• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:02:31 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Software Similar to FFTPatcher?

Started by mrjane, September 26, 2017, 07:00:58 pm

mrjane

So I had a blast playing around with FFTPatcher on my last FFT playthrough. Does anyone know of other games that have an easy to use editor like this? Doesn't matter what platform. Preferably RPGs or SRPGs (or similar type games). Thanks!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Chronosplit

Quote from: mrjane on September 26, 2017, 07:00:58 pm
So I had a blast playing around with FFTPatcher on my last FFT playthrough. Does anyone know of other games that have an easy to use editor like this? Doesn't matter what platform. Preferably RPGs or SRPGs (or similar type games). Thanks!

-Temporal Flux has been pretty easy to work with on Chrono Trigger.  The game has limits if you want it quick and easy though, but I had an easy time working on text fixes.
-FFVI has FF3USME, and that takes care of most things, though I've had very little success in getting it to work at 100% in Wine.  There is also a treasure trove of patches for it.
-FFIX has Hades Workshop, that's easy to use compared to the other Playstation mainline FFs.
-Pokemon has tons of these of which the hacking community is completely built on.  YAPE is the painless Pokemon editor if you're just hacking the original with no additions to moves or Pokedex, but for more complicated stuff there are others like G3T and Hopeless Trainer Editor.  There are also plenty of randomizers out there.
-I know that the Megaman Battle Network series has a bunch of methods for creating crazy battles and the like.  I think most of this is done by hex editing though, I haven't gone very far with it.
  • Modding version: PSX

mrjane

Thanks for the info and names! I'll Google these up!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown