• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:56:13 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

How do I edit the World Map Instructions?

Started by advfox, October 25, 2014, 12:36:31 am

advfox

Hi, everyone.

Recently, I've been working on a patch to play and enjoy for myself. I am now at the stage where I would like to add new events via the World Map Instructions spreadsheet, assuming that's even possible.

I would just like information on how exactly I should go about doing this. What would I need to change or add to the spreadsheet? I'm not exactly an expert, but I'm far from clueless in most situations.

Thank you for taking out the time to read my question.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

These are all the world map instruction the game uses: http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/World_Map_Instructions

I apologize for the format, because it is meant for the newer spreadsheet, which hasn't been completed and which I haven't touched in 2 months.
Just reverse all the bytes and remove the spaces to use the old format, example:
[indent=2]new format: AABB CCDD EEFF GGHH
old format: BBAADDCCFFEEHHGG[/indent]

You also can't just add something to the spreadsheet; you'll break the byte limit. You're going to have to remove something first... Basically you have to go through the conditions of other events and see what seems unnecessary; i.e. things that you can safely remove while making sure the player can't break the game.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

advfox

Alright, after looking over and comparing everything for a long while, it all makes sense to me now.

Thank you for your help.