• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:39:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Button Configuration patch?

Started by reversebustersword, July 26, 2015, 05:38:40 am

reversebustersword

July 26, 2015, 05:38:40 am Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:59:06 am by reversebustersword
Hi, I was wondering if their was a patch that lets you change button options for the PSP GO. My x button is taking a beating!

Nyzer

I think there's an option for some Custom Firmware that does that for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GUKxKOf10g
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

reversebustersword

July 26, 2015, 07:41:58 pm #2 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:30:33 pm by reversebustersword
It doesn't work in game. Only in the psp menu  :|

Angel

If you're playing on a real PSP, it should. Source: my PSP is set to have circle as confirm and cross as cancel in all games.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

reversebustersword

July 28, 2015, 04:33:10 am #4 Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:58:13 am by reversebustersword
I really tried, but it won't change once I start any psp game  :? Do I need to update something? OMG I forgot to mention its a psp GO, not a normal psp.

Angel

That might be an issue. On my 1001 and 2001, it's as simple as either using the recovery menu hack or changing the region - both work.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Nyzer

The problem then is that your PSP is too new. PSP-3000 and up are very resistant to custom firmware. So unless there's a superior cfw option for a Go, I expect that's the end of the story.

Patching the buttons to change in a specific game would be a massive undertaking. Every single function the X button has in FFT is going to have its own coding. The only viable solution was for your hardware to "change" where the X button was "located", and if it can't do that, well...

Angel

PSP games are coded to assign X and O button functions by system region, so outside of the firmware hack, it's just a region toggle that affects it. This is why even the Japanese version of WotL will have X as accept on a US PSP, but still O as accept on a Japanese PSP. This was mandated by Sony since the system itself is region-free and they wanted the regional conventions to be hardware dependent rather than software dependent.

Nyzer

Oh? I assumed that would have been something that was just designed to happen with the region change on the PSP itself, not the games. In that case, yeah, if RBS can find some way to change that on their Go...

reversebustersword

July 28, 2015, 11:29:38 pm #9 Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:46:49 am by reversebustersword
Damn. Why Square. Why couldn't you put button change option like in FFVII??  :cry:

I have the 6.60 cfw. Is there anything newer that has button configuration?