• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:27:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Mercenaries patch help!

Started by Lionheart, July 20, 2010, 04:44:08 am

Lionheart

Hello All, im new here and am trying to get Mercenaries to run but i can't get it to run. I started a new game just after the beginning (2n battle where you control Ramza and have Delite as a guest). I extended the iso (which i applied it to the FFT iso) then i applied it to the Mercenaries, everytime i go to the 1st battle of the game (not the one with agrias and gafgarion) the game screen goes black, but the music still plays. can please help or tell what iam doing wrong? or is there a tutorial on how to? thanks  :)

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Lionheart"Hello All, im new here and am trying to get Mercenaries to run but i can't get it to run. I started a new game just after the beginning (2n battle where you control Ramza and have Delite as a guest). I extended the iso (which i applied it to the FFT iso) then i applied it to the Mercenaries, everytime i go to the 1st battle of the game (not the one with agrias and gafgarion) the game screen goes black, but the music still plays. can please help or tell what iam doing wrong? or is there a tutorial on how to? thanks  :)

That is definitely a strange error... I've never heard of such a thing. My only thought is to start fresh, use a backup of the ISO, extract it, First Extend It, Than Patch it with the Mercenaries Demo.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Lionheart

Thanks LastingDawn Im looking forward to you're patch when is finished. So I extended the iso (which becomes 800mb something), then i patch it with the Mercenaries patch? Btw am using PPF-O-Matic30 to extend the iso and patch the Mercenaries patch not sure if am doing something wrong. Thanks again.

LastingDawn

You are extending it with the Shishi Sprite Editor, right?

Art of War

Lionheart

nope I didn't know thats what you were suppose to use  :?

LastingDawn

You say "Yes" And That's how you extend the ISO, hehe.

Art of War

Lionheart

ok thanks LD, now I patch the mercenaries patch using PPF-O-Matic30 right?

Edit: yeah after i extended it and patch it with PPF-O-Matic30 the game started to skip and it crashed  :(
I know am doing something wrong.

LastingDawn

Alright, all you've done is extend it with Shishi Sprite Editor, right?

Art of War

Lionheart

Yep i extended it with shishi sprite editor and then idk what to use to patch if right after (im using PPF-O-Matic30 to patch the mercenaries patch right after when i extended). 528,629kb thats the original size of my FFT iso after i extended it with it becomes 539,738kb after i patch the game i notice the iso file doesn't get bigger for some reason.

LastingDawn

The patch isn't supposed to change the size of the ISO. I suggest you scrap that copy, and get another one, the ISO itself might somehow be bad.

Art of War

Lionheart

Well thats weird when I patched the FFT ISO with the 1.3 patch it worked, idk I must be doing something wrong with the Mercenaries patch. ok what program do I use to patch the Mercenaries patch? I think im skipping a step, anyway possible you can tell me a quick rundown from the beginning to the end? thanks

Lionheart

Ok I know am doing everything right, except patching the iso with the mercenaries patch. can you tell what program i use to patch it with? So is like this First Iso >> then extended with Shishi Sprite Editor >>>then patch it with the mercenaries patch but with what?

LastingDawn

Hmm... I'm not really sure what the problem could be.

Art of War

Fayt15xd

is this problem updated?? im having the some problem.. xD

Soul

Hello people! I'm new here and wish someone could help me, early on there already appears Orbony Monastery starts playing the music and suddenly to, and then Ramza appears in a dark room and soon a Priest "Squolar" there will already for a battle, only when it comes to the time of the attack Ramza the fight ends, and then appears the world map, but there is nowhere to go. It may be something wrong that I'm downloading?

Thank you.
:mrgreen:

Eternal

The Mercenaries patch is known to have quite a few bugs since it wasn't completed, and probably won't be for a while. Sorry. :(
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Soul

Okay, thank you that I was looking for a new patch to play, i started looking and found some modified characters like Sephiroth, Tifa, etc ... and would like to know if you have algun patch, which has some of the characters or the story so different, it could show me some?

Thank you.
:(

Eternal

Check this topic out: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7936.0

Chapter I is 95% done, and quickly on its way to being released.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Soul

The work is getting really good, I'll wait.
:D