• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:06:11 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena SCC Tourney Registration

Started by Barren, July 22, 2015, 05:36:15 pm

Mudvayne

Samurai will be fun. Maybe a little too easy though... I think a team of four samurai have the potetential to be pretty good assuming I build them correctly.
4 caster samurai could be interesting. Prolly will end up with 2 male and 2 female to keep it balanced. Two melee (or PA focused) and two mage (MA focused) units.

silentkaster

July 26, 2015, 08:26:42 am #41 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:21:58 am by silentkaster
Quote from: Reks on July 26, 2015, 02:03:26 am
I'll be willing to switch to... Eh, Chemists if the spot must be filled.

Not a whole lot I can do, though. Chemists have poor equipment choices, and despite being capably tanky you don't win games or have interesting fights that way

But alas, for Arena science.

When I get ahold of my niece (fdquinn11) I will see if she will be one of those two classes (thief or Chemist).

Edit: She's taking Chemist.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Anima Zero

Lancers are going to be fun.  With only one source of max mp boosting available, my options for moves that require it are likely going to be very limited as a result.  We'll see what I can manage to come up with (That will probably find a way to crash & burn as I'm not likely to have a whole lot in the way of good status inflicting capabilities, heh).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

gatebuster202

@Anima I wonder, aside from the Statii oriented classes, how much people will be packing? (My geomancers are sorta odd balls in that they roulette those Statii.)

Anyway. Lancer will be a fun challenge with all that jumping. Just hope no one goes to sleep. ;)
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Barren

So that makes 24. Fattyzilla if you want to be the Thief class, then I will take your Archer class if that is allright
You dare cross blades with me?

CupOfOrangeJuice

hey, if you want the Archer class then go right ahead. Thanks a lot by the way c:

Barren

Just updated the class picks for the tournament

gatebuster202

July 26, 2015, 09:46:39 pm #47 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:14:05 am by gatebuster202
Quick Update. I got arena fully working on my PC and Fraps, so recording is happening at GB's house! (No streaming though, I might break my AT&T.)

I'll do any and all exhibition requests. Depending on who I have with me at home will depend on commentary from me. (Some days it's gonna just be BMG and snipits in my annotations.) I'll try to do pregame analysis and item/ability breakdown in the comments as well as audio at the opening of the matches.

Edit: Note to Self, Never test against the Winner of the Last Season, first, it's demoralizing.

Shintroy

Given up on trying to win this tournament with Samurai. Going to instead figure out what type of team(s) I want to gatekeep to make this one more interesting. What would be great to see in grand finals? Mages or melee teams melee?
Some day my people will be free.

reinoe

Quote from: Shintroy on July 27, 2015, 04:03:57 pm
Given up on trying to win this tournament with Samurai. Going to instead figure out what type of team(s) I want to gatekeep to make this one more interesting. What would be great to see in grand finals? Mages or melee teams melee?

I'm not sure why you would give up.  Samurai have good damage options thanks to innate two hands.  And armor access makes them immune to a wide variety of statti.  They're like anti-mediators in that regard.  Even if you make one of your units a spellcaster with 40 brave they can do passable damage.  Still I will wish you good luck regardless of your decision.
My dreams can come true!

Mudvayne

Quote from: Shintroy on July 27, 2015, 04:03:57 pm

My only worry is lack of speed and access to speed boosting gear. I still think they have a good chance to do well depending on your builds.

gatebuster202

Somehow, I don't think speed will make a *huge* difference. Now Slow is still the status I fear more then dead.

Barren

I never did a team of archers before. But I know I'll have fun with it

Reks

I'll try and think of fun ways to use Squires.

Probably won't be able to upload much because my internet's become extremely unstable.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Mudvayne

I think 4 archers will be very scary. Slightly less so with the 1x item rule to avoid a team full of 11 speed archers. They lack high MA but you can still use status via talk skill and time magic for haste/slow/stop decently well.

Elmdork

July 29, 2015, 01:53:47 am #55 Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:24:52 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Looking forward to seeing what krypt puts together, auto-boss for picking oracle. (Not to mention you ARE an oracle, so imma stalk you for a bit to sate my unhealthy obsession)

Holy shit Barren got archer, we are all doomed. SCC archer is viable in standard exhibitions. Thief too.

SCC samurai is definitely a great pick, but far from easy. You'll need to take full advantage of everything you got in order to best all thief or (oddly) wizard teams. I definitely wanted to throw samurai into my picks (another unhealthy obsession) but I felt I was needed elsewhere.

I'll try to share some thoughts without spoiling too much. I'm going for classic oracle builds while (mostly) adhering to one item/ability rules. Also trying not to decimate JP caps because I want to see more people using oracles, and it's hard to showcase builds if it relies on impossible JP totals. Though definitely designed for victories, it comes secondary to showing off lesser used skills in (more or less) ideal situations. I hope my weird-ass ideas will inspire you all to make more weird-ass units.

Happy hunting and remember:

"When the ferryman arrives at your doorstep, what do you say? Not today, Not today."

The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Barren

Hey guys back from Vermont. If anyone needs me to test their teams for you please PM me. I got time this week to do it

dw6561

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to getting things rolling again!

PS: I never thought an ePSXe crash could be so destructive. It was a series of unfortunate events, and I had to completely reinstall my operating system. Then my "backup" turned out to be just the folders.  Good thing I uploaded my teams the day before...
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

silentkaster

Wow, Monks are a good class but hard to make an entire team of them that perform well. Very very hard, but still working at it!!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

You can still use equip armor if you want higher HP monks. They can be used for all sorts of purposes. Let me know silentkaster if you need any tips