• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:14:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

2nd FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, August 11, 2015, 07:16:35 am

Andante49

Good show! Was hoping for the summons and lore sync up and sweep, but bizen boat and triple-target chiri's had other ideas. Geomancy proccing just was the finishing touch. GG dw6561, best of luck in your upcoming matches.

Shintroy

August 13, 2015, 12:23:31 am #62 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:32:20 am by Shintroy
Forgot to give my Chiri samurai Distribute. Hope I lose this fight.
Would've liked to see 400+ damage murasame attacks fully healing two of my units. Changed the Chiri Samurai's reaction to counter flood without even realizing.

GJ to fattyzilla to taking it. I don't want to see this team of mine make it past r1. It's too plain.
Some day my people will be free.

Lakitu673

Good job CT5Holy and Barren to get these matches out so quickly. I've only had time to watch my match so far and....

:shock: this is what my face looked like. I was kinda hoping to also get wiped out by chiri for the lolz. GG Heroebal, your team is nasty. As for me I feel if I don't take the initiative I'll have a very short stay in the losers bracket 

CupOfOrangeJuice

Friggg, I forgot to change my bracer on my attack up thief to 108 gems. Gosh darnit.

Heroebal

August 13, 2015, 01:38:50 am #65 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:47:40 am by Heroebal
I was worried going into that b/c I did a practice run on my own. And.... it did not go very well (charm did land on my run and also white magic bard ate that holy instead of the time bard). Oddly that beginning haste 2 also didn't go off in my practice run too, I wonder if he's targeting the panel or something.  I think I pretty much had to take the first 2 rounds b/c that 3rd round map would have been bad for me (isolated units...) your priests pick my units off via holy on that map. FYI that other priest does 400+ damage with holy as well on my units. I threw asura on there for smart targeting anti-sandbag and fire weakness exploits.

gatebuster202

I'll get working in the morning. Corosar, just let me know where you stop :) Expect this on Friday!
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

DARKANGELUXZ

Reks

Okay, so I forgot about my overnight data, which is far, far faster.

So if need be I CAN record (though I'd probably avoid commentary to keep it simple) to fill in for someone.

Quote from: DARKANGELUXZ on August 13, 2015, 01:59:42 am
in my tests, I was a little better, no way :roll:
It happens sometimes
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Gaignun

August 13, 2015, 03:15:24 am #69 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:24:58 am by Gaignun

Vigilanti healing with Iga and Koga knives and triggering Dragon Spirit at the same time is very creative.  This helps get around Ninjas' poor defensive options.

DomieV's Moonlight paladin is extremely clever, too.   I never would have thought Flee has a useful purpose.  With Flee, putting DomieV's Moonlight paladin into critical only makes him angrier.  It's a shame Moonlight's proc chance is so low, though, given how difficult it is to sustain melee offense at low HP.

Congratulations to Skiploom on your victory!  Both teams get stronger over time, so I wasn't sure who would win this match.  I think that all of Skiploom's EV-piercing weapons and abilities are what determined the outcome.  And, of course, White Magic.

The last match was full-blown retarded.  The last-surviving time mage, helpless and without MP, cowers in a corner from the berserk wizard, then the wizard keels over and dies.  If that Death Sentence didn't land, I would have lost.

Oh man.  CT5Holy fairly criticizes Krypt's male Oracles for having low-Faith magic, then three of their spells land in a row to seal victory in round 3.  How did the humble pie taste, CT5Holy?

My condolences, reinoe.  Your loss to Krypt reminded me of mine to you in season 2.

As archers, Barren's team unfortunately lacked the healing to withstand Jumza's AoE damage.

That Atheist Bow is a formidable weapon, though.  There's nothing quite like crippling a mage's entire arsenal with a single arrow. In fact, there are currently no counters to Innocent (other than one's own death), just as there were no counters to Berserk when Wiz submitted his tanky Mediator/Thief team in season 1.  There are two items with Innocent resistance, but they are both in the armor class, which mages do not have access to.  I am fine with Athiest Bow serving as a mage's bane, but, nevertheless, it might be prudent to either shorten Innocent's duration, or at least introduce a skill that cleanses it (perhaps on the redesigned Scholars).

That 250 damage Odin spell was insane!  But then the Bards succumb to relentless AoE draw out.

I hope we can see more crazy summon damage in the losers bracket.

Corosar

August 13, 2015, 06:30:13 am #70 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:21:21 am by Corosar
Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 13, 2015, 01:53:22 am
I'll get working in the morning. Corosar, just let me know where you stop :) Expect this on Friday!

Match 3 & 4 are yours gatebuster i have a few kinks to work out with my recording... it worked perfectly when i tested it yesterday but... today it screwed up the audio... not too terrible of an issue.... but i don't want to throw away the results.... so sadly i am gonna upload with some music i found around youtube overtop so its not completely boring... but its a humble error on my part that i will remedy by using an audio recording program as well as back up.... good thing audacity is free!~

and with that....

Loser's Bracket Match 1 - Anima Zero vs TrueLight
Loser's Bracket Match 2 - Barren vs Andante
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

August 13, 2015, 06:48:31 am #71 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:10:34 am by Barren
Round 1 was quite long and it dragged on for a while but TrueLight's wizards prevailed due to AoE and were more resilient than they seemed. Round 2 was TrueLight's match all the way due to the lancers being bunched up together. GG Both of you. The year of the lancers will have to wait another time

So far I am glad my arches can do something. Charm got me in round 1 but things went my way thankfully in rounds 2 & 3. Nice to see jumping archer and nice to see my units being able to spread out which is actually their strength. GG Andante49. your bards were something else and there's a reason why you were the season 4 champ. Hopefully my road to redemption will continue
You dare cross blades with me?

Anima Zero

Haha, that ended about as well as I could expect honestly.  I might have had a slightly better chance had I remembered that Equip Clothes existed and perhaps I could have branched out to Time Magic to possibly save my rear, but whatever, heh.  GG sir!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

DomieV

Damn that was close. I thought I had something going after round 1 but nope. Just too much heavy damage. Well it was fun while it lasted. GG Vigi

Gaignun

August 13, 2015, 08:44:18 am #74 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:30:56 am by Gaignun

That male wizard was awfully timid in the first round, but started raining down carnage upon finally deciding to join the fight.

My condolences to Anima Zero.  Thank you for participating!

What crossed my mind when the archer climbed atop the bow of the ship in round 2:

I'm awfully flattered to hear that you remember my season 1 team.  It was so long ago.  I put a lot of love into that team and was delighted to see it succeed so well.

I'm looking forward to our match as well.  Please enjoy shooting my zombie time mage in the face with your Blaze Gun!

What music did you use for match #11, Barren?

reinoe

I just want to say that this has been a fantastic series.  All of the matches have been amazing in one way or another.  The creativity that everyone is whipping out when it comes to abilities and items is really great.  I'm so happy with this series.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

Quote from: Gaignun on August 13, 2015, 08:44:18 am

That male wizard was awfully timid in the first round, but started raining down carnage upon finally deciding to join the fight.

My condolences to Anima Zero.  Thank you for participating!

What crossed my mind when the archer climbed atop the bow of the ship in round 2:

I'm awfully flattered to hear that you remember my season 1 team.  It was so long ago.  I put a lot of love into that team and was delighted to see it succeed so well.

I'm looking forward to our match as well.  Please enjoy shooting my zombie time mage in the face with your Blaze Gun!

What music did you use for match #11, Barren?

I used DDR music. Specifically Dark Black Forest, Fascination Maxx, and Kind Lady. Two of them were full versions

Gaignun

Quote from: Barren on August 13, 2015, 10:11:36 am
I used DDR music. Specifically Dark Black Forest, Fascination Maxx, and Kind Lady. Two of them were full versions

Thanks kindly.  I knew it sounded kind of familiar.

Barren

Also your comment about my archer standing on top of that boat, it was pretty cute. I chuckled. That made me feel better about my winner's bracket loss. Archers aren't really the best SCC class because of limited sandbag options. Low MA and Low MP doesn't really help. At least Paladins has access to robes and samurais have much better MA to use. Next time I enter a SCC tourney I'm avoiding archers if possible

Mudvayne

Welp, looks like my predictions were off as per usual. Barren going to the losers bracket in round 1 doesn't make his chances of taking the tourney with his team of archers seem too likely. Oh well.

Haven't got a chance to watch the other videos yet. That's an overwhelming amount of content in a really short time period.