• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:00:03 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Reunion at Bariaus Hill Video

Started by Archael, September 07, 2009, 07:23:09 pm

Archael

MiKeMiTchi

September 07, 2009, 10:29:43 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
They liked the title screen :)
(not really necessary, though)

- elemental text still bugs me
- tennis shoes!?
- weapons and items are way too cool.
- we need to work on job sprites. BIG TIME.

part2
- script is good, needs some revising :P
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

warrioroflight

September 07, 2009, 11:10:55 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by warrioroflight
To sum up this whole thing in two words:

HOLYYYYYY SHIEEEEETTTTTTTT :d

Eternal

September 07, 2009, 11:11:13 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
Mike, what about the script do you feel needs revising? We had to leave out a few components do to certain restraints, so keep that in mind.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Archael

September 07, 2009, 11:15:57 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
yeah, the new Ramza armor does look good

MiKeMiTchi

September 07, 2009, 11:19:44 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quote from: "Eternal248"Mike, what about the script do you feel needs revising? We had to leave out a few components do to certain restraints, so keep that in mind.

Not much. For me, the text showing/placing is important. So, how a text ends is important. (I think that isn't your job) :)

RamzaBot

September 07, 2009, 11:38:08 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RamzaBot
I enjoyed it, but I do agree with Archeal's commentary, it's nothing like Tactics the original. Totally can't just have five people in a battle, which makes preparations much more vital.

jimmyjw88

September 07, 2009, 11:54:43 pm #7 Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:56:45 am by jimmyjw88
Wow...Amazing. Awesome video. I can't wait till Mercenaries is done.
Give a big applause for all the members hard work ^^
Also, great naming on all the weapons, armors and etc. And some items have great descriptions, reach to two pages at least.
Amazing ^^

EDIT: The part where Gafgarion ran and attack Rondel but Rondel teleported...That's amazing. And the conversion, funny and epic at the same time;
"Assassin is such a vulgar word and I am not a vulgar man. I prefer the term "Lifeflame Extinguisher"..."Don't insult my intelligence", "Don't insult my eye"..
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Sephirot24

September 08, 2009, 12:42:50 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Awesome! Seeing so much new items and skills is great. Except for the bugy battle conditions and that kind of minor stuff it looks very, very promising :)

*applauds everyone involved*

MiKeMiTchi

September 08, 2009, 01:32:46 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteThe part where Gafgarion ran and attack Rondel but Rondel teleported...That's amazing.

Indeed. I love that event. :P

Redux

September 08, 2009, 07:26:48 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
You guys have really outdone yourselves. Kudos to all of the Mercenaries Team.  Especially Lasting dawn, for his creative mind and inability to keep descriptions short. =)

MiKeMiTchi

September 08, 2009, 07:50:11 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quote from: "Redux"You guys have really outdone yourselves. Kudos to all of the Mercenaries Team.  Especially Lasting dawn, for his creative mind and inability to keep descriptions short. =)

That's just one battle. Thanks for the praises!
Hope we could make the next video preview a lot better. :)

QuoteTotally can't just have five people in a battle, which makes preparations much more vital.

What does this mean, by the way?

Sephirot24

September 08, 2009, 11:53:33 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
You'll have more party members, even if they're guests right? Or you'll have playable guests?

I remember LD saying that it'd be similar to FFIV, where throughout the whole game your party changed constantly and you never knew who was gonna end up in your final team.

Archael

September 08, 2009, 11:55:13 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
that's a good way to keep things interesting
QuoteYou'll have more party members, even if they're guests right? Or you'll have playable guests?

sometimes, but I think the majority of the time it's just Rad and Ramza w/ Gafgarion as a guest. and you don't control what gafgarion comes in with

MiKeMiTchi

September 08, 2009, 12:10:01 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quotesometimes, but I think the majority of the time it's just Rad and Ramza w/ Gafgarion as a guest. and you don't control what gafgarion comes in with

I see. Interesting indeed.

LastingDawn

September 08, 2009, 03:49:09 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That's correct, it is in that respect like FFIV, but no, your Actual team never goes past Rad and Ramza, Hedin will crystalize when put into battle and Squolar just gives you useful hints to the next fight. By "guests" I mean those that are on the field on your side, for instance...

In Chapter 1 Lavian "joins" you shortly on, but leaves after Zeklaus, in Chapter 2 you end up fighting her and the other Konoe Knights in Zirekile Falls. (not exactly a spoiler since I've already alluded to it... oh several times) Allies leave and go, some even turn against you, they're as fickle as the wind.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

SilvasRuin

September 08, 2009, 03:55:13 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I wouldn't be so unwilling to use the Slow and Berserk stuff.  You had two of each.  Pile on both the Slow armor and the shield and you get the benefits of both for the penalty of one.  And both wolf items on the same character should be potent enough to keep the character useful in the battle, I think.  Actually I would have been rather interested in seeing how a berserked character would have fared with both wolf items.

LastingDawn

September 08, 2009, 04:06:57 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well the Slow and Wolf items are sets...

Sure one piece may not be worth it but two or three, just for the price of Slow may be worth it, here is how it goes...

Slow Set -

Obelisk - + 2 PA, only one handed spear in the game, and the most powerful to boot, all for the price of slow.
Gigas Bulwark - + 2 PA 45 Physical Evasion  all for the price of Slow
Bulky Plate - at 150 HP it is the highest HP giving item in the game, once again for the price of Slow.
Giant's Helm - at 120 HP Vastly outweighs any helmet to an HP range, just for Slow
Heavy Ring - The creme de la creme (I know I butchered that...) Always Protect, Always Slow. This set is the Ultimate in Tanking gear, though you are of course... a bit slow.

Then there's the Berserker's Set...

Wolf Helm - at 60 HP it is the highest HP hat in the game (not including hacked Kanbabrif gear)
Wolf Pelt - By Far doubling the highest other HP cloth in the game at 100 HP.
Wolf Paws - And once again, it is the accessory of choice which pulls the set together. This gives +3 Move, +1 PA, all for the price of Berserk, this almost makes it certain that the Berserked recipient would be able to strike an opponent (if properly equipped).
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Sephirot24

September 08, 2009, 04:14:42 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Now that you put them this way, the DO look useful :)
I see everything's very thought out.

mav

September 08, 2009, 06:13:09 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
That's one of my favorite things about Mercenaries: nothing is perfect and everything has some flaw. You can get a whopping HP increase, but end up with some ulterior status effect. It forces you, the player, to choose wisely and make concessions. Very smart, very smart.

As for the video itself, the script was nice, the new item names and icons really made me happy--by the way, if the Leather Jacket was black you could easily pass it off as the Gambler's jacket...just saying. The event itself seemed fairly seamless, so good job on that. I wasn't too partial to the Arbalist's sprite--occasionally the sprite looks off. And good move not changing the job sprites yet--I don't think people would be ready for all these new job names and sprites--it'd be too much to handle.

I was happy to hear my name mentioned at the beginning of the first video, even though I didn't anything. :>

EDIT: Professor's Rod description says "These were given to only Professors of Magic at Gariland's Magic Academy..." but it should say "These were only given to...", right? I dunno, maybe not.

And in the historical document Feud Between Larg and Goltana, the second sentence says "They are fighting for the regency, ho will be guardian to the Prince", should be "who", methinks.

Bulky Plate's description has issues on its second page: should say stronger than humans (not "then humans") and I think you need to scoot the period over a space after "defenses".

I'm sure you'd catch these, but I figured I'd post 'em here for ya. Right now I have other things to attend to, but if I find more I'll let you know. [/i]