• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:52 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Registration

Started by Barren, May 14, 2015, 05:55:07 am

Should we allow Gold Armor and Genji Shield despite Dead Sentence bug?

Yes
9 (90%)
No
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 31, 2015, 10:59:06 am

Shintroy

What happens if a unit gets knocked out of bounds? I figure since it's not intended it's an auto matic rematch since you take fall damage and the AI stops acting.
Some day my people will be free.

Kurosabes

Happens with Hawk's Eye from what I've seen, unless you're referring to something else. But anything that stalls a round should force a rematch for that particular round unless the win was decisive the moment it happens.

In the event this occurs, what constitutes a decisive win? Permanent 2 vs 4? You have seen way more matches than I have, but I have yet to see a team win a 2 vs 4 in Arena.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Fanatic

I saw the message on Gamefaqs. No idea how the meta's changed, but count me in! My team will be good for a laugh.
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Elmdork

June 01, 2015, 08:31:15 am #43 Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 08:50:53 am by Rouroni Elmdor
So uhh.. is registration closed or you guys wanna wait a week? Personally I'd vote to get on with it, but I can think of more than a few regulars that could be part of this. I'd prefer as many people as possible, but how much more we gonna get?

Edit: Oh and welcome corosar, epic and haven't seen you around so hi fanatic. If I don't see some action soon I'll have to make a request, getting all anxious as the tournament draws near.

@Heroebal/Barren: oh $#*% I missed that. Well I heard something about it but nothing definitive. Thanks for the clarification, I'll make a request for intergalactic in the vids thread. And hi to you too Heroebal.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Heroebal

^^ they reset the deadline to June 10th 11:59 pm est

Barren

Right we reset the deadline so we can get more entrees. Preferably the amount being rounded up to a even number or multiple of 4 (i.e. 24 entrees)
You dare cross blades with me?

Mudvayne

How many entries are we at currently? Is the 14 names posted on the OP correct and up to date so far?
What do we do if we get an odd number of entries? Wait another few days hoping for more players? Or are we gonna have BYE rounds? Or eliminate the last submitted team(s) making it an even number/multiple of 4?

Also, good thing you updated the OP. When I checked yesterday (or maybe it was Saturday) it still said the deadline was 5/31, which is why I sent you my 'final revision' of my team, Barren. I knew it was mentioned somewhere that the deadline was being pushed back a week or so but I just couldn't find it on the OP the last time I checked.

I will likely still be doing more testing and edits on my team if I have another 10 days or so to mess with it  :twisted:

Barren

If we have a odd number of people entered we can set up the matches where someone does get a bye while everything else evens out. Once I use a tournament generator it will be set

Corosar

Quote from: Reks on May 24, 2015, 10:10:44 pm
I'll either "convince" VB to, or help him with a team.

Another friend of mine likes the concept and from hearing me talk about it constantly, might join in.

Okay i just read through everything and I am the one that Reks Stated might join in!... i love to join up... just preping my team... i wanna actually try without getting my butt kicked in round one
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

We have now 16 entrees. And we have 8 days left. Lets try to get another 8 players to enter. I know we can do it!

Corosar

I think i managed to get my fiance to be interested in putting in a team of her own... hopefully it will be accepted! I would love to see as many people as possible enter!~
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

19 entrees. 5 days left to register. We can squeeze in a few more

Reks

Quote from: Barren on June 05, 2015, 07:07:04 am
19 entrees. 5 days left to register. We can squeeze in a few more

VireBlaze and another friend of mine is gonna do it, after he studies a bit more on teams and whatnot.

He's rather very good at this kind of thing, even if he's not played FFT before.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Jumza

I'm still going to enter, making my team this weekend. That's almost all the spots :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Heroebal

Hello to you also Rouroni, sorry I didn't notice the edit on your post.

However this tournament turns out, I think I might have the title for most pm's to Barren for it.

Mudvayne

I'm glad we are having such a great turn out. Good luck to everyone participating!

And don't worry I've sent quite a few pms to barren my self lol

silentkaster

I think Zotis, Fenirr and Malroth should still be entering right?
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Kurosabes

I've messaged a friend of mine, this could be one more potential entry.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Barren

I know when I talked to RedWorld she wanted to enter as well.

Malroth

i'm entering just doing a last minute bit of team surgery