• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:14:22 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Download the Patch: Current Version .50

Started by Cheetah, September 04, 2009, 01:07:35 pm

RandMuadDib

Quote from: "Cheetah"Opening FFT:C with TacText should make it completely editable. The problem is likely that we used a slightly modified version of TacText the fixed some bugs that aren't fixed in the current public version. I will talk to Melonhead about it.

Did this problem ever get properly solved? Melonhead hasn't been seen around here for months. I also know several people have requested this version of TacText, and to my knowledge never received it. Many personal patches are patiently awaiting a solution, and the so-called workaround doesnt seem to work very often. It never worked for me.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

TRC

just wondering, any word on the ETA for the next release of complete?

Cheetah

Basically I just need to get my butt in gear and get some work done. I really want to get these books complete, and Heian has made some really good progress so I just need to get it working in game. It is just a tedious process.
Current Projects:

Hoxir

Hey guys, nice work on this. I'm playing it on my PSX, and I'm still at the beginning, grinding a bit, haha.

A question: can I patch this versions on a FFT japanese iso?

Cheetah

No, I doubt it would even start. The japanese ISO is constructed very differently.
Current Projects:

Hoxir

Oh, I see. Well, I was searching for the differences between the japanese and the american versions, and I found the first to be harder, and with a lot of other different things, like the impossiblity to get the Genji Set (you can't steal from Elmdor on the JP version), the music test, higher job requirements and values to buy some skills as well.

But well, I like the US version too. :) Keep the good work!

Kourama

Is the additional fight from the PSP version going to appear in FFT: C?

The fight in Chapter 4, after you get Meliadoul on your team, where she is added to the battle as a guest and fight Kletian.

It's been a while since I played the PSP version but I think there were a few more battles w/o new characters (other than the one in spoilers above) that did not have specific new content like jobs and/or items that possible could be added.

Vanya

Quote from: Kourama on November 27, 2010, 06:04:25 pm
Is the additional fight from the PSP version going to appear in FFT: C?

The fight in Chapter 4, after you get Meliadoul on your team, where she is added to the battle as a guest and fight Kletian.

It's been a while since I played the PSP version but I think there were a few more battles w/o new characters (other than the one in spoilers above) that did not have specific new content like jobs and/or items that possible could be added.

Personally I wanted to try to get as much of that stuff in, but there just isn't space for the extra scenarios and battle from what I understand.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Eternal

I think Raven's made some extra space for events, so that's something you might want to look into.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

This project is strictly not about adding any of the WotL content other than translation. If you want the WotL content people should play WotL. I wont do it as part of FFT:C, but others are welcome to do so.
Current Projects:

Vanya

Quote from: Eternal248 on February 12, 2011, 09:34:59 pm
I think Raven's made some extra space for events, so that's something you might want to look into.

If that's the case I think I might just have a side project to work on. Or an addendum patch as it would be called at RHDN.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

asaz989

Hi all, new to this forum.

What version (I assume US/NTSC) is this patch meant to be applied to? And in what format (bin/cue/ccd, bin/iso, or .iso)?

Thanks!

Xifanie

April 16, 2011, 01:39:21 am #93 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:41:58 am by Xifanie
Yes, only US/NTSC. There is no PAL version for the PSX at least, and not much of us can actually speak Japanese. ;P
.bin (.cue doesn't matter), .img and .iso are all valid... AS LONG AS THEY ARE MODE2/2352. Not all programs will rip the game correctly. Some will not preserve the CD structure. Well I assume you can already play on emulator; if you can, just patch.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

asaz989

Thanks a lot - such a great improvement to the original experience!

Before I found this patch, I was stuck with playing the game with a browser open to a text copy of a fan translation, it was that intolerable. Great work!

Drake

I downloaded this patch a couple days ago and I have to say I'm having a blast! It's surprising how much a new translation can offer new perspective into the game. I'll probably always prefer the original translation (for some reason, 'The Order of the Northern & Southern Sky' just seems so bland to me compared to the Hokuten and Nanten Knights) story wise, but when it comes to the actual grit of the game, spell names and such, this is so much better. Fire 2/3/4 always grated on my nerves. ;)

I just wanted to thank everyone that has worked on this patch. FFT is my favorite game hands down and you've rekindled my interest in it.

Mootheroo

What changes to the game does the current FFT: Complete, version 0.5 make, other than the WOTL translation, the new intro and (some of) the story books being unlocked?

Is the list from the first post of the FFT Bug/Glitch Discussions thread up-to-date? (I'm asking because that post hasn't been updated since November 13, 2009)

Remi424

Any luck on getting a download link for the patch. Cant find complete anywhere??

Eternal

You should have read the first post. The download for FFT Complete is at the very bottom of it. It's called fftcv50.ppf. Just click the link and it'll start downloading.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

wohdin

So am I to understand that this version does not have translated Sound Novels? I patched my copy of the game and finally managed to get the novels unlocked, but when I go into them, all the text is a hot corrupted mess of Japanese and Latin characters.

Is it currently possible in any way to play the sound novels in English on the actual game?