• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ENTD Help

Started by Kourama, July 27, 2008, 09:55:36 am

Kourama

July 27, 2008, 09:55:36 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I changed Rad into a Red Mage and saved the sprite over Gaff's guest version. However when I end up in the battle to save Ovelia where Gaff changes sides, both Gaff and my Red Mage leave my party. Short of totally revamping and using a different sprite to use for my Red Mage is there any way to fix this with the ENTD editor?

Dormin Jake

July 28, 2008, 01:18:26 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
You just gave me the idea that perhaps it would make more since if Rad left with Gafgarion.  After all, he is one of Gaff's apprentices, and would probably be pretty loyal to him.

But I'm not helping you by saying that, am I?      sorry, I know nothing useful
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

VincentCraven

July 28, 2008, 08:14:28 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Depends on what you did in the ENTD editor.

Chances are, you didn't check Gafgarion's box that says "Save Formation"? My guess would be that that is your problem.  Rad is still a guest, right?  If not, you may have to make him a guest until that battle and then make him Join at the end of that event.

Dormin J: I'm surprised you didn't ever wonder why Rad's loyalty was with his equal and not his superior.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Nagafen

July 28, 2008, 11:52:57 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Nagafen
Oh, so if say I wanted Algus (guest) to join after a certain batlle, I just tick "Save Formation" and "Join after event"? Or did I word that wrong..

Kourama

July 28, 2008, 08:14:13 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Quote from: "VincentCraven"Depends on what you did in the ENTD editor.

Chances are, you didn't check Gafgarion's box that says "Save Formation"? My guess would be that that is your problem.  Rad is still a guest, right?  If not, you may have to make him a guest until that battle and then make him Join at the end of that event.

Dormin J: I'm surprised you didn't ever wonder why Rad's loyalty was with his equal and not his superior.

Rad had already joined my party when he used to join but I think I'm just going to have him join in the fight where Gaffy finally dies.

Also I want to add Vincent into the game, so if I use Mustadio's "guest" sprite as the placeholder everything should work out if I have the regular Mustadio the same in every spot he is supposed to appear in.

CidIII

July 28, 2008, 08:23:27 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
That might not work, if you are adding the Vincent I put up on the Forums.

Mustadio is Sprite type 1, and Vincent is Sprite Type 2  :(
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

Kourama

July 28, 2008, 08:33:37 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I guess that leaves Malak or Agrias for me then.