• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:33:37 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Ramza Sprite] Agrias' Pupil

Started by CodySpie, January 22, 2017, 03:24:52 pm

CodySpie

I've been in the IRC a lot lately chatting about the progress I've made on this new sprite. Angel was interested in seeing how close I could match colors despite being colorblind, so I said I'd post it here when I was done :D

This isn't my first time editing a sprite, however this is the first time that I've created a palette and completely repainted everything by hand as apposed to messing with a few sliders. Instead of a quick one hour job, it ended up taking me two days of late nights to finish :P This sprite is heavily influenced by Agrias' color palette and I used a slightly modified version of the Portrait that Nyzer patched up for me in my help thread

When Astos created the original sprite His inspiration came from the WoTL Dark Knight sprite and he threw a lot of complex shapes in there! Aside from making the shoulder pads more predominant the only real design changes I made was in his rear facing sprite, I did away with the hard and heavy cloak look and replaced them with Coat Tails, I managed to give Ramza his feet back in the process :D

I'm still not confident enough in my vision to say it's right so chances are you'll still find some discrepancies in the color, I know the legs need a bit of work (I also think I accidentally matched a few colors in my Sprite and Portrait Palettes) But I'm pretty happy with it!

• Modding version: PSX

Angel

Just got home from work, and I needed to say that as far as color is concerned, you're spot-on. If I have any criticism at all, it's that Ramza's back is really busy; that amount of detail in so small of a space doesn't lend itself very well in practice. Scale back the detail a bit, and it improves tenfold, worthy of submission. Honestly brilliant for a first-timer.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

CodySpie

Quote from: Angel on January 22, 2017, 11:24:30 pm
Just got home from work, and I needed to say that as far as color is concerned, you're spot-on. If I have any criticism at all, it's that Ramza's back is really busy; that amount of detail in so small of a space doesn't lend itself very well in practice. Scale back the detail a bit, and it improves tenfold, worthy of submission. Honestly brilliant for a first-timer.

Thanks so much for the kind words, Angel, Glad to see I got the thumbs up! :D I agree there's a lot going on back there. I think I'll revisit it and see if I can't simplify it a tiny bit. I started touching it up a little, but I'm having some trouble getting shapes and angles right, particularly in his death sprites. :)

CodySpie

January 28, 2017, 03:39:50 am #3 Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 04:09:57 am by CodySpie
I went back and cleaned up the back sprites, it's not near as cluttered anymore! :D

EDIT 1: Re-uploaded sprite due to a last minute fix. Some shapes were intruding on the face when walking in 1h water. these shapes were altered :D