• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:25 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Parted Ways Battle Logs

Started by Wiz, March 07, 2011, 09:07:45 pm

Eternal

Since Aquilae hasn't updated this, I will. :P

Colliery III

Dycedarg

Omega

Elidibs

Elidibs+

Let's give Aquilae some props for these amazing videos!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

obsidiandawn

Can't record my gameplay at this particular PC unfortunately. I'm currently at the Riovanes battle string, and Velius still seems to be That One Boss. Definitely enjoying the class changes though.

Eternal

September 23, 2011, 07:02:38 am #42 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:03:24 am by Eternal248
The difficulty in that particular fight comes from the Behemoths. Try Frogging/Disabling/Berserking them to make them unable to use their very powerful skills. They'll hit hard when Berserk'd, but you won't be taking AoE damage, and you can dodge their attacks. For Belias himself, using a Flame Shield or Yang Armor is a good choice. Glad to hear you're enjoying it! :D
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

obsidiandawn

Yeah I had to change my Tactics, pun intended, to bust through it. I'd been building Ramza as my lightning bruiser, with Attack Boost, Vehemence, and Doublehand with the Blood Sword to keep his HP up. It completely stomped until I got to that fight. I ended up Petrifying all of the Behemoths, with my party all wearing items to keep Velius from throwing Don't Act on me, and then it was a cakewalk.

Did the battle on Riovanes Roof change? Elmdore doesn't have a Muramasa on him, but it said that was a stealable weapon in the PW thread.

Eternal

It's a bug. Check your inventory and you'll find it there. ;)

Cheetah

October 31, 2011, 12:46:45 pm #45 Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:47:21 pm by Cheetah
I'm getting really bad about uploading these vids, I haven't actually played in quite a while, but I still have a few left to upload.

Current Projects:

Eternal

"Oooh you dirty whore!~"

Best line out of this LP yet.

MountainDew~

Archer at the Battle of Riovanes: Front Gates has "Parry" on support and reaction.  Also, fml, On both sides, every member of my team had worst compatibility with the enemy >_> This battle sucked.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Dominic NY18

I was going to comment on the crossdressing Freelancers in Gariland, but I see you're already going to take care of that. It's still funny nonetheless.

I'm considering recording my playthrough, since I'm fairly sure I have a computer that's actually capable of running both Fraps and ePSXe without choking.

Eternal

Videos are always a welcome addition!

Lijj

Just for the heck of it I recorded my first attempt at Dorter:
:(
  • Modding version: PSX

Wiz

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lady Ladile

It's pretty late in the game, what with PW 2.0 in the works, but I thought I'd post my impressions of PW 1.0 as I work my way through it!

Gariland - Poisonous clothes?  :shock:

Having not read anything about PW prior to starting, this is obviously the point where I discovered that I'd better get used to being poor for the forseeable future

Mandalia - Didn't really have much difficulty here; Freelancer seems nifty (I like First Aid) and Alchemist is about what I was expecting.

Sweegy - My reaction to Gerard = OH COOL!  However I was a little dismayed to see the Lamias (argh CCP) and kinda had an "Oh s***" reaction to the Werewolves.  Ended up Taming one of them, so now I gots a Werewolf of my own.

Dorter - By this time I'd opened up Sentinel on a couple of my generics so I put them to good use here; this battle didn't give me too much trouble though it was slightly time-consuming.

Sand Rats - I basically blocked them all in the house and sloooowly whittled them down with Bio/Poison and Algus taking potshots from the top of the walls.  Not being able to take the Time Harp off of one of the female Freelancers made me sad, though.

General Impressions
You've managed to make Yellow Chocobos even *more* annoying, somehow.  *slow clap*
Maybe I'm just bad, but it seems like early battles involve a lot of sandbagging and playing super defensively.
Good job on making Freelancers actually have some useful skills compared to their vanilla counterparts!
I always liked the Alchemist/Chemist but with money and items in short supply, I'm not sure that I'll be using them much.
Sentinels are really really cool so far and I could see them being useful all the way to the end.
Scholars are nice, but I've always been a fan of mages; Poison is actually useful for a change!
Good job in general on making buffing and debuffing actually matter!

I've opened the Devout, Magus, Brigand, Shinobi, Berserker, Barbarian, and Sniper classes but I've not really had a chance to explore them in-depth yet.

Eternal

PW 1.0 is so unbalanced, haha. But yeah, I definitely designed PW 1.0 to be focused on buffs/debuffs and playing defensively.

Jumza

Gotta love how everyone immediately notices how much you buff poison in every hack you make ET :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Eternal

Which is funny, because the only thing I did to Poison was made it last longer and more accurate. :v

Lady Ladile

Well, when you're playing defensively, Poison seems to be a good way to whittle the enemy down until you can reliably take him out.  In vanilla, Poison was such a booger to land that it wasn't worth the effort  :)