• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:56:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ProtoTactics - A Prototype Tactical RPG Engine WIP

Started by Koruten, September 08, 2014, 07:17:50 pm

Angel

I'm curious what you're building the engine in, and if you plan to make it available to others for their own projects. Well, I'm curious about a lot of things, but figured I'd start with the simple stuff, first. :v
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Koruten

It's actually being built in GameMaker Studio, and will be available to everyone when it is finished. It's a long road ahead of me though, but I will continue on!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angel

Cool deal. If I remember correctly, there aren't that many existing options for an isometric tactics-style engine in GameMaker, so I'm sure it will be appreciated across the board! Are you looking to make the maps 2D or 3D?

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Koruten

I'm going to try to achieve the 3D maps, with rotation and such just like in the original game. The plan is to make the engine as close to the game as possible.

Koruten

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Cheetah

Have you checked out Tethical or reached out to Lirmont? This is looking great though.
Current Projects:

Koruten

I have seen Tethical, but I have not sent any messages to Lirmont. When was the last time Tethical was updated? Wasn't it April?

Anyways thanks for the comments.

Angel

AFAIK, Tethical is being continuously updated, but updates made public are sporadic. But Tethical is very different to what you're doing, since it's a commercial* multi-purpose suite of tools that are highly specialized, so.

* currently offered free on the condition that input is given with use, but the final product will be something you'll pay for.

Koruten

Oh alright. That makes sense. Last time I saw it was when the kickstarter was live.

Vaan

What you re doing looks pretty neat, i must say.
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Koruten

Thanks Vaan.

[youtube]2akI_vGXOJ4[youtube]

TristanBeoulve

"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Koruten

Quote from: TristanBeoulve on September 11, 2014, 05:40:01 pm
This is pretty great stuff.

Thanks!

Attacking is now a thing. As well as HP and damage. (Still lots to do code wise regarding those though.)

Koruten

Small update. Damage is now calculated and has a simple formula.

Koruten

HP is displayed and updates after attacking. Only works with one enemy right now. Working on getting it to work with more. (Min of 6 at least)
((The reason the second screenshot image has different HP is because my GIF recorder didn't record the first take correctly.))

Koruten

Koruten

Starting work on pub, shop, ect.

Also, it would be really helpful if someone could obtain some of the backgrounds from the game like the one from the save screen/attack team. Also, is there anyway to extract 3D models of the maps from the rom?

TristanBeoulve

I really love how quickly you're making progress. More please :):more:
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"