• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

My Blue Mage won't work! Can anyone help?

Started by Zuka, December 26, 2008, 10:37:15 am

Zuka

December 26, 2008, 10:37:15 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Okay, I'm trying to create a blue mage, to replace the archer, I have a skillset made up, and I've figured out how to make sure he can only learn the moves he's hit with, however, my initial problem was that no matter what skil was listed it was treated as the charge skill in it's place, and when I changed it to an alternate skillset (#33 Battle Skill) and of-course changed the skillset to be the blue mage abilties I wanted, however, when I go into battle, no matter how few of the abilities my archer has learned he still has access to nine of the skills, and no more, my guess is because he has nine squire skills learned and the skillset I'm giving him is someone else's version of "Basic Skill" so the game thinks he should know all of the skills he would if he were a blue mage... is there any way i can fix this, perhaps a skillset I can use that won't be treated as a squire replacement? Or do I simply have to either pick another class to edit or give up on my Blue Mage (which is more likely cause i didn't really want to ditch anything but the archer)

|| Edit || Voldemort is the man, he told me how to fix this, sorry for taking up space on the forum. The trick by the way is change the abilities in the action menu to <default> for the skillset you want to change.