• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:26 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

old sprites touch up...

Started by Zozma, September 30, 2011, 05:44:26 pm

Zozma

September 30, 2011, 05:44:26 pm Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:20:04 pm by Zozma
just messing with a few old things... like this. compare it with the old frontal frame at the bottom
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

I like the hair change, now her bang is smaller, which seems more real now. I wonder if you ill redoo some other of your old sprites too?

Zozma

September 30, 2011, 07:17:47 pm #2 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:22:37 pm by Zozma
sure am, and here we go, a more important frame, what do you think of lust's new hair? yes the dress is aweful and the colors need to be reworked... hopefully i can get some help eventually

and when i look at this side view of lust's hair, i bet u that it might just work well replacing Misty's hair for some parts

jimmyjw88

September 30, 2011, 10:09:32 pm #3 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 03:54:25 am by jimmyjw88
Hope this some sort helps.

EDIT : Update (1/10/11)
Fixed up a little more.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

September 30, 2011, 10:21:06 pm #4 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:37:30 pm by Zozma
wow it sure does! that matches her portrait a lot better :D thank you! these old sprites needed the work, but they still have potential to look completely pro made

haha, when i look at her close up i just cant seem to work on it XD i guess i really have become rusty

Lijj

Lust looks way better in the new version!
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

September 30, 2011, 11:02:09 pm #6 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:01:29 am by Zozma
thanks Lijj, her dress, on the otherhand looks a hot mess...
I think for starters she needs a boob lift... but also a black version of misty's dress would also match her character art more closely...

perhaps this hair would look better on that meliadoul unveiled sprite as well? at any rate these are just quick edits i did at work... i dont have internet at home lol... chances are i wont be able to update the actual sprites myself for a long time

jimmyjw88

October 01, 2011, 07:16:57 am #7 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:22:22 am by jimmyjw88
For Meliadoul Unveiled's hair....

Behold

C & C ~

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Yesss, that's definitly a great improvement, Jimmy. However finding someone who is willing to do something soo heavily custom for every pose is probably impossible. But nonetheless, it's great.

Zozma

October 01, 2011, 03:11:56 pm #9 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:17:01 pm by Zozma
the most important poses are the front and back diagonal, anything else can be played with to mach.... I just wish i actually had access to the internet at home, i cant even get these files at home

ok i could probably use this early frimelda frame for the front hair of lust or part of

btw, this is more similar to what i am going for with the hair some variation of these

jimmyjw88

Haha. Looks better than mine. I would vote for 3rd.

Zozma

i agree with number 3, but i wouldnt have managed to make it look that way if you hadnt played with it first...

Twinees

That looks great guys, just need to fix those clothes now.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Yep, number 3 is a spot on. While changing the body, please remember to do something about the foots please, heh.

Cheetah

October 02, 2011, 12:42:05 pm #14 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:12:16 pm by Cheetah
I like that you are doing this Zoz. The third version is certainly the best.

PS: I'm hoping to do some improvements to my male Red Mage sprite. But can someone please update the portrait or at least give him a new hat haha.
Current Projects:

Zozma

October 02, 2011, 03:10:46 pm #15 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:21:15 pm by Zozma
i think if ppl went back over their old stuff after gaining more skill, it would really improve the quality of what we already have... I've always insisted on having things in my game that looked like it belonged there (to a degree anyway, lol pink hair doesn't exactly fit haha)

now then, as for the rest of her body, I donno. i am certain that i do not have the time to make huge changes, however, her true character design does not have sleeves for one thing (tho i think it looks better) I think an arm swap into more elegant arms (the dancer's arms obviously) would be appropriate. thats an easy fix, as for the feet? well I am not quite sure what to do about that either,

if you consider where i got the motivation behind this sprite in the first place you would understand. but i know it would look better with different feet....

Kagebunji

For the feet, Female Ninja can work, she has small and nice looking boots. As for the body, I must admit I don't know what's on her chest, but that cloth on her legs is nice.

Zozma

October 02, 2011, 04:04:09 pm #17 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:15:30 pm by Zozma
this is an aweful fan art, but it DOES give a sort of close up look at the intended design of the dress (allthough the artist switched the dress and trim colors for some dumb reason, and that includes the anklets being the wrong color in this fan art as well)

(this might have been the actual artist for this game now that i think of the way the characters were, only my sprite is modeled after their actual in game sprite lol in which case, her fft version is more flattering)

RandMuadDib

I like it so far, I've actally been looking for a good red-haired unique for my patch, and (with permission of course) i'd likke to use this when its done.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Zozma

October 02, 2011, 04:19:42 pm #19 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:46:56 pm by Zozma
you are always welcome to anything ive posted. I do, however, recommend that you frankensprite and attach her head on a new body, as i cannot promise i will ever have time to finish, same goes for Lust there (not any black haired characters in game except olan)

I am working on as much as i can, but as i have no internet at home and i have done this touchup at work only, i dont have access to it at home either.

now the next thing, I honestly dont know if this needs a little or a lot of work... but i wouldnt know where to start either (talking about the hair)

and an update on the frontal frame, to match more with the new diagonal.. Im still struggling with the front hair a little bit though

anyway, another thought i had is maybe cutting back some of the hair, what do you think? the right one or the left one? I cannot decide which looks better but im starting to think i should just stick with the left one. i guess there are so many potential things you can do with character hair lol. maybe i should just make hairdo's for people to frankensprite lol