• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

CrowBlack

Eternal

Thanks for all your feedback! I'm going to be a little out of commission until after the 10th of May, but I am keeping track of this topic! I'll respond in-depth after that. CrowBlack, are you sure you're using the most updated version? It fixes a lot of that.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

CrowBlack

I wasn't, then i re-checked with the newest version, still not fixed, at least the one i could check,but i cannot check my arcanist, since i throw it out of the clan, But the enemy has at least break the law once, after i re-check it. Dual sword still not usable. Rime Also cannot be used (Bard skil)

Eternal

Just because there's not been an update recently doesn't mean it's dead. It means I've been working on a lot of back-end stuff that isn't really ready for release yet.

EDIT: The biggest of which is getting Evoker working and some other weird bugs fixed. The next update will be the cleanest one yet, if all goes well! :)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

bcrobert

My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Shintroy

Looking forward to the update. Stopped midway chapter 2. Fights didn't get harder like they did in the first .99X release
Some day my people will be free.

Eternal

Ultimately, the next update's balance should be a lot more stable, with much fewer spikes, and an overall better curve. Also, hopefully, Chocobo Summon. :P

Eternal

Hey all! Just an update, I've been really busy so far, but I've still been plugging away at the next update for GG, which should be out in July. Sorry for the wait, but this is my busy season at work. Kweh!

gomordecai

Hello, I'm having a patching issue. I'm running tsukoyomi through wine on OS X and I get an error every time is attempt to patch. Sorry if this doesn't belong on this forum, if not thanks for your hard work and I'm sure I'll love it once I get it going.

Eternal

Hmm, I'm honestly not familiar with Wine, so I can't really say what the issue would be. My guess is that your computer is missing some requisite file to properly run the program or something along those lines. Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

Aquarius322

Hello there. I noticed another bug. It happened when I fought clan dip I went to check the stats of the summoner and the game froze.

kedar

Hey, just stumbled upon this project and wanted to thank you for your time and effort put into creating GG. Can't wait to dive into tweaked Ivalice, and be a child again. I'm a bit salty, as I liked my Illusionist, but I'm aware that it was a necessary change. Is July still a viable deadline, or will you need more time to polish your baby? I know you have your private life, and I respect that.

Eternal

For the most part, most of my tweaks and fixes are just about done. I'm still having trouble with the Evoker and Reaver though, so that may take a little more time to polish.

Eternal

Honestly, the issue is finding text space with the tools that are currently out. I've run out of space to make new ability names and description names.

Viking

How can I tell if this is done correctly right away? I followed the instructions, but in the first tutorial battle the laws still show up. Am I using the right Tsukuyomi thing? Theres four things to use, and I don't know which is which or what files go to what (I had it installed right once, but it seems to not want to work again)

Eternal

An easy way to tell is that before the title screen there'll be a screen that says Eternal + Darthatron. If that doesn't appear, then the patch hasn't patched correctly.

Viking

Which title screen, the one on startup or the one after the little intro thing?

Also, trying to redo everything. Clicking 'Apply patch to existing file' gives me a invalid checksum error, applying to a new file gives the same thing. Create a new patch I don't know how to use. Am I supposed to have two rom files, one to use as the patch to apply to, and the other to have as the output destination?