• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Ovelia and Alma formation screen sprites.

Started by scorpiova, April 04, 2017, 10:31:31 am

scorpiova

So, after getting everything setup I am now going to try my hand at events.

But before I dive into that - I have one lingering question about formation sprites and portraits.

If I am able to setup 2 additional events in game the way I want, I am going to need to find a way to add a few additional formation sprites.

I know that Ovelia and Alma having formation sprites is ultimately unnecessary - they only travel with the party for a short time, and never join any battles as guests during that time (with the exception of the 1 story battle for each, which is before they "join as guests").

So while I can use their formation sprites/portraits in wildface/unit bins for new characters - can I make it that they are invisible in the formation screen while traveling with the party? I would rather have them be invisible than to have graphical glitches or to appear as Ramza.

I know Alma is checked as "join after event" after her story battle in Lesalia. Is it as simple as unchecking that in the patcher? Or will I shag up story events if I uncheck that?

Thanks!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

RavenOfRazgriz

When you want to remove a guest from the player's party:

1. Uncheck "Join After Event" for that unit in FFTPatcher.  This will stop them joining the player's party.
2. Adjust ENTDs for any battles or cutscenes where that unit is normally present as a Guest so the game knows to spawn a new unit and not load one from your Formation.  This will prevent bugs.
3. Adjust variables on the World Map to prevent bugs with unlocking areas.  Luckily for you, the only Guest (and not joined, ie Mustadio) character that has World Map checks I can recall is Beowulf and maybe Reis, so you're fine on this front if replacing Ovelia and Alma.
4. Use Glain's UWEntries.xml to redirect the Formation entries of Ovelia's and Alma's job slots to the slots of the new characters you wish to make use of.  You can find this worksheet either on its own or as part of the Workbooks compilation in my signature.

scorpiova

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 04, 2017, 02:33:15 pm
When you want to remove a guest from the player's party:

1. Uncheck "Join After Event" for that unit in FFTPatcher.  This will stop them joining the player's party.
2. Adjust ENTDs for any battles or cutscenes where that unit is normally present as a Guest so the game knows to spawn a new unit and not load one from your Formation.  This will prevent bugs.
3. Adjust variables on the World Map to prevent bugs with unlocking areas.  Luckily for you, the only Guest (and not joined, ie Mustadio) character that has World Map checks I can recall is Beowulf and maybe Reis, so you're fine on this front if replacing Ovelia and Alma.
4. Use Glain's UWEntries.xml to redirect the Formation entries of Ovelia's and Alma's job slots to the slots of the new characters you wish to make use of.  You can find this worksheet either on its own or as part of the Workbooks compilation in my signature.

Awesome thank you for this. I'm pretty sure in both of these ladies cases there is very little I need to do. I also have already usied the UWEntries form for replacing other sprites so I am familiar with what to do.

Now its time to move on to Event planning :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL