• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:24:42 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

do questions about event editors(and editors themselves)go here or tools section

Started by Lockeadon, November 25, 2015, 07:00:19 am

Lockeadon

i dunno. all the editors seem complex and vaguely confusing. are they version specific like asm? and what is their relationship with spriting tools?

Xifanie

Quote from: Lockeadon on November 25, 2015, 07:00:19 am
i dunno. all the editors seem complex and vaguely confusing.

If you feel that way, you probably shouldn't event edit then. Event editing isn't even hard, so if it already looks complex and confusing to you, we have a problem.
Quote from: Lockeadon on November 25, 2015, 07:00:19 amare they version specific like asm?

what.
Quote from: Lockeadon on November 25, 2015, 07:00:19 amand what is their relationship with spriting tools?

What's the relationship between milk and ground pork? They're both ingredients.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jumza

There isn't really an editor that you should be using for editing events right now. The best method currently is just having the .txt file open and typing in / copypasta-ing things into it just because the editor doesn't have all the updated info on event editing.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Lockeadon

thanks jumza! @xifi, by complex and confusing, i mean how the editors work, not that eventing itself seems to be. second, i was asking if eventing editors are version specific like asm or if they work with all version. for the third thing, i was wondering if there a specific order of operation between them, like there is between patcher, tactext, and orgasm.