• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:00 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New and Completely Lost

Started by Nature777, December 11, 2013, 05:33:42 pm

Nature777

Hello everyone! I spent about 6 hours today trying to figure out how to edit a save on FFT. I'm essentially computer illiterate and my attempts at figuring this out on my own have failed miserably. Reading the tutorials haven't helped me, trial and error resulted in error, and I'm about ready to give up. If anyone can offer me any advice on how to go forward, I'd be ecstatic. 

At first, I tried using Lion Editor on my FFT save from my iPhone. Eventually, I realized it wasn't working because Lion Editor is for PSP saves. I don't have a PSP, but I do have a Vita. I tried to upload my FFT save from my Vita to my computer to edit it, but I wasn't able to get it onto either my PC or my Mac. I have FFT saves on my PS3, Vita, and iPhone. I have a solid copy of the disc, a PS1, and a memory card, so I can use that if there's a way to get the data off my memory card.

I've been playing FFT for years, literally since it was released. I want to start a save where I have Cloud on my team from the beginning. I'd also like to try some of these modded versions of the game, they look awesome. (I mean seriously, having Link and Dante on my team would be amazing!)

I would prefer if I could do this on my iPhone, but if theres a way to make this work on the Vita or PS3, that's just fine. Thanks!!

Nature777

Also, I searched through the message boards and haven't found anything that I could understand well enough to use.

Pride

There are no save editors I know of for either one of those. Unless I can be proven wrong.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Nature777

That would explain my abject failure today haha, thanks.

What do I need to buy to be able to use the save editor and to play a the Journey of the Five?

Pride

Nothing to buy. You'd need a PS emulator, usually psx or epsxe, a rom of Final Fantasy Tactics (which we can't link you too...), the Journey of the Five patch, FFTastic (save editor), PPF-O-MATIC (to apply the patch).

Google is your friend as well as: http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Nature777

You, sir, are amazing. Thank you kindly!

Nature777

I got the ROM and Emulator working. I tried running PPF-O-MATIC and my computer crashed. I'm using it on my Mac, but I can switch to my PC if necessary. Any advice before I spend another few hours fumbling around trying to get this going? Thanks!

Nature777

I got it to work! Thanks again!!