• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:47:08 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Altering existing dialogue.

Started by scorpiova, April 02, 2017, 11:50:18 am

scorpiova

Hey guys,

Now that I have setup my custom classes and skillsets as well as all of the sprites and patches that I wanted. I have setup my game very closely to what I wanted. I have played through to chapter 4 and can see that everything works the way I planned. The only downside was the loss of Auto-potion, but with all the other changes that is not a bad thing and actually makes things more balanced not to have it. So I'm happy.

The only ting really left now that I would like to add - is a few scatter dialogue line alterations to make the new characters feel like they are more attached to the game. I don't need this, it will just be a perk depending on the time it would take to do it.

For example I added Terra to the Araguay Woods story battle in chapter 2, and changed Boco into a Wolf. Is it possible for me to change the dialogue that appears in that battle, not add dialogue, simply change what appears? If so, where should I get started?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

It still requires event editing; the text data is part of the event.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful