• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:58:26 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Invoker Job Discussion (Rad/Ramza Skillset Updated!)

Started by Archael, November 16, 2008, 09:26:12 pm

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 11:22:47 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Necromancer has been toiled with and if it would be put in, it would be a special character, not a generic, also Traitor in a 2 person game?!  Heh, I have no way to stop the game's inviting features.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Clockwork Seal

November 17, 2008, 01:25:19 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clockwork Seal
hmm...

perhaps 'invoker' for wizard?

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 03:05:38 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Invoker... very dark, very Vagrant Story like, I like it! Cantor and Invoker then!

Voldemort, Asmo, do I love you both, more so than ever! These two fantastic men, managed to come up with the perfect idea to balance Magic against Swordsmanship! There will be eight spells (plus one hidden skill) in the Wizard's grimoire, each one with it's varied and useful purpose! The way to maintain and balance this is with Range, Accuracy, and Damage. The formula used will be MA * Y (MA + X%)
This gives us a lot of leeway to make each skill stand out, as well as give them each a reason to use them... here is the preliminary spell list.

Burn - MA * 5 (MA + 50%) Range 3, Effect Area 1, Vertical 3,  MP 8, Chance to inflict Haste- The most powerful of the Invoker's spellbook, yet also one of the most inaccurate. It's power is augmented in it's spread damage.

Freeze - MA * 3 (MA + 40%) Range 4, Effect Area 1, Vertical 1, MP 6, Inflict Slow- It's power lies not in it's damage but in it's ability to slow opponents, as well as it's top of the line Range. It's cost is cheap, and even one hit could turn the tide.

Shock - MA * 2 (MA + 70)%) Range 3, Effect Area 0, Vertical 10, MP 15, Inflict Stop or Don't Act or Don't Move- As one can plainly see, Shock's power lies completely in the status it *can* do, it is the highest vertical of the spells (of  course! How can lightning Have a vertical?!)

Tremor - MA * 3 (MA + 50%) Range 0, Effect Area 2, Vertical 0, MP 12 - The earth rumbles and shakes underneath the opponents collapsing here and there. The power of this lies in it's DO range, it causes no status effect.

Gale - Dmg_Random(1...4)* MA (For now PA...) Range 4, Effect Area 4, Vertical 2, (linear attack), MP 4 - A truly unique attack, with a gust of wind blowing forth from the caster, Pushes all enemies back, in a straight line.

Engulf - MA * 4 (MA + 60%) Range 2, Effect Area 1, Vertical 4, MP 10, Inflict
Poison - Many large bubbles appear and explode over the targets, it power lies in it's relatively high damage and it's guaranteed poison.

Art of War

boomkick

November 17, 2008, 03:15:03 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
1.Will the spells have different levels or stay one level throughout the game? (Burn 1/2/3 and Inferno)

2.Will Rad still have a charge time on his double magic? Of course the Invoker class will be used more just because of it's instant cast.

Cantor... i'll come up with some ideas and name changes for his heals and buffers later.

Archael

November 17, 2008, 03:18:41 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I will throw in some suggestions for possible multi purpose spells

(Straight name rips from Vagrant Story)

Spirit Surge - Long Range Holy single target, innacurate, can be a healing spell instead of damage (Circle is a great effect.. maybe)

Dark Chant - Low damage, low range, can Death Sentence (Dark Whisper graphic)

Gaea Strike - Earth Damage, looks alot like Mimic Titan... innacurate AOE spell, chance to don't move

Explosion - Non-Elemental, INNACURATE! AOE MA based

Clockwork Seal

November 17, 2008, 03:28:53 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clockwork Seal
I'm not sure I'm reading the formula notation right here.  MA*5(MA+50%) seems to me like MA*5*MA+50%MA, or MA*5*3MA/2  Which all multiplies together to 15MA^2/2.  Which would do 270 damage with 6 MA.

Or does this notation actually work out to 5(3MA/2), and the parentheses stand for something other than multiplication of the contained set?  This would be 45 damage at 6 MA, which is less crazy (though still rather quite powerful)

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 03:31:26 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oy, my apologies...  I didn't explain that right at all... The %'s are the chance to hit, it's going to be the Invoker's... niche, so to speak. Their spells will be a tad inaccurate, but they have no CT, and are relatively all purpose.

Art of War

Archael

November 17, 2008, 03:37:08 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
yeah... think geomancer, but with a built-in chance to miss, M-Evadeable, and MP Cost, and different elements, and with different purpose spells

think.. HURRICANE

Clockwork Seal

November 17, 2008, 04:03:50 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clockwork Seal
Ah, that explains it, then.

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 04:26:41 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh, I had forgotten to mention! The way this new system will work (without the additional spells) are the Rod's growing progressively stronger in MA such as weapons grow in WP. The last rod is planned to have 14 MA, while the only class that can equip these will be Invoker's. Now as it stands, there is the danger of Secondaries, which have not been addressed yet, but we will get all the kinks out of it, I hope. With this also, Rad's Double Magic will not lose it's use. Since he is the only special character who can equip Rod's (and a myriad of other things as well)

Art of War

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 04:48:36 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Burn - MA * 6 (MA + 50%) Range 3, Effect Area 1, Vertical 3,  MP 8, Chance to inflict Haste- The most powerful of the Invoker's spellbook, yet also one of the most inaccurate. It's power is augmented in it's spread damage.

Freeze - MA * 3 (MA + 40%) Range 4, Effect Area 1, Vertical 1, MP 6, Inflict Slow- It's power lies not in it's damage but in it's ability to slow opponents, as well as it's top of the line Range. It's cost is cheap, and even one hit could turn the tide.

Shock - MA * 2 (MA + 70)%) Range 3, Effect Area 0, Vertical 10, MP 15, Inflict Stop or Don't Act or Don't Move- As one can plainly see, Shock's power lies completely in the status it *can* do, it is the highest vertical of the spells (of  course! How can lightning Have a vertical?!)

Tremor - MA * 3 (MA + 50%) Range 0, Effect Area 2, Vertical 0, MP 12 - The earth rumbles and shakes underneath the opponents collapsing here and there. The power of this lies in it's DO range, it causes no status effect.

Gale - Dmg_Random(1...4)* MA (For now PA...) Range 4, Effect Area 4, Vertical 2, (linear attack), MP 14 - A truly unique attack, with a gust of wind blowing forth from the caster, Pushes all enemies back, in a straight line.

Engulf - MA * 4 (MA + 60%) Range 2, Effect Area 1, Vertical 4, MP 10, Inflict
Poison - Many large bubbles appear and explode over the targets, it power lies in it's relatively high damage and it's guaranteed poison.

Spirit Surge - MA * 5 (MA + 45%) Range 5, Effect Area 0, Vertical 3, MP 18, Inflict Confusion - A surge of Holy energy comes forth from the user, inflicting the unit with conflicting thoughts and emotions. Very inaccurate, but very powerful, the longest range of the Grimiores.

Dark Chant - MA * 2 (MA + 65%) Range 2, Effect Area 0, Vertical 5, MP 8, Inflict 25% Charm, - The targets soul is infused with a lesser dark spirit, that bids servitude to the Invoker, taking possession of the target.

Explosion - MA * 5 (MA + 30%) Range 4, Effect Area 2, Vertical 2, MP 15 - The Invoker's most destructive spell, as well as the most inaccurate, from a distance the Invoker let's fly a large explosion.

That is the preliminary set, each Element and many different effects, hopefully they seem unique to one another. If possible Voldemort might have a Test video of these out tonight (maybe...) if not then, tommorow. Unless we see some crucial flaw in out plans.

Art of War

dwib

November 17, 2008, 05:28:44 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Quote from: "LastingDawn"There will be eight spells (plus one hidden skill) in the Wizard's grimoire.

This wasn't quite clear, but were you that saying the Invoker's skillset will be named "Grimoire"? If you didn't, then I suggest it anyhow!  :)

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 05:36:57 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Yep, I did...? I think? Well there will now be 10 spells (one hidden spell) which I want to keep secret as it is... well a secret skill. But I am glad to see that you like the changes, I can only hope our Rod = Magic Power,  idea works well enough, that and secondaries could be rather... well come to think of it, Time Mages uses both Rods, and Staves, and Summoner's use primarily Rods, so all in all, the things that would be secondarily carrying isn't too deadly. They will need to be changed appropriately as well though.

Art of War

boomkick

November 17, 2008, 06:33:29 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Come to think of it, Blind 2 animation could be used as Dark Explosion. Makes sense to me to make it a enemy only skill :), but really accurate and devastating.

Cantor suggestions

Healing Voice- Heals a single target unit next to the Cantor for a substantial amount of HP

Healing Breath- Heals a large area for meager HP

Hymn of Encouragement- Inflicts haste on an area around him (EFFECT 1)

Hymn of Life- Gives new life to the dead (raise effect and animation)

Hymn of Death- Low chance of inflicting Dead/Death Sentence

Hymn of Insanity- Causes meager damage and inflicts confuse

Repetitive Hymn- Inflicts Berserk in an area around the target

Hymn of the Gods- Deals very high holy damage at moderate accuracy, but has chance to give the targeted God's Blessing (Protect/Shell/Haste/Reraise) (all)

Hymn of Darkness- Deals moderate dark damage at moderate accuracy, but has chance to give the targeted Dark Curse (Blind/Confuse/Poison/Silence/Death Sentence/Don't Move/Don't Act/Stop/Slow) (/=Independent)

Some ideas since he is a singer, or am i wrong o.O?

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 07:09:50 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Indeed,  quite interesting ideas... but what's being forgotten (not that you could have known...) that they will be keeping Protect and Shell at least, that's their claim to fame, of course that's not to say it can't be done in a very roundabout way... your song ideas, are quite excellent! And I will look forward to refining and testing those ideas.

Art of War

boomkick

November 17, 2008, 07:17:41 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Lol i forgot about that

Hymn of Shielding- Inflicts Protect

Hymn of Resistance- Inflicts Shell

There we go :).

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 09:22:44 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Bah! Well unfortunately I made a dire mistake and there was an error in the patcher which lead me to believe that "heaven sent" Formula Actually existed, unfortunately it really does not, hopefully we can get one of the ASM scholars to help us on this...

Basically until I do actually get that formula, the Invoker really won't be... really there.

Art of War

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 11:23:42 am #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
First post updated, if everything goes right, I should have their formula a bit later today.

Art of War

Archael

November 24, 2008, 11:38:42 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
good news then

I will be back on chat after waterpolo (ends at 6PM)

dwib

November 24, 2008, 06:17:17 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Quote from: "Voldemort7"waterpolo

fuckin badass