• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:16:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Suikoden patcher

Started by MasterGrand, September 26, 2011, 05:45:04 pm

Elric

Quote from: Jack of All Trades on May 15, 2012, 12:26:44 am
Honestly, I wish that you could add Ted and Odessa to the character menu.

This is the code i want, If i could replace a couple people with them in the character select menu, that would be ideal. But for now, i guess this will work

• Modding version: PSX

Zozma

Quote from: Elric42 on May 15, 2012, 01:18:15 am
This is the code i want, If i could replace a couple people with them in the character select menu, that would be ideal. But for now, i guess this will work

yeah I couldnt find anything like that either but fortunately this is always a solution to at least getting them back.
the only sad thing about the end of this game is that you're forced to have 4 specific characters in your party if i recall. leaving the customization very limited.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Elric

Did you? I didn't think so, since I always had the main char, Viktor, Flik, Crowley, Pesmerga and Gremio (sometimes)

I know you have to level Pahn early or he can die when he fights your father, but i dont remember having to use specific chars, tho i could be wrong

Zozma

Quote from: Elric42 on May 17, 2012, 10:35:43 pm
Did you? I didn't think so, since I always had the main char, Viktor, Flik, Crowley, Pesmerga and Gremio (sometimes)

I know you have to level Pahn early or he can die when he fights your father, but i dont remember having to use specific chars, tho i could be wrong

Yeah I know for sure that Victor and Flik are forced into your party for the last dungeon and from that point on you cant ever remove them again. actually I think It may just be those two plus your main character, leaving 3 available slots?

Teo 6E hmmm I wonder if he has a full battle sprite since you duel him and all...

Elric

That's in interesting thought. If you end up trying it out, please post your results. I would be interested to see how that would work, and what (if any) Rune abilities he came with

Zozma

I remember in suikoden 3 Gillaume could actually be added to the battle party with codes even tho he was an npc.

I had tested it out because you have to duel him once, and sure enough fully useable in battles. thats what makes me wonder about Teo

MasterGrand

I add Teo in my party members but not have full battle sprite .
Let's be together !!

Elric

Why did you remove the list MasterGrand?

Zozma

Quote from: MasterGrand on May 21, 2012, 02:28:55 pm
I add Teo in my party members but not have full battle sprite .

oh thats a shame, as many fames as his duel frames require, he might as well have had them all.

Elric

Quote from: MasterGrand on May 24, 2012, 11:09:32 am
This program for editor sprite this sample

Is this something you are working on? A sprite editor for Suikoden would be amazing!  :mrgreen:

Elric

take all the time you need :P I'm patient, this is great work

Timbo

How far are you planning to take this hack? Being able to edit the whole game with original plot, maps and characters would be downright savage. Suikoden is a game series that really could use some love from its fans.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Elric

Quote from: Jack of All Trades on May 27, 2012, 01:18:02 am
How far are you planning to take this hack? Being able to edit the whole game with original plot, maps and characters would be downright savage. Suikoden is a game series that really could use some love from its fans.

^This, over and over and over again.

If enough tools were made, I would be interesting in helping out with a medium to large scale Suikoden patch.

Zozma

so are you saying that i can run around the ENTIRE game as odessa or ted without glitch? because as i recall, if you change maps you get glitchy.

MasterGrand

how ? what should i do to add odessa & ted to party members , when i talk mathiu i don't want codes, i want changed with out codes or cheats
Let's be together !!

Elric

Quote from: Zozma on June 01, 2012, 03:30:28 am
so are you saying that i can run around the ENTIRE game as odessa or ted without glitch? because as i recall, if you change maps you get glitchy.

(I thought I wrote this already O.o, oh well)

If you watch the video that MasterGrand made here:

It does show him running around both Gregminster and Rockland, as well as a few battles, in all of which he is Odessa.

MasterGrand, I wanted to ask you before, did you actually replace Tir McDohl with Odessa? Or is it a Odessa sprite over the Tir McDohl sprite?

Elric

can you upload to Mediafire instead? Im very interested in trying this.

Elric

Did you upload to Mediafire so I can download?

Also do you have a event editor?

Elric

Elric

MasterGrand. I was finally able to download. Altho the notes you have ARE small enough to post here.
they are also from what I can tell, hex locations. but i dont know how to use those. When I asked if you make a editer i was hoping for something with a GUI interface. 

I would like to help you make a suikoden mod but more tools would need to be made first.