• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:23:02 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] Inquiry Regarding "Precision" Support Ability

Started by Neophyte Ronin, June 14, 2012, 07:39:39 pm

Neophyte Ronin

June 14, 2012, 07:39:39 pm Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:02:51 am by Dome
The Knight's multifaceted "Precision" Support Ability makes Thieves, Engineers, Oracles, and possibly Sages into total bad-asses.  From my understanding, it raises the percentage of skills and effects that have a chance of failure.  Standard attacks do not, unless Direct or Magic Evasion are taken into account.

So, how many Command Abilities or just abilities are affected by this thing?  I understand condition effects are covered, but I was wondering about other abilities like Perform.  Are the Perform Abilities with chance of success covered as well?

Joseph Strife

I think that most abilities of the game (if not all) are covered in the "Precision" skill, but i can't tell for sure.
Dome can solve this better, wait for his reply.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Otabo

As far as I know, Perform isn't affected by Precision. Would be pretty broken if it was, though.

Dome

I used Xif's hack
"Abilities like talk skill, spells, physical abilities gain 25% to hit unless they are 100% to hit to start with."

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Neophyte Ronin

Thanks.  It doesn't affect Perform.  Better than nothing.

Talk Skill, Physical beneath 100% success, and Spells beneath 100% success.  Killer.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"