• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:28:06 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

SCC Class picks

Started by Barren, July 21, 2015, 12:06:36 pm

Mudvayne

July 23, 2015, 11:47:28 am #60 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:56:44 am by Mudvayne
Me personally, if you're dead set on a class, do it. If you want oracle, go ahead. If corosar insists on summoner, go ahead.
That's me though and I'm not in charge. I just don't foresee that being a problem especially considering the two classes you guys are wanting.

Barren

I'll allow those who are dead set on the class they chose to let it be their class. Let's have the new comers not so overwhelmed
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

gatebuster202

Updated for the pair of preselected choices. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CIQ7Q_rmnb47vVLlRBsEGYr4q14jbKgXThhnETS8B0w/edit?usp=sharing

(Side Note) With unlimited JP I guess I don't need the Team Builder just yet ;)
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Elmdork

Thanks, guys! I'll get cracking on that.

When I saw the (locked in) there was an ominous "gong" in my mind.. then I remembered "I AM the oracle guy"
ooo all kinds of excited, imma show you guys something neat.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

gatebuster202

This from the guy who brought four Bahamuts, conscutively to the field.  :shock:
(Yes one was a CM, but still...)

silentkaster

Oh that's a good point about Monks! However, I think the rule should still stand and the reason is that if someone wants to choose a support to get a helmet or hat for the fourth unit, it is just a Monk restriction. Monks are already a good class with high HP base and decent stats so it shouldn't be too bad.

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Corosar

Yea.... i am gonna lock down onto the summoner class... i already have the team ready and i don't want RNG to say nope your not allowed! especially when i am the only one with summoner.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

gatebuster202

Your also the only Wizard too. (Which would have been far more challenging in my opinion. (Which is not a comment against you Corosar, we're both new to Arena. I doubt many would disagree if I said Wizards were more limited then most other classes.)

dw6561

I'll allow myself some flexibility now that I've though about it. I already have teams for all three of my classes that are in the works.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Corosar

Wizards have a higher MA, PA, & Health pool. They would be compatible with White magics holy more than a whitemage is and the only class stronger than a wizard in MA is the bard based on what the master guide says which is the only thing i have access to. Sure summon magic has more variety but i find their cast times can be a hindrance as well as black magics are almost 2x faster. in a way i say they are fairly even in terms of how hard they are to make. I went with summoner purely out of preference.

Besides i think silentkaster would make a great wizard team seeing as it would be the lowest now.
Time for a new season!

Mudvayne

So should we aim for a 24 player tourney? Or shoot higher?

19 players registered in a matter of like 2 days is pretty damn good so far. What's an ideal number of players for this? How long should we leave registrations open? Maybe another ~15 days? Then have the deadline of team submissions a few days after and get things rolling around mid August.

silentkaster

Someone could ask my sister if they wanted. She would probably join if asked. I would, but she would probably want help making a team and I have helped her in the past and would love to see if someone else could help her with a variety.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

Well I can ask DomieV to participate since he didn't for season 4. I'm going to see him when I go to his sister's wedding next weekend. I can also extend the deadline if need be. As far as Red World whoever's willing to help her out then go for it

Shintroy

I need my lock asap. About to post another set of jobs.
Some day my people will be free.

Corosar

Can we just role for shintroy early or something... XD
Time for a new season!

gatebuster202

I'm stuck in the doctor's office :(. Also, I was just looking at Wizards purely as damage dealing Mofos. I did fail to analyze their synergy. (Chiri? Anyone?) (Bard does it better.)

Barren

I'm still at work right now. When I get out and have dinner I will get a stream going

Corosar

okay cool to hear can't wait barren
Time for a new season!

Barren

Quote from: gatebuster202 on July 23, 2015, 03:31:17 pm
I'm stuck in the doctor's office :(. Also, I was just looking at Wizards purely as damage dealing Mofos. I did fail to analyze their synergy. (Chiri? Anyone?) (Bard does it better.)

You can do elemental healing. But you might have to do it with various different elements. For example two wizards can heal each other with fire and ice while the others thunder and water

reinoe

My dreams can come true!