• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

no black map settings using epsxe

Started by Mando, May 07, 2011, 10:33:00 pm

Mando

May 07, 2011, 10:33:00 pm Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:45:35 pm by Mando
1. I use epsxe 1.7.0  but you can try it with an earlier version

2. I use Pete's OpenGL 2.9 driver (google it for the pete's website and download it) place it where all your other plugins go

3. Ensure you sound is using the ePSXe core driver (mine is 1.7.0 but yours maybe different)

4.. I use the settings below, you can tone them down if necessary

OR USE THESE SETTINGS

2.ALTERNATIVE) use Pete's P.E.Op.S v1.18 Soft Video Plugin.

3. CDROM PLUGINS & SOUND

Still got issues? GO HERE

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

GeneralStrife

You can have accurate and fixed PSX sound if you switch to the Eternal SPU plugin with the square fix.

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

FFMaster

Black map will always happen if you run at higher speeds than 60fps. At least, that is what happens for me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Wiz

No it won't. If it's happening to you, it's your settings and/or your graphics card doesn't register the maps with your current video plugin.

Here's an example of just the opposite @ 1:01
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tybalt

Thanks a bunch for this, these setting worked like a charm and helped an ubernoob like me get the best out of his bargain bin system.
  • Modding version: PSX
As there is a use in medicine for poisons, so the world cannot move without rogues.

Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost

DeadManRunnin

October 23, 2011, 11:37:59 pm #6 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:43:11 pm by DeadManRunnin
Saw this and I thought I would add to it. When using the Eternal SPU plugin, if you hear some strange beeping in the background, which I've noticed with a lot of sound plugins while using ePSXe 1.7.0, try switching the reverb. The Neill's and New options tend to make that noise for me, but when I switch it to Iori, I got the good ol' Final Fantasy Tactics sound pleasing my ears. =)

Quote2.ALTERNATIVE) use Pete's P.E.Op.S v1.18 Soft Video Plugin.

This is good for people with either an old system or those like me with a not so high-end laptop.