• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:49:47 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

Stormlag

This might've been an oversight but I never learned the Black Mage skill "Thundara" in the game for NuMou and Moogle races. This might be due to the Rod item "Thunder Rod" gives you the skill Thunder instead.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on February 02, 2018, 07:08:37 am
This might've been an oversight but I never learned the Black Mage skill "Thundara" in the game for NuMou and Moogle races. This might be due to the Rod item "Thunder Rod" gives you the skill Thunder instead.

This is fixed in the updated version of the mod, and also an update for the mod:

The following features have been implemented into the mod that will be in the next release:

• Bug Fixes addressing a few of the Tactician's abilities which will come in as reworked abilities so they won't do game breaking stuff.

• A fix for an amount of job specific abilities crashing the game when trying to use weapons not intended for that ability.

• The Bushi job class for Humes has been implemented along with abilities, ability text, job description, job requirements,
    weapon use, and unlock requirements.

• Most Jobs that have a huge impact that make other jobs obsolete to use have been made with limitations to their ability sets to ensure the player isn't making obvious choices to use the same formations for every play-through giving all the jobs a chance to be used, this includes abilities requiring a certain weapon type to use them(as long as the job you're using uses the required weapon type you can use those ability sets just fine), Making jobs being Physical or Magickal to stay within those sets unless otherwise.

• Chocobo Knights has had their ability set mastered when using any Chocobo and can only use Spears, so your Chocobo that you capture can be of personal color preference instead of ability set.

• Ranger has had Mirror Items replaced with a different skill for their ability set in preparation for the new Gria job class.

• All job classes for all races have been unlocked for the player's use with a few still locked; however, you still need to do the job prerequisites to use the job.

• Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

Stormlag

I finished all 300 quests already and the Final Quest and the 3 Brightmoon towers. I recommend nerfing a bit skills such as Heritor's "Elpe", Summoner's "Phoenix" and Duelists (Parivir) "Unburdened Soul"(might've been changed already) .... And Lastly the Illusionist Skills are really OP overall I think it should be removed in Humes and NuMou class.

I'm excited to play the next mod! In the mean time I'm trying out Eternal's Mod and liking its Mp system.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on February 05, 2018, 07:27:40 am
I finished all 300 quests already and the Final Quest and the 3 Brightmoon towers. I recommend nerfing a bit skills such as Heritor's "Elpe", Summoner's "Phoenix" and Duelists (Parivir) "Unburdened Soul"(might've been changed already) .... And Lastly the Illusionist Skills are really OP overall I think it should be removed in Humes and NuMou class.

I'm excited to play the next mod! In the mean time I'm trying out Eternal's Mod and liking its Mp system.

I might look into nerfing/changing Heritor's "Elpe", Summoner's "Phoenix", and Duelist's "Unburdened Soul" to something different, the Illusionist job isn't being removed; however, i have made their ability set requiring the weapon needed to use their abilities (So in turn you can't use their abilities as a Seer to abuse Magick Frenzy at all because of the weapon changes for Seer as well), redid their stat growth, and redid all the jobs weapon choices since a lot of them have been breaking/freezing the game when being used with the wrong race (heh...), i thought about using the modded MP System as well, but i didn't really like it.

Also the next mod update will have everything i've been working on along with the new Gria Job class, as well with the new job setup for all jobs being unlocked from the beginning similar to Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance only needing the prerequisites for them.

Stormlag

I noted those 3 skills because of mass Revive of Elpe and Phoenix or in Unburdened Soul's case Mass Heal. Made the game really easy especially the Towers and Tournaments, Its like using a Eureka Crystal(at least items are limited) with MP but with resurrection.

In the Illusionist's case... even without Magick Frenzy or Recharge, If I only level a Hume or NuMou with the Black Mage Job they will have ridiculous Magick stat then wait 3 turns to attack rinse and repeat. This is definitely needed if you want to beat some of the enemies that use the same tactics albeit faster (ex. Tower Monsters with Gold Hourglass, Otherworldly wind and Veil of Darkness). This also connects to the 3 skills above which is needed to survive this onslaught.

I say nerf them but have to admit that I abused them to survive the last tower and the final quest.

I'm curious in the Gria class you have in mind. Keep it up!

Zeke_Aileron

February 14, 2018, 02:34:38 pm #85 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:15:30 pm by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: Stormlag on February 05, 2018, 11:16:08 pm
I noted those 3 skills because of mass Revive of Elpe and Phoenix or in Unburdened Soul's case Mass Heal. Made the game really easy especially the Towers and Tournaments, Its like using a Eureka Crystal(at least items are limited) with MP but with resurrection.

In the Illusionist's case... even without Magick Frenzy or Recharge, If I only level a Hume or NuMou with the Black Mage Job they will have ridiculous Magick stat then wait 3 turns to attack rinse and repeat. This is definitely needed if you want to beat some of the enemies that use the same tactics albeit faster (ex. Tower Monsters with Gold Hourglass, Otherworldly wind and Veil of Darkness). This also connects to the 3 skills above which is needed to survive this onslaught.

I say nerf them but have to admit that I abused them to survive the last tower and the final quest.

I'm curious in the Gria class you have in mind. Keep it up!

I did nerf the 3 abilities that was listed, and it's intended to continue as a specific class type to get the best stats possible for a job combination aka Black Mage for the Magick stat up into Illusionist, plus i plan on nerfing some of the abilities that the tower monsters use since the 3 abilities are different.

I also changed the way Luso's "Dual Wield" does, he doesn't have a given Passive ability anymore; However, he starts with a unique item listed under "Gift?" (which takes place of a one handed non-elemental Saber weapon) which only "Luso" can equip, but what's unique about it is that when you only have one weapon equipped along with his unique accessory he'll automatically have an innate "Dual Wield" attack, and if you do have 2 weapons equipped along with his unique accessory it'll only dual wield the main 2 weapons and not include his item. (But Dual Wield is removed completely from Luso and anyone else that had it in the player's use in the newer version of the mod build.)

Now about Luso's unique item attributes:

• It's counted as a "Saber" weapon.

• The attack animation is a smoke dust in-front of him.

• it has the unique ability to raise it's attack stat by doing "opportunity commands" when given the option to do so.

• Luso can only use his unique item if he's using his custom class.

• Luso is able to Dual Wield attack without needing the actual passive ability.

• So Luso technically has the max amount of abilities to use listed as 2 Action abilities, 1 Item command ability, 1 Reaction ability, 1 Passive ability, and 1 innate Dual Wield Passive Ability.

• Luso starts off with his unique item from the beginning of the game.

• You won't find another one throughout the game if you somehow lose it.

Also the Gria job is going to keep some of it's Geomancer abilities, but does have a few different ones along with the Mirror items ability stuff, Bushi and Duelist both require 3 Fighter abilities mastered to use.

Stormlag

Oh my! that's really great! If this is not the final update, If you can create 3 or 5 Gift Skill Item like this found in the game with different types of effects... OOOhh that would be so awesome.(like stealing from enemies like Illua first battle or hiding it in game)

I'm really pumped up to play the update!

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on February 15, 2018, 08:22:50 pm
Oh my! that's really great! If this is not the final update, If you can create 3 or 5 Gift Skill Item like this found in the game with different types of effects... OOOhh that would be so awesome.(like stealing from enemies like Illua first battle or hiding it in game)

I'm really pumped up to play the update!

it's not the final update; However, The update after the Gria Job update is going to be the Battle Formations update which will include enemies that didn't have boots and or accessories will happen to balance out these fights along with enemies having some armor/abilities changes if necessary.

Chances for me making more Gift items is unlikely since i plan on making most story boss fight enemies to have Safeguard equipped, and the gift item is only unique as a single item. (i wanted to change the item's image into a Book image, but i'm not able to do that.)

Stormlag

Oh I remembered that its counted as a Saber weapon... Have you tried it with Monkey Grip Passive skill? might cause problems carrying 2 greatswords if he has inner Dual wield and Monkey Grip.... not likely but maybe

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on February 16, 2018, 02:03:05 am
Oh I remembered that its counted as a Saber weapon... Have you tried it with Monkey Grip Passive skill? might cause problems carrying 2 greatswords if he has inner Dual wield and Monkey Grip.... not likely but maybe

Sorry for the late reply, Luso can't equip 2 Greatswords, and the accessory works as intended on Luso for example:
If you did in fact was able to equip 2 Greatswords(unlikely though) he'll still do the Dual Wield attack with the greatswords minus his unique item.

Also the trait "it has the unique ability to raise it's attack stat by doing "opportunity commands" when given the option to do so." is still a bit wonky since it's technically a weapon type "Saber" but listed under as an "Accessory". so yeah heh...

The Gria job is still going as intended but i need a bit more work on some creativity for their "mirror items" abilities since you can't edit the texts any longer than it's vanilla set, that and i've been busy with irl issues again along with trying to bug test the mod in my free time to make sure it's much better on release than my previous mod version release, at this point i think i've learned alot from doing this mod project for FFTA2 which i'm pretty happy about.

Once i finish up with the Gria Job/Completed Luso job update and then the following Battle Formations update, this mod should be done until i decide to come back and fix up on some broken stuff that might be stupidly left behind by me :lol:

Stormlag

I'm ready for this just finished irl stuff!!!

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on May 07, 2018, 12:00:13 am
I'm ready for this just finished irl stuff!!!

Same as well, With the appearance of a text editor from "DeSgeretjin" i'll be able to redo a lot of the class abilities descriptions and items, However since i had to redo everything from scratch i have to re implement the ability animations, Job stat growths, item stats, abilities on weapons for units to learn, redo Luso's Custom Job, and refix some enemy formations.

However the good news is that it shouldn't take long since i'm pretty used to the hex editing stuff, i have all my notes and descriptions saved on my desktop for easy access to look through quickly, and the Gria's new Job is actually pretty good since i replaced one of the Nu Mou's job to be a "Rod Enchanter", i also cleaned up the ability descriptions for "Cannon Mage" to be defined much clearer in what their abilities do, and yes the New Gria Job has their abilities scale off the MAGICK stat and requires a lot of items in your inventory.  :D

I've also made it clear that the Gria's new job requires certain items to be usable in their new ability, and i've also added in small descriptions for all abilities that grant a "25% chance to QUICKEN the user" for certain abilities and or items used, i'm also trying to make some descriptions make sense and job descriptions cleaner for the player's eyes.

Phoenix Down, Raise, Arise, Revive, Elpe, Unburden Soul, Mirror Down, Phoenix have all been altered.

When i'm able to get a full changelog of the new stuff i've added into Clan's Journey, i'll add them into the Main Post since i'm still looking through what text descriptions i want to change before getting into hex editing again.

And yes i've been dead trying to work on the mod still lol, also i'm about to be working soon irl, so work on the mod is going to be pretty slow when it happens, but the mod will eventually be completed since i still want to work on the enemy formations, and the Hidden Tower.

Stormlag

I see... irl I am looking for a job too... but I'm looking forward to play the mod again

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on May 08, 2018, 03:37:32 am
I see... irl I am looking for a job too... but I'm looking forward to play the mod again

Nice, and thanks.

I'm still in the process of updating the main post with the new text stuff cause i did some small changes to the jobs within races that i didn't previously had posted there, still WIP, but i'll post them up soon.

DeSgeretjin

Instead of redoing everything from scratch, wouldn't it be easier to just copy and paste the text data blocks?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 09, 2018, 08:23:12 am
Instead of redoing everything from scratch, wouldn't it be easier to just copy and paste the text data blocks?

Yeah, but the text changes i did to the text descriptions with your editor that i didn't edit before and the editor has a text limit cap for each section.

It's fine since i like going into hex editing stuff still. :D

DeSgeretjin

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on May 09, 2018, 01:33:27 pm
Yeah, but the text changes i did to the text descriptions with your editor that i didn't edit before and the editor has a text limit cap for each section.

It's fine since i like going into hex editing stuff still. :D

I mean once you've finished editing the text on a fresh rom, you could pull the edited data from that with your hex editor and copy that into your rom.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 10, 2018, 06:18:45 am
I mean once you've finished editing the text on a fresh rom, you could pull the edited data from that with your hex editor and copy that into your rom.

Copying and pasting through hex is one thing i can't do or never really bothered doing so... heh.., plus with a fresh rom i'm able to redo a lot of hex stuff without the errors i had in my previous mod.

R000ster

Can't wait, looking forward to starting a new play through!

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on May 10, 2018, 11:34:54 am
Can't wait, looking forward to starting a new play through!

Shouldn't have to wait too long since progress on the mod is back on track, just slowly updating the main post with all the new stuff for everything since a lot has changed from the last downloadable version, and once the main post's Mod information is completed, i'll post the Job growth chart for the jobs as well, and lastly the updated version of the mod.