57:37 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Quote from: "Zalge"How bout 'Will'? or 'Chi'?

How about 'Cliche' ?
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

boomkick

February 13, 2009, 01:16:11 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Indignation- Holy explosion animation, Deals high holy damage and a chance to add slow.

Zalge

February 13, 2009, 07:31:25 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Quote from: "tithin"
Quote from: "Zalge"How bout 'Will'? or 'Chi'?

How about 'I'm an idiot because everything was used at least once' ?
Fix'd

enigma43

February 14, 2009, 10:34:33 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by enigma43
condemnation--(1 panel range, height range 0) instantly crystalizes an enemy thats critical .

SentinalBlade

February 14, 2009, 11:38:43 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
oh shit enigma, thats a really good one and is totally doable :D already in game...no ASM hacking required...thank god, im about to bleed numbers out of my eye balls xD

Also Zalge. none of that here, i want to keep this strictly SoR until we get beta underway, then you can flame each other all you want. i want this place to focus on SoRs development.