• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:26:49 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

PS Vita/Lioneditor/Help

Started by greaterfiend, October 11, 2014, 04:06:36 am

greaterfiend

I currently do not have a PSP, or have access to one.  I have a PSVita and I have downloaded Lioneditor.  I read on another site that it is possible to use Lioneditor with the PSVita, but I can't figure out how.  I have looked around the forums so I apologize if there is anything related recently, everything I found was useless and over 2 years old.  I don't understand 99% of the terms I have seen, so I would need a tutorial that is intended for like 5 year olds or something.  If it's possible for anyone to make a save and tell me how to put it on my Vita that should work too, but I would rather try it out myself, but I can't get Lioneditor to work.

Angel

As far as I know, it is not possible to use Lioneditor with a Vita, because Lioneditor requires a modded PSP running a background process that prevents the save from being encrypted. The only way I can think of would be convoluted, using PPSSPP to decrypt and re-encrypt save data, but I know nothing about Vita's save data management to say whether or not it would work.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

greaterfiend

Would you happen to know if I can use an edited save on the Vita?  I have seen some people say you can, but I don't know how, or who to ask to help with that.

Angel

I really have no idea, since I don't have a Vita or access to one. If it uses the exact same structure as PSP, with the exact same encryption (should, since it's per-game), then yes. If the structure is different in any way, then no.

What you can try:
copy your save directory to PPSSPP/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA
change the line in ppsspp.ini that reads 'EncryptSave = True' to 'EncryptSave = False'
load up the game (you'll need to acquire the ISO or CSO on your own, and it must match your region)
load the save, then save your game again
edit the new save in LionEditor
change 'EncryptSave' back to 'True'
load up the game, load the save, and save over again
copy save folder back to Vita

If that works, then there's your solution. If it doesn't work, then I am completely out of ideas. And I'm not certain this will even work at all with the PSN version, since I have no idea how to load PSN games on PPSSPP.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

greaterfiend

Can I get the emulator on a computer?  I just downloaded it on my phone, but I don't know if I can use that as I don't know if the data is read when you connect it to a computer.

Angel

Yes... it's primarily for PC... my steps even greatly suggest so...

Also, I left out an important step where you need to rename the save file. Here is the full set of instructions.

greaterfiend

Nevermind I found out how to do it through the psp emulator.

greaterfiend

Could you send me an untouched ppsspp.ini?  I think I may have accidentally edited something I wasn't supposed to, cause now my edited save won't work on my vita, when it did just fine a few hours ago.

Angel

The ini format changes frequently, so you're better off just extracting the archive you downloaded again.

greaterfiend

When using Lioneditor, if you have more than one save on the file, does it still work?

Angel

There is only one save per file, unless Vita changed something.

greaterfiend

What I meant is say you're in Orbonne Monastery on a multi battle sequence, and you save on a different file so you can start over if you can't make it out.

Angel

There is only one save per file. Creating a new save creates a new file. Total of fifteen files possible.

greaterfiend

I have 2 saves but when I look at content manager it only shows one file.  That's what I'm asking about.