• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Got Job Ideas? Spill em!

Started by SentinalBlade, November 21, 2008, 03:50:24 pm

SentinalBlade

November 21, 2008, 03:50:24 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Look at the job explinations post and see if you can come up with 2 special jobs and 2 jobs to replace the bard and dancer. Im out of ideas for sex dependant classes. I want them to fit the values of the other ones. being unique and doing something special while being useful as secondaries still. Mostly, im jsut having trouble fitting them in with the rest of what i got!

So i turn to the public :D

Vanya

November 21, 2008, 03:56:09 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
You could always merge Bard & Dancer into one class. They don't have to be sex dependent.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

SentinalBlade

November 21, 2008, 03:59:55 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
that is true, but why mess with a great mechanic like that? its still unique, and gives na extra reason to choose one sex over the other.

Vanya

November 21, 2008, 05:10:28 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
There are a lot of jobs from Tactics Ogre & Ogre Battle that can be used in this manner. I personally never liked that Bard & Dancer were used for it because it deviates from all the other FF games.

As far as the Ogre games there are some interesting jobs that were this way. The Witch & Princess come to mind for females. They should definitely be interesting if they're going to be expensive to unlock.

Another interesting pair you could do is The Angel Knight(F) & Hawk Knight(M). A generic flying class would be interesting and the sprites for a human with innate Fly would be fun to make! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

November 21, 2008, 07:12:13 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I second the Angel Knight (F) and Hawk Knight (M) suggestion
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

SentinalBlade

November 21, 2008, 07:18:51 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Done and done. would anyone like to sprite for this?

Vanya

November 21, 2008, 08:27:49 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Won't be easy,but I could give it a shot. I'll go onto the net and grab some images to work with. You might want to know this. Traditional weapon for Angel Knights is a 'Needle of Light' (Rapier) and Hawk Knights tend to use hammers... maybe axes too. I don't remember exactly. ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

SentinalBlade

November 21, 2008, 09:43:31 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Axes will work, and i guess ill come up with something for rapiers... i mean, it would take some item sprite changing, but i bet something is plausable.

Skip Sandwich

November 21, 2008, 10:05:02 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
making a rapier would most likely require converting another thrusting weapon, like poles or spears, into a sword, so why not just give them spears instead, since we already have spears and it has that whole 'valkyrie/amazon' thing going for it.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

HatterMadigan

November 30, 2008, 03:26:35 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Why not having the Angel Knight for girls, where they have a good amount of healing and good status effect spells, with very good mobility and innate fly, while able to cause a little damage with a lance, and the guys would be the Hawk Knight, and would have an axe and innate fly with a little less mobility but more punch... also he could have air render (or whatever that monk ability is called) and stuff like that. That way it would be kind of like bard and dancer, seeing as they kind of completed each other.

HatterMadigan

November 30, 2008, 03:27:35 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Oops that's what (F) and (M) stood for. I feel terdish.

HatterMadigan

November 30, 2008, 03:38:13 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
O wait, the "girls are too sissy to fight well" effect is in what I said. It could be opposite: girls fight, boys heal! That would in essence be more like the bard and dancer relationship, even though the bards always seemed like wussies...

boomkick

November 30, 2008, 04:34:07 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Enemy only classes and special classes.

Doom Blade
Deals in death arts, primarily with a sword. Deals mostly Magic attacks (Swordskills).

Fury
Deals in Berserk arts, primarily with a lance (spear). Not strong in magic, but mains in physical attacks.

Sensei
Deals in Martial Arts, primarily with a stick. Huge evasion and damage output. Sucks with magic.

Backstabber
Basically an assassin. Learned in the ways of quick kills. Agile and Fragile.

Ancient
Knows the ways of Life and Strength. Mains in Buffs and Debuffs.

Starry Angel
Uses the Starry Heaven to annihilate her enemies. Zodiac and Galaxy Stop animations. Deals mostly damage.

Casulin (enemy only!!!)
Legend has it he scorched the world with just the wave of his hand. Fire Spells and arts/skills. Velius skin could work, maybe make him red or something.

Nolius (enemy only!!!)
Legend has it she drowned the world with her tears of sorrow and froze the skies with her screams of anguish. Water and Ice spells and arts/skills. Blue female dancer sprite.

Kacuin (enemy only!!!)
Legend has it he is the Black Plague, destroying entire cities with his infections. Major Debuffs, including Zombie Charm. Zodiac Queklin sprite could work.

Selinum (enemy only!!!!)
Legend has it his roar leveled forests and caused mountains to crumble. Earth spells. Hashmalum* sprite may work.

Dark Angel (enemy only!!!)
Legend has it she is the messiah of destruction and the end of all worlds. She wields the power of Ultima. Altima sprite would work.

Undying (enemy only!!!)
Legend has it he has resurrected an innumerable amount of lives to fulfill his dark needs. Dark spells, including demi and dark holy. Arch Angel sprite usable.

Just some rough ideas.

HatterMadigan

December 11, 2008, 11:39:08 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Whoa boomkick, those are awesome Ideas! why did i capitalize ideas? oh well. Anyways, what about:

Bard - to- Morpher!  someone who attacks with beast skills and turns into that beast(i mean sprite... ex. chocobo for choco cure) when he attacks.

Dancer -to- hmmm... performer? bard and dancer abilities buffed and together with a nice hp boost and really good special equipment.

Vanya

December 12, 2008, 01:26:19 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Morpher would be nice, but it isn't possible like that since there's a limit to the number of sprites that can be loaded into memory.

What would be awesome as an ASM project is to make a skillset that would allow the Morpher to copy the form of a monster that is already present.

otherwise it's too much like a Blue Mage.
¯\(°_0)/¯

SentinalBlade

December 15, 2008, 10:32:39 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Some nice ideas, im likeing the enemy only ideas.

Raven

December 16, 2008, 08:06:19 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Raven
I've always wanted to see a generic dark knight... (before WoTL came out... Still haven't gotten my hands on that yet D:)
Night Sword and Dark Sword can easily just be given an evade chance.
Remodeled Holy Explosion to do dark damage and sacrifice HP always works for a dark wave.

You could always put some Bio slots to use to. Debuffs go well with dark knight. An altered nightmare for player-use balance would be cool as well... I have been playing around with the patcher just to come up with skill ideas. I made Death Cold a skill on my dark knight set (guts) Range 3, Effect Area 1, MP Cost 15 (editable but I am playing through with the skill set... It was made like guts for ramza it gains more skills as the game progresses. Wouldn't have enough mp if it was any higher) chance of inflicting stop or slow. Dark Element of course

chibiske

December 16, 2008, 11:26:46 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by chibiske
i guess maybe this one

Persona User
uses all weaps. concentrates mainly on elemental type moves. and if possible when using skills a persona pops up

PX_Timefordeath

December 18, 2008, 09:31:53 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Zodiac Knight
Stats: Avg PA
Avg MA
Avg SP
High HP
Avg MP
Onion Knight Status(Able to equip all equipment)

Skills:
Equip Change[counts as acting]
Sagittarius Strike:Requires Bow, Deals (WP X 5 X (PA+MA/2)), Weapon Range, 2 Effect, 25% chance of blinding
Scorpio Strike:Requires Spear, 2 Panel range Straight Line Deals (WP X 5 X (PA/2), 25% Poison
Libra Strike:Requires Book, User loses 1/4 Max HP, Heals and revives all units 3 panels away = HP lost from user
Gemini Strike:Requires Crossbow, Adds defend status to all units within 4 area from user
Taurus Strike:Requires Axe, Deals (WP X PA) to all units adjacent to user, 100% knockback, berserk status to user
Aries Strike:Requires Gun, Earth Slash range, Deals (WP X 5), 25% sleep
Aquarius Strike:Requires Sword, 3 Range, 1 Effect, Deals (WP X 10 X (PA+5) /2), 25% slow
Leo Strike:Requires Samurai Sword, Self Target 3 Effect[Like a Draw Out], Deals (WP X MA /2), 25% Don't Act, Don't Move, Transparent, Defend, Confusion, Haste
Virgo Strike:Requires Staff, Heals (MA X WP X 5) All units Area 3, 25% CT=0, 100% Break User's weapon
Pisces Strike:Requires Ninja Sword, Attacks twice with all weapons, User loses 15% hp[Mid Accuracy]
Capricorn Strike:Requires Flail, Deals (WP X PA) 2 Panel straight, 25% Charm, Confusion, 100% Confusion on User
Cancer Strike:Requires Harp 10%Break Weapon/Armor/Helmet, inaccurate
Zodiark Strike:Requires Rod, 3 Range, 4 Vertical, 3 Effect, NO CHARGE TIME, Deals (MA X WP X 5), 25% Add:Dead
War of the Gods:Requires Knight Sword, Hits Entire Field[Maybe put Range 25 or something, Hits ALL UNITS ON FIELD], Deals (Random number from WP X 750)[1/PA] chance to live if you got 750+ HP]

FFTCamerons66

December 21, 2008, 11:19:27 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFTCamerons66
i think we should make an all swords class with all the swords skills but you have to master every job. (orlando) > Kinda