• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

Eternal

If you made a formation editor, we would love you forever I think, haha. Definitely need one to really continue working on my own FFTA2 mod.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

lepiton

December 08, 2017, 08:12:36 pm #61 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:28:58 am by lepiton
Ok I think I understand how the enemy formation data works based on the Lennart's charts. I'm gonna take a look at his ability editor because it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to adapt one of the current tools into what I'm trying to do. I probably need to write up a quick algorithm to figure out what abilities and equipment its legal(as in unlikely to crash the game or need new animations) for each enemy unit to have and then I'll organize everything by the specific battle.

Getting tired of scrolling through this excel sheet so I'm writing some SQL queries to find the information I need. Since I'm really rusty on SQL this may take a bit.

Update:Okay as a test run to make sure I know what I'm doing before trying to create a new java application I'm going to try and update lennart's job editor so that job requirements/and names can be changed in it.(figure this would save time when trying to replace/edit jobs) Problem is I can't find the data about job requirements you mentioned in the spreadsheet. Some help would be appreciated.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Stormlag

Its good that the game is really getting attention... I like this game better than FFTA because of the graphics. Thats it mostly... I'd gladly check out if there's bugs on the beta versions... i'm getting giddy...

Zeke_Aileron

Sorry about not being here for that past few weeks, it has been hectic for me with irl stuff, but anyways an Enemy Formation Editor would be really nice actually since doing hex edits for the enemy formations is very tedious and slow.

Anyways for more up to date news assuming ya'll are here for that :) (I will be updating the main Post as well for this along with some stuff i've been meaning to add into the mod):
[list=Upcoming Changes]
  • I will be changing the Tactician Job into being an actual exclusive job for Luso so Humes that are not Luso can't accidentally unlock the job class, which in this case i can possibly bring back Illusionists and Blue Mages as regular Job classes for the Humes and will most likely redo the changes to the Hume Black Mages Skill set, Action Abilities, Weapon Ability points; however, i won't re-change enemy formations back to what they were previously in vanilla though.

• More changes with battle formations to give enemies boots and other equipment to balance out some fights, and make some fights needing a bit more in depth strategy in how to handle them instead of just going with the same formations as always.

• Bug Fixes addressing a few of the Tactician's abilities which will come in as reworked abilities so they won't do game breaking stuff.

• Most items(Not mirrored items) will have a 25% to give the unit using the item QUICKEN, it would have been 100% and or 50%, but i'm still unable to remove the mentioned clan privileges from the game, and this way the QUICKEN status can't be abused.

• Phoenix Down and Raise seemed pointless since the turn system used changed completely cause of base speed being default close to max for all races leaving whoever you revived back getting killed the following turn without getting a turn to heal, so now they give the revived unit a Max HP recovery with no MP recovery to be useful for the item usage(No MP recovered was changed to "Previous MP state" so they get MP equal to what they had when they got KO'ed).

• Some abilities got a +25% QUICKEN chance, these won't show in their text descriptions, or show up when said ability is used. I wanted to have a small feel of XCOM into the mod in a way of "Free Action Abilities" since XCOM is somewhat of a punishing game if you do the wrong move at the wrong time, i did experiment with giving said abilities 100% QUICKEN chance; however, the A.I has abused it to the point where the player would never get one of their unit's turns to go, so i toned it down to this and the A.I doesn't abuse it.

• I plan on changing the Seeq's Ranger Job class/skill set to something they could use in their Arsenal since the Seeq's are primarily a Physical race in the mod.

• The Gria's Geomancer Job Class will be changed completely:

I haven't decided on the name for it yet, but their new job class will function the Mirror items ability which will be completely different in the way it works along with a new set of magickal abilities making them an Alchemist/Witch kind of Job Class.

• I was finally able to unlock Job classes from being locked behind their corresponding missions, this way you can have a bit more freedom for some of your early game units you start with, those missions will still be in the mod as their intended mission setup.

These Units with Custom/Special Jobs will possibly have access to previously removed Passive and Reaction abilities making them a bit more viable in your Clan's choice of usable units, and the ones that don't have a unique job will have 1-2 mastered abilities from the removed list.

• Luso - Tactician - Dual Wield

• Adelle - Heritor - Dual Wield

• Cid - Warrior/White Monk - Immunity

• Hurdy - Bard - Evade Magick

• Vaan - Sky Pirate - Reflex

• Penelo - Dancer - Reflex

• Frimelda - Paladin/Duelist - Strike Back

• Montblanc - Black Mage - Blood Price

Al-cid is not included in the list for reasons.

And for some stuff i'm still asking for:

• Finding a way to completely remove the Speed clan bonuses.(Don't know how)

• Finding a way to completely remove MP Channeling and any other MP clan bonuses, so the player can't cheese through most fights.(Don't know how)

So if you know how to do any of these changes that i do not know how to do, please PM me.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

Stormlag

- I like the Blue Mage but I'm not fan of learning some of its tedious mostly not useful techs. I don't really mind not having the job (maybe me becoming lazy because of wanting 100% techs on characters. Personal preference please ignore hahaha).
- Seeq's Mirror X-Potion should be removed or be nerfed a bit for reasons that it becomes more powerful than other skills in the game.
- I like changing the Geomancer's skills cause they are pretty much useless(my play through)
- I guess you should remove the Illusionist job from the Humes simply because of the Seer/Illusionist combo (Recharge or Mp Channeling/Illusionist Skill) and yes I admit on using it... :( Probably while we can't remove MP channeling yet.
- Frimelda should Dual Wield (Blademaster) I think and Vaan with Strike back... Don't actually know what to give Adelle though thinking Reflex("Instinct") just suggestions. :)

I like the plans you have! This is great man. Yeah just do it at your pace we'll still be here!!!

Zeke_Aileron

December 15, 2017, 03:01:01 am #65 Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:40:36 am by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: Stormlag on December 15, 2017, 01:02:52 am
- I like the Blue Mage but I'm not fan of learning some of its tedious mostly not useful techs. I don't really mind not having the job (maybe me becoming lazy because of wanting 100% techs on characters. Personal preference please ignore hahaha).
- Seeq's Mirror X-Potion should be removed or be nerfed a bit for reasons that it becomes more powerful than other skills in the game.
- I like changing the Geomancer's skills cause they are pretty much useless(my play through)
- I guess you should remove the Illusionist job from the Humes simply because of the Seer/Illusionist combo (Recharge or Mp Channeling/Illusionist Skill) and yes I admit on using it... :( Probably while we can't remove MP channeling yet.
- Frimelda should Dual Wield (Blademaster) I think and Vaan with Strike back... Don't actually know what to give Adelle though thinking Reflex("Instinct") just suggestions. :)

I like the plans you have! This is great man. Yeah just do it at your pace we'll still be here!!!

Everything within Mirror items is getting changed into unique abilities requiring the said items still for the Gria's new job class which will "Mirror Items"(new name is not revealed yet) and 7 unique action abilities.

I already implemented the unique units abilities in the current build i'm working on to see if it's good.

I might make the Illusionist's action abilities requiring a "Rod" weapon equipped to use them to cancel out the cheesiness of that Hume combo skill set, so certain ability combos won't work.(Most likely will)
Like for instance, you can equip the entire "Hunter" skill set and use all the abilities in it as any Job, but you can't use "Ultima Shot" without a Ranged weapon equipped, and in this case ranged weapons tend to be weaker than melee weapons in this mod to fluctuate weapon use in formations, same for classes that use abilities with "Shot" in it's names.

Blue Mage is no longer a job in this mod, something else takes it's place in the current build, i updated the main OP with a bit more information on that, and i also want to make every ability viable in the right situation.

The pace i'm working on for the mod is pretty steady since some stuff i had to actually learn like job assigning, like if i wanted too i can make the Nu Mou's Keeper Job class available to the player:

Chances of me adding the job class for the Player's use, maybe since it actually has a Prerequisite quest to unlock it but never was included in the Nu Mou's job roster in the final release, you were technically supposed to unlock this Job class once you've beaten the Keeper himself within the tower.
, i'm also able to freely edit a job classes prerequisites which can be a minimal of 1 to a max of 3 jobs needing 1-8 abilities mastered, i also learned how to completely remove a Job's prerequisite so you don't have to go through the game's story to do the mission to unlock said Job. which i learned do this from this post: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11815.0 thanks to the person who wrote it.

Stormlag

I'm simply in awe. I don't really use Ultima Shot too often to mind and at times I find it too weak or too mp expensive to use. The Rod requirement is definitely a good way around the Illusionist combo. I think Julian is the guy who posted about the job mod. I'm getting excited already... I even got a friend to play this and has positive views about this mod.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on December 15, 2017, 05:38:05 am
I'm simply in awe. I don't really use Ultima Shot too often to mind and at times I find it too weak or too mp expensive to use. The Rod requirement is definitely a good way around the Illusionist combo. I think Julian is the guy who posted about the job mod. I'm getting excited already... I even got a friend to play this and has positive views about this mod.

Ah that's very nice, if your friend has anything interesting to say i'm open to listen for some new ideas  :) , Oh yeah the rod requirement is definitely going to be in the mod since i still lack the ability to remove Clan Privileges, i have to do a lot of ability reworking for Luso's Unique Job, the Gria's New Job, the Seeq's new Job which is replacing Ranger into another Physical related Job for them or just remove the Mirror Items ability and make a new ability for them and keep Ranger as is, changes to make Agent as a new normal Job for Humes(will have Parivir's sprites, so essentially Fusiliers, but for Humes.)

I have Agent's and Tactician's stats settled in, i'll most likely release the next patch update when the new Gria Job is implemented completely along with the newer version of the Luso update altogether, which is going to be great.

Stormlag

Not really an issue (because it might not be possible) but its more fitting for the Agent class to have the Blue mage sprite and the Parivir sprite be the Duelist. Parivir has the wandering Samurai look (Ghi) and Blue Mage looks like a Noble that uses guns. (sorry for this geeky suggestion)

Also, I don't really use often Speed Clan Bonuses but I think removing it would make the "Master Hands" Clan Trial really hard (haven't beaten it without at least Speed ^3 (and super luck from Hestia) in all my playthroughs, I don't know if its possible later on)

I'm excited on your take on the Bangaa classes and I didn't know about that Keeper No mou class being scrapped from player use at all... KEWWLL

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on December 15, 2017, 10:17:44 pm
Not really an issue (because it might not be possible) but its more fitting for the Agent class to have the Blue mage sprite and the Parivir sprite be the Duelist. Parivir has the wandering Samurai look (Ghi) and Blue Mage looks like a Noble that uses guns. (sorry for this geeky suggestion)

Nah any suggestion is great and you know what that suggestion gave me to go do, i updated the main OP with this as well, so check it out.

i decided to drop the Agent and Blue Mage in favor of bringing back the Samurai job class, this Job class relies on using Edged Weapons to use their skills.

Requires 5 FIGHTER mastered action abilities.

These warriors are known for their strong sword
skills which they believed held their soul.

The Bushi are warriors that follow the bushido.

Bladed Arcana - Action Ability skill set

Ashura
Releases the spirit in the user's edged weapon to
slash at the target.

Murasame
A technique that releases the spirit in the user's
edged weapon that deals low magick damage, CONFUSE
and DOOM.

Kiri
The User focuses their spirit.
Grants QUICKEN, ATTACK^, and MAGICK^ to user.

Osafune
Releases the spirit in the user's edged weapon
that damages the target's MP.

Shirahadori
Increases the user's awareness on the battlefield
Grants EVADE^ to user and reveals all invisible units.

Nosada
A Spirit attack that does Fire
Damage and CONFUSE to target.

Kiyomori
A technique that uses the spirit of an edged weapon.
Grants PROTECT and SHELL to the user.

Ame-no-Murakumo
A spirit attack that releases a mist
to damage all targets and inflict SLOW.

All of this Job's class abilities require the use of an Edged/Bladed weapon equipped to be usable as a secondary skill set, but this Job's main weapon is Katana's.

I like the Blue Mage's sprite for the Duelist job class, and i completely agree that the Parivir's sprite doesn't fit well for Agent even though i did read on a few wiki's for Samurai's that they did use guns back then which was new for me; however, i did the changes in that spoiler which will be the new job class replacing the Agent job class leaving the Archer and Hunter job classes as the only ranged jobs for Humes, but i will be adding Guns as a use to Rogues since both Humes and Moogles can use them.

Oh and Duelist will most likely have the same job requirements as Bushi since they seem to be equal in terms of stats besides abilities, so hopefully you like this. :)

Stormlag

Yes I want the Humes to be able to use guns for so long (was hoping for it to be Luso (with Tactician class not swords but might have sprite problems with that?) or the Hunter makes more sense too ( but might have problems with the Gria class so meh)

Rogues using guns is good too... makes Rogue AI enemies might pose some good battles in the future if ever this was implemented in enemy use...

But this might prove the Fusilier class really obsolete not that it was ever really used though...

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on December 20, 2017, 08:08:22 am
Yes I want the Humes to be able to use guns for so long (was hoping for it to be Luso (with Tactician class not swords but might have sprite problems with that?) or the Hunter makes more sense too ( but might have problems with the Gria class so meh)

Tactician is a Sword/Book class which is based from Fire Emblem Awakening, and Gria's can't use guns because of no animations for it.

Stormlag

:D I'm a Fire Emblem fan too so I got that reference (some Luso's Tactician Spells hahah) never played beyond Nintendo DS and Gameboy advance though

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on December 20, 2017, 10:38:37 am
:D I'm a Fire Emblem fan too so I got that reference (some Luso's Tactician Spells hahah) never played beyond Nintendo DS and Gameboy advance though

Ah ok, but yeah i loved Robin's design and class in Awakening, and if editing the actual sprites was a thing, i would edit Luso's unique sprite to look similar as Robin but keeping Luso's signature cap in a different color.

Stormlag

The Speed ^3 is badly needed in the Clan Trial "Master hands" and also needs a whole lot of Luck cause the Pots appear randomly.
Can the Luso sprite use Lennart(Heritor) or Scathe(Sage) ability? I'm gonna try it in the ability editor

Lost my save file and now replaying the game entirely (Didn't get to complete all Tactician spells so I didn't get to test out the last few abilities T_T

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on January 06, 2018, 10:40:07 pm
The Speed ^3 is badly needed in the Clan Trial "Master hands" and also needs a whole lot of Luck cause the Pots appear randomly.
Can the Luso sprite use Lennart(Heritor) or Scathe(Sage) ability? I'm gonna try it in the ability editor

Lost my save file and now replaying the game entirely (Didn't get to complete all Tactician spells so I didn't get to test out the last few abilities T_T

The clan privileges for speed^ might stay since i'd have to change every clan trial into something else which requires alot of editing the hexes and it's pretty slow since i don't have anything interesting to change them with, and or want too.

Any unit/job can use any kind of ability animation as long as the unit's animations are still tailored towards their race and is in the base game, so for example you can make a "Magick Frenzy" ability for the Gria's or a "Dual Wield" ability for the Bangaa's, but since the Gria's and Bangaa's didn't have any proper animations for these it might crash the game similar to how "Al Cid" crashes the game if he's using any weapon that's not the gun.

Stormlag

So that means Scathe is out of question... Hmmn... Luso can't access Heritor Class but I did see Lennart which is a Hunter Sprite use it... but he may be different. so I'mma check it out

So maybe the Illusionist job should really be out of the Humes class I guess and keep them in Nu mou class... that maybe gives me incentive to use Nu mou.

Also Al Cid sucks...

Thanks man! Can't wait!

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on January 08, 2018, 10:13:18 am
So that means Scathe is out of question... Hmmn... Luso can't access Heritor Class but I did see Lennart which is a Hunter Sprite use it... but he may be different. so I'mma check it out

So maybe the Illusionist job should really be out of the Humes class I guess and keep them in Nu mou class... that maybe gives me incentive to use Nu mou.

Also Al Cid sucks...

Thanks man! Can't wait!

Not per-say, Scathe is just an ability animation, it can easily be replicated into a normal job ability with proper hex editing cause Adelle is a Hume same with Luso so they already have proper race animations in the base game to not make anything crash.

i'm pretty sure Al Cid is non existent in my mod.

Stormlag

Thinking that it could be great as an Ultima kind of technique exclusive for Luso... Since Ultima Shot requires Greatbow use maybe it can be applied to Luso but only when he uses books

Stormlag

Me again... I found a bug when using the Soldier skill "Duo Hit" with a bow causes the game to freeze. This doesn't happen too often but did happen to my playthrough a couple of times already...

The pic really doesn't show if it freezes but it does