• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:49:47 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Spriting

Started by ffta707, December 11, 2010, 01:13:45 am

Cheetah

So this topic gets like no love, but are the FFTA & FFTA2 sprites even all ripped at this point?
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

thats cause the dude that was spearheading left though afaik.

Darthatron

I'm sure it'll get more love when I manage to release a functioning sprite editor. All I have now is a simple ripper. Which if anyone wants, chuck me a PM.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Jon

April 23, 2012, 08:38:11 am #23 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:52:54 am by Jon
Because I'm such a nice person of niceness and yes I do realize this is kinda dead, which really doesn't bother me, I'm posting all the portraits that I ripped or found on the internet here.

Note: I made these originally for FFTA707 and Voldemort, so some of them are double size and some are regular size (like the Vieras). These are just meant to be references anyways or bases for new portraits.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Jon

April 23, 2012, 08:52:26 am #24 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:59:36 am by Jon
And now a few fully finished custom sprites I made specifically for FFTA, I don't think they'll ever get put in game but whatever, here they are:

According to Darthatron, in theory these should all work in game since they have correct palettes and sizes (Worker 8 would be a monster)

Here was a concept of how cool it would be to see a new character in the FFTA Ivalice, like in this screenshot its FF7's Zack chatting with a Bangaa villager.

Lastly, I did once start on a low ranking Soldier Cloud, where he is wearing the blue uniform and actually wields guns instead of swords, never finished it though because kid Cloud simply fits the whole FFTA theme better.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Very nice Jon. :D

Looking forward to doing more FFTA stuff this summer!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jon

I'm willing (and I'm very serious) to contribute to any FFTA project in the spriting department mainly because I think I'm the only spriter who likes its style and pretty much the only spriter on the entire web who made any custom FFTA sprites (I've searched all the sprite based sites and obviously googled about, close to no custom FFTA sprites, found a few FFTA 2 sprites though)

BUT

I won't do anything until there is some kind of program that functions like Shishi, a sprite import and export program. I thank Darthatron for the FFTA Ripper which he sent me a long time ago, helps for making customs because some sprites make awesome bases, but its pointless to make sprites if you can't do anything with them.

I just wish there were a few more FFTA (2) spriters, I sadly feel alone since apparently I'm the only one who doesn't look at the sprites and says something like "Eww, FFTA's sprites look like shit, FFT sprites are uber in every way". Yeah, I agree FFT sprites are better, but try making a FFT sprite work on the 16 color palette restriction (with predestined colors).

MasterGrand

wow very nice jon
Let's be together !!

itoikenza

come on Darth. you can do it...

http://www.clip-studio.com/quma/en/
Some hits you, So miss you, the center too, enter you, hits undone, have some fun, I know! misses come, render none, enter some... Always won!!... incomplete I know...

Kerafyrm Six

i like Jon's sprites
i feel like id need to be on first name bases to call him that ._.

Sir Black Knight

i very much enjoy your spriting skills, my favtorite i saw was your Zack sprite talking to the random
could that be a playable or just a for show?

/Bows

3lric

Jon hasnt been here in some time. Also if you looked at the home page you would see there is a Zack sprite already.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kerafyrm Six

oh, i apologize. i didnt realize the date that he posted those v.v

franswaa

I'm currently trying to put Turians into FFTA. Gonna slowly reskin this into mass effect, mark my words. Or don't, I might get lazy and quit.
my name is garrus vakarian and this is my favorite forum on the citadel

Blunderpusse

Quote from: franswaa on December 11, 2017, 11:43:35 am
I'm currently trying to put Turians into FFTA. Gonna slowly reskin this into mass effect, mark my words. Or don't, I might get lazy and quit.

That sounds like a neat idea. But how are you gonna edit the facesets? Besides the battle sprites, all you find with graphic editors is a "mish-mash pixel soup".
"You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!"

franswaa

Not sure, for now I still need to get the working sprites. Worst comes to worse I'll just leave them as-is.
my name is garrus vakarian and this is my favorite forum on the citadel

Blunderpusse

By the way, are you using Tile Molester or YYCHR (or wtv it's called) to make/edit the sprites? Going to test my spriting skills sooner or later.
"You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!"