• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis Class & Formation Modules

Started by AGodDangMoose, April 06, 2017, 12:53:46 pm

AGodDangMoose

April 06, 2017, 12:53:46 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:55:32 am by AGodDangMoose
Nightmare modules for Tactics Ogre The Knight of Lodis
Includes Character, Class, Formation, Weapon, and Ability Editors!

Download Here
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l1scqnz3qmg9u7s/TOTKOL Modules.7z

There were a lot of Unknown's in there that didn't seem to do anything, so I've only included relevant data that can actually be used.
A small note I forgot to add in there is that for Abilities, if there's a status effect with the spell, it seems to be tied to it's animation.  So, to have the effect you have to have the animation.

Have fun!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

AGodDangMoose

I've updated the original post with more up to date modules, as well as a new one.

Also, as stated above, if anyone has any other information regarding this game, like item, spell, or shop information, or anything I haven't already made an editor for, please let me know.  I'm very interested in making more modules for this,

nitwit

Can you upload that to mediafire or mega?  I don't want to give you my gmail address.

AGodDangMoose

I've uploaded it to mediafire, and changed to link.  I've also added in a few things I missed last minute

Blunderpusse

So here's a (most likely) silly question: will you be able (or intend) to add more spell type combinations to the modules? For example, having the Witch class be capable of equipping her standard support spells AND heal? From what I know and remember, in Tactics Ogre, your characters either use fire/wind/water/earth spells OR virtue spells.
"You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!"

AGodDangMoose

Unfortunately, those spell types are the only ones programmed into the game. Anything past 0x0E just gives you no spells. If I could find the data of what spell types have access to what spells, I lost definitely would, but I have no idea where that data is.

AGodDangMoose

This is what boredom and drive get me.
I've found all the weapon, item, and ability data.
This includes a byte which decides what spells go in what spell list. Once I figure out how it works, I'll post the modules, and you can edit it as you like.

Blunderpusse

That's great! Congrats! Guess we'll be able to easily to change some unfair MP costs now XD.

Though, I've got to ask: how did you find the data? Did you try "playing" with random bytes through hex editing or something like that (my programming knowledge is very limited, hence the question)?

PS. Sorry if I'm getting off topic.

AGodDangMoose

September 25, 2017, 02:08:40 am #9 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:12:44 am by AGodDangMoose
Indeed! I got the spell usage data figured out. I'll post it when I get home.

I don't think it's terribly off topic. Yeah, I basically just started corrupting stuff in the general area of what I already had, since I figured all that data would probably be around the same area, then once I found something related, I tried to figure out where the data actually began.

nitwit

Quote from: AGodDangMoose on September 24, 2017, 11:42:01 am
Unfortunately, those spell types are the only ones programmed into the game. Anything past 0x0E just gives you no spells. If I could find the data of what spell types have access to what spells, I lost definitely would, but I have no idea where that data is.

So it's not a bit field (combination of bits in a single byte) that gives you access to various spell categories, but an entire byte?  That suggests there's a table somewhere.

Ah, I see you found the rest.  Very good job!

AGodDangMoose

I've uploaded the new editors, and (hopefully) fixed all the errors with the old ones.  Have fun~

Blunderpusse

Sweet. By the way, any Shop Module planned?

And thank you for your hard work!

AGodDangMoose

Side bar, I'm so sorry I keep uploading different versions of this.  I keep running into things I missed the first time.

And probably not?  It sort of sits on the same area that the ability editor was; I don't know the location of the offsets, and so it will probably be made one day when I haven't slept in 36 hours, and looking at hex tables is the only thing keeping my eyes from falling out.

So, no solid plans on it, but there's a chance in the future.

Chronovore

I was a big fan of this game back in the day. My friends and I all had hard copies and took wonderful advantage of the VS mode. We really played the heck out this game. I fondly remember what I loved but I also remember some things that I wished were different. It was a popular topic of discussion during matches. So being terribly ill and stuck in bed, I decided to look up utilities for a hack. It looks like this is it!

I rebalanced a lot of things so far. However, I want to change the damage output of some abilities. I also want to change the effect of Swallow's Daze and maybe add effects to other skills like Pelting Fury. Is this all tied to the animation? Is there an easy way to change it?