• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Kagebunji

FFTA2's Parivir sleeves are shorter too, btw, look at the sprite.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mando

It is but the art necessarily isn't. I'd imagine its a bit less of a hassle to draw hand for every position instead of the sleeves, that mages like zalmo use.

I think the sleeves look fine. Once it is in action and people see how it looks they will forget about it.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Lijj

May 05, 2011, 11:41:56 pm #462 Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:49:43 pm by Lijj
I don't want to do the arms :cry: all over again. but heres what I got:since I had to delete the old files I posted.
Here are the palettes:

• Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I can feel your pain about the arms... I really like the portrait design, but I have one question. On portrait we can see only hair, but on forward frames on sprite it seems like he has a bandana on and a bang coming out of it, I am bet it is cause of color, "bandana" is ver light, and band is dark. What about it?

Wolfran

Lijj, I like the portrait but the expression on it not at all. You should do it more confident or calm, in the portrait he seems like someone come to kick his ass for sure. Also the forehead needs a little more shadows. And before I forget, Can you replace the light blue pallete for a purple or a light pink like Kenshin?

Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Mando

May 06, 2011, 11:54:45 am #465 Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:14:53 pm by Mando
^^^^ lol I told you lijj I called it! Wolfran is our can we haz kenshin guy XD

I think he somewhat went with those colors though because thats the colors I tend to use for all my sprites. Except some sprite palettes have the lavender.

Oh I tried last night to make it pink and another purple... those colors don't work well for it (at least I don't think) I think its in part due to the skin color. However if you wanted to try, why not wait until Lijj is 100% editing then use palette editor and manipulate the colors there. I think the palette right now is pretty good :)

Kagebunji

May 06, 2011, 12:16:05 pm #466 Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:41:16 pm by Kagebunji
Hey, Lijj, would you mind if I took your portrait and worked with it a little?

I just couldn't resist bro. I cleaned up very heave skin shading, changed background color(yours was a little too dark), and changed skin color as well, and lastly made his eyes a little more fierce. After closer look, I love the hair even more, good job on that man.

Lijj

Good job Kagebunji.. I think that expression works better(Hope that expression works for wolfran too) and the colors look better. Thanks for the compliment on the hair as well. 
I usually make the palettes based on vanilla standards hence the blue then the light blue- green. If everyone's ok with it, I don't mind stepping outside that norm to to make the second palette pink like Kenshin[xp (you called it well)]. Or I can just post an alt version here for Kenshin lovers
with the 1st palette pink- the next lavender and submit the standard color one to the main page.
I can't bear to redo all the arms but at least I can guarantee this: the sprite is clean!

Kagebunji

I am happy you like it, Lijj. I was looking at various arms fitting for him, and Balmafula seemed ok, but since you are done with this, I am ending this subject. In motion arms look great, it is just that when he stands it seems long anyway. Btw, do you still have your previous version of him? The one you showed me at chat, with older hair.

Wolfran

The new port looks better IMO
Quote from: Lijj on May 06, 2011, 01:48:00 pm
I can just post an alt version here for Kenshin lovers
with the 1st palette pink- the next lavender and submit the standard color one to the main page.

YEIIII!! :mrgreen:

Lijj

Quote from: Wolfran on May 06, 2011, 02:01:41 pm
The new port looks better IMOYEIIII!! :mrgreen:

I'll surely make that minor edit to bring joy to Wolfran.
Also I pmed the old unshaded hair to you Kage.

Lijj

Here's the one with Kages portrait edit:
and here's the Kenshin palette:(second one is purple)

Mando

Nice. when I was doing the purple last night it seemed off...
maybe it was because I was drinking D:

Btw wolf I love kenshin as well (i was just giving you a hard time)

I guess since the portrait is updated I'll update my avatar as well

Lijj

I've attempted spriting while drinking before.. it didn't work out. Pixels and alcohol don't mix. but I hope you had a good overall Cinco de Mayo. I find that so strange you said you drank mead on the 5th of May and Margaritas on St. Patrick's. It's all the same in the end though.

Mando

Oh it was because I was celebrating in Irish style for you since you were making the sprite ;D

Anyways I'll make a video with some cool skills using this sprite. I'll name it Lijj too :P

Kagebunji

Another great sprite is done! Looking forward to see it submitted.

Wolfran

Quote from: Lijj on May 06, 2011, 03:26:20 pm
I've attempted spriting while drinking before.. it didn't work out. Pixels and alcohol don't mix.

Yeah, I tried once but the result was a Frankensprite from 20 different sprites and 2 hours blaming Ramza for the colours limitation :?.
Anyway, the kenshin's pallete is really awesome,Lijj.
@Mando: I'm glad you like Kenshin, most of the ppl I know like more the guy from Bleach and Idk why, is just another lame samurai with a demon.
Btw if I finish my secret proyect I'll do Sanosuke  :mrgreen:

Lijj

I posted in double size so people can see that I edited the hair a lot and a decent percentage of the arms.
slapped on a new portrait and did some palettes of a redhead for once.

Wolfran

Lijj, awesome portrait!! You should do the redhead more red :D.
The colour of the shadow in the sprite is too dark, but the rest looks fine to me.

RavenOfRazgriz

You and your not-FFT looking hair, you.

Sprite looks good.  Her stomach being exposed looks kinda weird, though.  I know it's a carryover from the source sprite, but still.