• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:10:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.

Started by Rufio, September 25, 2014, 12:44:51 pm

Jumza

Jordan grips the plank of wood, a boy, younger than himself, emerged from who know's where and seems to be approaching the group. There is no visible rot on his skin and he appears to be walking more smoothly than most zombies he had seen, but Jordan felt wary of anything that moved outside of their original group. The older guy seemed to be confronting the younger guy, so Jordan decided to stay quiet for now.

>Hold the plank of wood, cautiously look and listen for other signs of movement or noise on the rooftop, without approaching any of the corpse piles.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Celdia

Rachael spins in alarm at Ron's outburst, bat ready to swing, obviously becoming more than a little jumpy at this point. The fact that she is opposite the group from the newcomer is likely the only thing that saved him from a bat to the head. Taking a moment to collect her wits again, she approaches the broken pipe while trying not to think too much about what she might be stepping in to get to it. She reaches her bat out and pokes the pipe with it. "Does anyone know how to fix something like this? It looks REALLY busted. I think we might need some tools...and a professional maintenance guy."

> Try not to kill the newcomer, don't think about the dead bodies being dead bodies and then go inspect the pipe.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

TristanBeoulve

September 27, 2014, 12:17:29 pm #22 Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:28:45 pm by TristanBeoulve
Jessie examines Ron. "I've been wandering around the wasteland."  Jessie rubbed his neck. Ron arched an eyebrow, and asked "Doing what, exactly?" Jessie considered the question, and then responded "Trying to stay alive, primarily,". Jessie eyed the man carefully. He wasn't sure whether he should just walk away, but something told him these people could help him to his goal. He noticed the sick guy holding a sturdy plank at the ready. "Not to worry," Jessie assured him, "if there were any of the damn shamblers up here, I'd know it." The guy still held the plank, clearly not convinced. Jessie noticed the only female of the group inspecting the pipe, and decides to help out.
>Inspect the broken pipe.
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Vaan

OOC: Imma be the Mr. Averaggio of the group and see how that works out

Player: Vaan

Name: Nacht           
Hobbies: Laser Tag (Dual wielding), Nerf Wars (dual wielding), Camping, Fencing and playing Guitar.

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Agility: 5
Cunning: 5
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 5

Nacht has dyed dark green hair, originally the darkest shade of black like the night, his name sake. About 6'3, white and has an atlethic body due to alot of hardcore laser tag/nerf wars with his friends. Originally lived in a orphanage, but never cared since he was happy in there, always plays his . Been traveling alone since the zombie outbreak and doesnt know how it happened or how he survived but remains confident in his objectives of finding the cure and surviving.

Nacht watches a group of people who seem to be interacting with eachother "They dont look undead enough to be zombies, perhaps i should stick to them", he says while walking towards the group

> Approach the group in the Roof in a friendly stance to avoid alarmation
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Ryqoshay

September 27, 2014, 12:44:21 pm #24 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:59:31 pm by Ryqoshay
"God damned kids are commin' outta the woodwork..." Ron grumbles. "Just how long were you boys up here?" He glares at the two suspiciously. "How did you get up here? Why the hell was the door locked and barricaded from the inside if you were both out here? And for Chris'sake why the f*** did you pile the f*****' bodies up over the ventilation?"

OOC: Going forward, I'd appreciate not having words put into Ron's mouth, even if they were relatively in character.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

TristanBeoulve

Quote from: Ryqoshay on September 27, 2014, 12:44:21 pm
OOC: Going forward, I'd appreciate not having words put into Ron's mouth, even if they were relatively in character.

OOC:Sorry about that. It hadn't occurred to me for some reason that our characters could have conversations without one person making all of it.... now I know.
"I can't speak for Mr. Green over here, but I haven't been here for long. And those bodies are definitely not my doing." Jessie turned to the green haired guy. "By the way, who are you?"
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Celdia

Letting her gaze rest on Jessie, Rachael asks, "One could ask the same of you...and also why you're so confident there's none of those things up here?" Unmasked suspicion colors her words as she side-steps away from Jessie as he gets closer to where she stands by the broken pipe.

Vaan

"Who are you guys is the best question, but i will be polite and answer you first, name's Nacht not Mr Green.", he says as he looks at the broken pipe that is troubling everyone. "What is that?" Nacht asks while pointing at the pipe.
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Ryqoshay

September 27, 2014, 03:10:04 pm #28 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:20:46 pm by Ryqoshay
Ron takes a swig from his bottle of Jack Daniel's. This thing isn't going to last me the next hour... "Farwell." He says. "Ronald Farwell. Call me whatever you want, I don't really give a damn." He points to the remaining planks. "If you wanna make yourselves useful, grab a board and help us get these corpses off. Then Preacher Man here," he makes a rather dismissive wave towards the priest, "might be able to work a miracle and fix it so everyone inside might be graced with some fresh air."

>[Begin removing bodies from the pile using plank, remaining vigilant of movement within and attempting to stay out of arm's reach of any given corpse.]

Jumza

Jordan stares quietly at the arrival of a second unknown person. Still gripping the plank, he hopes that at this point, nothing else surprises the group until the ventilation system was fixed.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Eternal

Father Superbia turns towards the newcomers, nodding politely. "I am Father Superbia. The more the merrier, I say. Our meeting here is surely God's will." Father Superbia then turns to the drunkard. "Ronald, I'll not have you blaspheme. I am no worker of miracles. I am but a faithful servant to the Lord, here to vanquish this horrible night."

Father Superbia cautiously moves towards the others. "If I had to wager a guess, the ventilation shaft likely has a corrupted corpse within it." The priest then glances towards one of the corpses on the ground. "Flesh is falling off of this poor, forsaken soul's body. Perhaps there's some corrupted flesh within the shaft?"

>Hold back and wait for the bodies to be moved.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Vaan

Nacht looks at the priest holding back and says "Hey Friar Tuck, just because you look old doesnt mean you have to do nothing, did god tell you to be useless? Grab a plank and help"
   ~ Vaan

Celdia

Nods unconsciously in agreement with Nacht's statement before offering a simple, "I'm Rachael." to the newcomers.

Jumza

Following up on the rest of the groups introductions, Jordan says "And my name is Jordan." to the new people.
The green haired guy, Nacht, rather rudely tells the holy man to get to work, and though Jordan wasn't particularly religious himself, he decided to stand by the oldest and possibly most frail member of the group. "It's ok," Jordan said to Father Superbia, "you don't have to take every order that's given, especially those from people who we don't know...", Jordan emphasized the last words carefully, he hated being bossed around, and he thought that others probably felt the same way.

Rufio

Quote from: Rufio on September 25, 2014, 12:44:51 pm
To join the game, simply post ">Volunteer" and your character sheet.

Also, please do not write actions or dialogue for characters other than your own.

I'd also like to note that trading items is a free action and can be done at any time.  Just make a note of it like so:
Quote from: Father Superbia[Trade Item]Give Rooftop Key to Rachael

ROUND 4 REPORT

Aside:  A lot going on this round.  Doing it all in chronological post order this time.
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
Reaching the broken ventilation system,  the group is approached by 2 young strangers.  The original party accepts their presence and aid in fixing the ventilation system, and people make introductions.  With bodies blocking the vents, some of the party begins to clear the area so they can affect repairs.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps>Hold the plank of wood, cautiously look and listen for other signs of movement or noise on the rooftop, without approaching any of the corpse piles.

Roll = 6    Total=12
You prepare yourself for any danger that might come your way and actively try to sense any perils that might befall the group.  Other than the voices of the group, the rooftop is eerily silent.

Quote from: Rachael> Try not to kill the newcomer, don't think about the dead bodies being dead bodies and then go inspect the pipe.

Roll = 8    Total=12 (a roll of 1 here would have made my day)
Rachael successfully does not kill the newcomer.  Upon inspecting the pipe, she realizes it is just a hollow pipe with a cap, to prevent debris from entering the main ventilation box.

Quote from: Jessie>Inspect the broken pipe.

Roll = 10    Total=14
You inspect the pipe so thoroughly that you suddenly understand everything about it.  You know where it was made, when it was shipped to the mall, and the name of the guy who put the company stamp on it.  All of this knowledge quickly fades and a "Ventilation Care and Maintenance Manual" materializes in your hand.  Nobody questions where it came from or why you have it.

Quote from: Nacht> Approach the group in the Roof in a friendly stance to avoid alarmation

Roll = 5    Total=10
You approach the party from the opposite direction Jessie did previously.  Your sudden presence slightly alarmates them, but they quickly calm down as you introduce yourself.  Nacht has joined the party!

Quote from: RonaldRonald asks very relevant questions!

Quote from: NewcomersNewcomers use explain.  It's not very effective!

Quote from: Ronald>[Begin removing bodies from the pile using plank, remaining vigilant of movement within and attempting to stay out of arm's reach of any given corpse.]

Roll = 7    Total=14 (+1 for yggdrasil plank, +2 strength check bonus)
You remove the majority of bodies surrounding the system, but notice that the hole where the broken pipe once stood has a particularily stubborn corpse jamming it up.  You're gonna need help getting that body moved.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Hold back and wait for the bodies to be moved.

Roll = 7    Total=15
You successfully hold back while those more adept at moving heavy things take care of business.  Your assessment of the cause of malfunction is correct.  The system appears to be jammed by a corpse.

Quote from: JordanJordan uses protect on Superbia's ego.  It is super effective!

Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  The ever-growing party begins moving the corpse piles so they can affect repairs to the ventilation system.  The arrival of the newcomers has startled the group, but they quickly welcome the aid and support.  With most of the bodies moved, the cause of the problem appears to be a jammed corpse inside the ventilation system.  It most likely damaged some of the inner workings when it fell from the corpse-pile.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents have stopped working.  56 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating.

Character Sheets

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

rrs_kai

September 27, 2014, 11:37:40 pm #35 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 04:01:10 am by rrs_kai
ignore

I sincerely apologize for not informing you of this scenario beforehand. I am sorry for wasting your time
delete my post entirely as I am not aware of how that is done  :oops:.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Rufio

rrs_kai.  I decide what bonuses people have, what their starting inventories are, and what effects certain items give. Fix your character stats and I will introduce your character into the game.

Also, the ventilation system is most assuredly not fixed at this time.  I suggest you read more thoroughly.

All players, ignore previous post of rrs_kai.

Ryqoshay

September 28, 2014, 12:34:01 am #37 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:59:55 pm by Ryqoshay
For now, Ron ignores Superbia's admonishment concerning blaspheme and can't help but chuckle a moment later at Nacht's insulting nickname for the father. However, the name does stir memories of being called it himself by the occasional rebellious recruit who thought they were clever. God, that was ages ago... He shoves the thoughts back down and focuses on the task at hand. The others introduce themselves as well though he barely hears them as he begins prying bodies off the pile, slowly falling into a steady rhythm.

"God damn it!" He finally curses as the primary source of the problem becomes evident. "F*****' jacka** must've tried crawling in here and got himself stuck. We're gonna need more than these stupid hunks of wood to get this bastard out." He turns to the others. "Anyone got any bright ideas?"

OOC: Yes, I read the narration that the corpse probably fell into the vent, but Ron is ticked off at the situation in general and a possible zombie corpse makes for a decent scapegoat.

Eternal

September 28, 2014, 01:02:24 am #38 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:08:19 am by Eternal
OOC: Can Father Superbia bless any form of water to turn it into Holy Water?

Father Superbia looks over at Nacht, agasp. "My son, have you not been taught to respect your elders!? Indeed, He tells me many things, but your words are inexcusable!" The priest closes his eyes momentarily and takes a deep breath. "But I forgive your transgression, as I do all manner of sin. Indeed, tensions are running high right now."

The priest turns back towards the others who are moving the corpses with the planks of wood. "I'm left to wonder, however, how these bodies got atop the roof to begin with. The compound was secured from external threat... so perhaps something was amiss within the mall that would cause all these innocent people to flee here? If so, how did they die?"

Father Superbia focuses for a moment, before coming upon a vexing conclusion. "The corpses are decomposing- that means that they've been dead for some time now. I know not how these poor souls were slain, but whatever it was had to have had a way -down- from the rooftop after it did... whatever it did. The external door was barricaded and locked... which means it can't have gotten down through there. My children... Either these fiends can fly... or the beast that did this is still among the shadows, waiting to strike!"

Father Superbia once more takes a deep breath. "I apologize. Though the Holy Spirit wells within me, even I succumb to fear, as do all mortal men. Jordan, will you please assist me in examining a corpse to see exactly how it was slain?"

>Cautiously examine a nearby corpse for cause of death.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Rufio

Eternal:  Yes, as a priest you can turn water into holy water.  Don't think of holy water in a final fantasy sense, think of it more as a holy water you might find in your neighborhood church sense.

rrs_kai:  Sorry, i can't allow an alternating max stat.  seems too easy to abuse.  if you wish to create a character with a quirk (negative attribute) i will give that character a slight bonus to make up for whatever quirk you choose.