• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:02 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Is this patch dead at 0.50?

Started by Timbo, October 22, 2013, 05:16:57 pm

Timbo

I've been working on my own patch, which is a WotL patch, and I thought I'd decided what exactly I was going to do, then I started thinking about all the things from WotL that my game wouldn't have. It wouldn't have Luso, Balthier, and the Dark Knight as a base job, and it would be missing all of the new events, movies, and items too.

Then I started thinking "Why"? All of the technology exists to add versions of those things in and more. Why have I settled? We can use RAD to expand the job wheel, we can use the party roster hack to allow room for Luso & Balthier and even though we can't add the movies, we can add the contents of those movies in as new events. I mostly decided that it was because I don't know how to make events and I almost left it at that. I started thinking well, what enough people each did one event.

That's when I realized, I better stop where I'm at and find out exactly what is going on with FFT Complete before I get in over my head. So, is this project completely finished and is there anything I can do to help?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

Eventing is easy. Also the party roster hack uses the guest slots. So its not as convenient as you may think,  atleast until someone fixes the ASM.
  • Modding version: PSX