• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:37:13 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Mercenaries Randoms (Missions) 11/120

Started by LastingDawn, December 04, 2008, 01:16:23 pm

LastingDawn

December 04, 2008, 01:16:23 pm Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:38:32 am by LastingDawn
Haha! Well doesn''t this look like an extremely familiar thread... in any case, unlike 1.3 randoms, Mercenaries randoms are not really "randoms"in that they are Missions, each one can of course be repeated.

Each Random will Always consist of Ramza, Rad, and Gafgarion, those three must be included in every battle. Every mission success will earn you a "War Trophy" of varying importance, it will most likely be a Relic, well... it always be one Relic, but there are other gifts to earn, depending on the battle... here is the layout of a Test Battle, so to speak...

Rad
Ramza
Gafgarion

Allies
(Randomly Present)
x1 Male Knight with Hymns (Offers a Linen Robe as War Trophy, if Present)

(Always Present)
x1 Female Knight with Gamble

Enemies

(Always Present)
Male Traveler with Grimiore and MA Up (Offers a Broken Pocketwatch upon victory)

Female Traveler with high job level and Defense Up

Male Traveler with Hymns

(Randomly Present)

x2 Male Knights
----------------------------------------

Of course this is only an example (and a pretty poor one...) so I'm sure you fellows will come up with something better, but for reference...

Let's use only Chapter 1 Randoms to start off with.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

December 04, 2008, 01:26:36 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Damsel in Distress

1x Rad
1x Ramza
1x Gafgarion

Allies (Randomly Present)
1x Female Rune Mage OR 1x Female Invoker OR 1x Female Cantor

Enemies (Randomly Present)
4x Traveler OR Dragoons
3x Marlboro OR Dragons
1x Arbalist leader OR 1x Warder Leader OR 1x Knight Leader

War Trophy
???

Map
Swamp or Flatlands

Skip Sandwich

December 04, 2008, 01:54:32 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Goblin Fighter

1x Rad
1x Ramza
1x Gafgarion

Enemies (Always Present)
2x Black Goblin
1x Male Monk Leader

4x Goblins

War Trophy
???

Map
Sweegy Woods

----------------------------------
Chocobo Wranglers

1xRad
1xRamza
1xGafgarion

Allies (Always Present)
1x Chocobo

1xChocobo

Enemies (always present)
2x Male Traveler
1x Female Archer Leader

Enemies (Randomly present)
1x Male Traveler
2x Cuar

War Trophy
???

Map
Mandalia Plains

------------------------------------
Pyromaniac

1xRad
1xRamza
1xGafgarion

Allies (Always Present)
1x Woodman

1x Treant
1x Taiju

Enemies (Always Present)
4x Bomb
1x Male Invoker Leader

2x Grenade
1x Bomb

War Trophy
???

Map
Sweegy Woods

-----------------------------------------------
Bleached Bones

1xRad
1xRamza
1xGafgarion

1x Female Traveler
1x Male Traveler

Enemies (Always present)
2x Skeleton
1x Bone Snatch Leader

Enemies (Randomly present)
4x Skeleton
2x Bomb
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

The Damned

December 04, 2008, 04:59:37 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
First and foremost, I will be suggesting at least one "Mission", I just have a lot of questions first.

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Let's use only Chapter 1 Randoms to start off with.

I guess the first question is: Are the areas in your Chapter 1 currently the same ones as in vanilla? Meaning that there are only five places for randoms: Mandalia, Lenalia, Sweegy, Desert, and Fovoham (or whatever Wiegraf's place turns into).

Similarly, are the same monsters available? Because I vaguely recall someone--I'm not sure if it was you, but it's between you and Lydyn--saying he wanted to get rid of Juravis and Pisco Demons, two of the (relatively) few monster classes that appear in Chapter 1 (in vanilla). Without those, off the top my head, only C Level monster classes of Chocobo, Panthers, Bull Demons, Ahriman, and Dragons appear. There a few B Level monsters that appear from the classes that stand out a bit more for whatever reason, such as Bombs, Skeletons and Goblins (oh my!).

Third question is with regards to Gafgarion: Even if he appears in these battles, are we going to be able to change his equipment? I ask because so far I've noticed that he acts like an uber-Guest: one that doesn't appear in the Battle Formation menu, but that you can still control.

I'm just asking because these are supposed to be easy and thus I don't want to (personally) have any Undead-heavy battle where he'll be nigh useless outside of physical attacks.

Fourth and last question is more specific and only being asked because you used in the example: So you finally decided what was going to be in Gamble?

I might be good to have a list of the classes that you've semi-finalized because right now I only know of four or five off the top of my head: Invoker, Esperblade, Traveler, Archer, and Reliquirian/Antiquirian.

Map: Fovoham South (meaning you start at the bottom IIRC)

Enemies (Always Present)
x 1 Female Archer (w/ Longbow type-weapons)
x 2 Male Archers (w/ Longbow type-weapons)

x 1 Flotiball OR x1 Male Cantor
x 1 Female Archer OR x1 Female Cantor

War Trophy
[Insert something Archer-related Here]

----

Map: "Chapter 1 Desert Whose Name Escapes Me Now" South

Ally (Randomly Present)
x1 Male Traveler

Enemies (Always Present)
x1 Female Traveler
x1 Skeleton
x2 Goblins

x1 Male Blue Mage
x1 Bomb

War Trophy
Weathered Sword

----

Map: Mandalia West (from Igros)

Ally (Randomly Present)
x 1 Female Cantor

Enemies (Always Present)
x 2 Male Knights w/ Flee AI
x 1 Female Knight w/ Flee AI
x 2 Skeletons

x 1 Female Archer
x 1 Male Archer

War Trophy
Eschuteon (I'm pretty sure that's spelled incorrectly) or Buckler

----

Map: Mandalia East

Enemies (Always Present)
x 2 Female Cantor
x 1 Female Invoker

x 1 Male Traveler
x 1 Male Oracle
x 1 Female Blue Mage

War Trophy
Grimoire

----

Map: Sweegy West

Ally (Randomly Present)
x1 Male Monk

Enemies (Always Present)
x 2 Black Goblins
x 1 Goblin

x 1 Bull Demon
x 1 Cuar
x 1 Skeleton

War Trophy
Rusty Claws
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Archael

December 04, 2008, 07:14:22 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
The Damned you write alot

boomkick

December 04, 2008, 07:29:02 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Maybe you can make a One random for each of the Reliquian's (i didnt spell that right) items, or weapons.

For example:

Map: Finath River right side

Ramza
Rad
Gafgarion

Enemies Always Present
1x Immortal ??? Reliquian w/ Glass Axe (can not be stolen?)

Enemies Randomly Present
3x Reliquian R/S/M with other Relics, even Orb of Minu o.O (can not be stolen) (one, two, or all three)

War Trophy
(A moderate Relic)

Another random with the Orb of Minu as a War Trophy should be in the Deep Dungeon, where you have to fight 3 Immortal ??? Reliquians and a random of 5 other regular Reliquians.

These are supposedly hard.

The Damned

December 04, 2008, 08:03:08 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Voldemort7"The Damned you write alot

Yes, this is unfortunately quite true.

Quote from: "boomkick"Maybe you can make a One random for each of the Reliquian's (i didnt spell that right) items, or weapons.

You spelled it correctly; I'm the one that spelled it incorrectly.

What you're proposing was probably going to be done already, but we also have to keep in mind that currently LastingDawn only wants half of them to be Mission Awards. The others are poachable or can be bought in stores, though I would imagine the bought in stores one would be fine or else I would have suggested Weathered Sword as War Trophy for one of them.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

LastingDawn

December 05, 2008, 12:03:20 am #7 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:57:00 am by LastingDawn
Whoa... thank you very much for the Random ideas, The Damned, Boomkick,  Skip Sandwich and Voldemort! These are great! This has actually got a bit more attention then I had thought it would, hehe... in any case, the first chapter of Mercenaries does follow the normal story path from Zeakden to... well... back to Zeakden, after that there will be a few twists and turns in Chapter 2, then Chapter 3, is another whole ball game. Chapter Four is a lot of side quests and only the conclusion, really.

Now as for Missions... it would be rather odd to Only obtain Relics, I want to make them varied in effect and power, in which each one will keep it's use all the game long, since you might receive a Clockwork Night right before the finale, and I'd like to still have it have use (those goals... could take a bit of work) . Fighting Randoms will guarantee a Relic each time, therefore receiving the same one over and over is quite boring, but getting that special one, which you think you just need one more to face the challenges ahead... now that should be their purpose. Also the War Trophy's will probably be varied, in that you could have a chance to get a random choice of 3 or 4 relics in total, but only get one of them. I hope this clarified thing, of course to do this, it's as simple as making the Randomly Present, units on the same panel, therefore which ever one appears will have Said relic. I had planned to get rid of Juravis, but I really see no reason, they're pretty fine enemies. But the Porky are gone, unless I decide to turn them into Moogles... which sounds like a pretty appetizing idea, maybe.

But as for Gafgarion, the creator's of the random if they wish can list equipment they want him to wear for that battle, since normally he is Randomized from head to toe, unless it's a special battle.

And yes, I do have a full Gamble set, but it's late now so I'll post it in the morning (or afternoon when I get off work)

Invoker, EsperBlade, Traveler, Dragoon, Cantor, Invoker, Blue Mage, Archer, Arbalist, and I believe that's all of them for now.

Art of War

Archael

December 05, 2008, 01:10:12 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Warder

boomkick

December 05, 2008, 01:58:00 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Reliquian

LastingDawn

December 05, 2008, 07:40:02 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Reliquian is finished, yes, but...

We don't even have Skill ideas for Warder, it's very difficult to even proclaim it semi-complete.

Art of War

boomkick

December 05, 2008, 10:52:56 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
When you have the chance (since it already says on title) could you try to post the randoms you have on the first post. I know this is already on your agenda, but it would provide us with more information on what kind of randoms you want.

Another question, will all the monsters is Mercenaries stay the same or will they change?

Well here are some randoms I'm thinking of.

Ghosts?

Map: Zigolus Swamp (spelled wrong)

Controlled units:
Ramza
Rad
Gafgarion
(one other unit, maybe Lavian)

Gafgarion's equipment is basically the best for chapter 4, since this random only appears in Chapter 4. (He WILL need it).

Enemies always Present:
x1 Immortal ??? Ramza
x1 Immortal ??? Rad
x1 Immortal ??? Gafgarion

Enemies Randomly present:
x3 Ghoul, Gust, and Revenant
OR
x3 Skeleton class (their names escape me).

War Trophy:
A rare sword, dont know what it is yet.
-------------------------------------------------------

Magic's origin.

Map: Zeklus Desert (???)

Controlled Units:
Ramza

Allies Always Present:
x6 Invokers R/S/M and random equipment.

Enemy Always Present:
1x Immortal Invoker Sprite with a very strong primary and secondary, some of which are only accessible by bosses.

War Trophy
Any high level magic accessory would work.

The Damned

December 05, 2008, 03:24:18 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Aren't we supposed to be sticking with Chapter 1 stuff?

And, LD, you got rid of all Uribos or do you just mean Porky (as in the Level A Uribo)? I'm trying to clarify even though I'm guessing you mean the former.

Anyway, I just realized that Fovoham North doesn't open up until Chapter 4, which annoys me. I guess I'll just suggest something for Fovoham West (from Zeakden). Although, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if you can actually count it as part of Chapter 1 now that I think about it since Chapter 1 normally ends at Zeakden, meaning that Fovoham West technically isn't available until Chapter 2.

*shrug*

Map: Fovoham West

Enemies (Always Present)
x 1 Male Dragoon
x 1 Juravis
x 1 Pisco Demon
x 1 Skeleton

x 1 Skeleton
x 1 Female Dragoon

War Trophy
Spike Shoes

----

Map: Sweegy East

Enemies (Always Present)
x 2 Female Geomancer
x 1 Female Geomancer Leader

x 1 Bomb
x 1 Skeleton
x 1 Living Bone

War Trophy
Battle Boots

boomkick

December 05, 2008, 06:29:45 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Clan of Chocobos

Map: Mandalia Plains

Controlled Units
Ramza
Rad
Gafgarion

Allied Units
x1 Black Chocobo

Enemy Units
x9 Yellow Chocobos

Random Enemy Units
x1 Red or Black Chocobo.

War Trophy
Mantle

PX_Timefordeath

December 06, 2008, 03:10:25 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Band of Thieves

Map: Mandalia South

Controlled Units
Ramza
Rad
Gafgarion(Gaffy has no sword or helm, only robe and battle boots equipped)
Lavian

Allied Units(Randomly Present)
X2 Female Cantors
(Always Present)
X1 Knight

Enemy Units(Always Present)
X3 Male Travelers
X1 Female Traveler
X1 Male Invoker
X1 Female Archer
(Randomly Present)
X2 Chocobos
X1 Blue Mage
X2 Gamblers

War Trophies
Lots of Gil
OR Battle Axe
OR an ancient sword(Relic)
OR chocobo feather(Relic)

LastingDawn

December 06, 2008, 08:45:22 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I like these all, though what is a Chocobo Feather? Give a good reason for it, and I may consider it an item of some sort, hehe.

Art of War

boomkick

December 07, 2008, 04:10:42 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Grants haste to a single unit at cost of an item.

PX_Timefordeath

December 09, 2008, 10:53:38 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
How about Accessory with Perm:Slow and Add:Haste so it starts out hasted and then gets slowed from the energy rush?

Archael

December 09, 2008, 11:11:02 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"How about Accessory with Perm:Slow and Add:Haste so it starts out hasted and then gets slowed from the energy rush?

nice idea

PX_Timefordeath

December 10, 2008, 12:12:43 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Thanks Voldemort

Survive the Odds!!!!

Mandalia Planes South

Units:
Gafgarion(no weapon)
Rad
Ramza

Allied(Always Present):
X3 Gamblers
(Randomly Present)
X1 Chocobo

Enemy Units(Always Present):
X5 Gamblers
(Randomly Present)
X3 Gamblers
X4 Chocoboes
X1 Female Gambler w/ Gambler's Spirit[Accessory that has... Always:Slow, Poison, Add: Haste, Confusion, PA+5, MA+5, Speed +1/2]

War Trophy:
Chocobo Feather[1 for each chocobo that shows up]
OR Tarot Cards
OR a sword
OR Something really random
OR Gambler's Spirit if female shows up