• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:51:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Re-Release Info and Changes

Started by 3lric, July 03, 2015, 08:16:32 pm

3lric

Update to OP

-Added a picture of the Swamp map edits.
-Added a event changelog (or at least some of what I kept track of) not much left to do here, working on fixing up the last few scenes of Ch1 currently
  • Modding version: PSX

gatebuster202

Woah! Elric, that Changelog... All I have to say is Wow. That is so much work. This is one awesome project!
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Pandemoniu

Not sure what the differences is on the Swamp Map.

Also, going over the Change Log, I see you took my suggestion on one of the things. :D

3lric

July 19, 2015, 07:31:49 am #23 Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:10:01 am by Elric
Quote from: Pandemoniu on July 19, 2015, 06:06:55 am
Not sure what the differences is on the Swamp Map.

You aren't sure of the differences? O_o There is a ton more walkable room, and those Planks didn't used to be there :P

Quote from: Pandemoniu on July 19, 2015, 06:06:55 am
Also, going over the Change Log, I see you took my suggestion on one of the things. :D

Yeah, I reduced the blood coughing lol

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Elric on July 19, 2015, 07:31:49 am
You aren't sure of the differences? O_o There is a ton more walkable room, and those Planks didn't used to be there :P

It's been so long. Honestly, I thought that was how it's always been. My bad.  :oops:

Quote from: Elric on July 19, 2015, 07:31:49 amYeah, I reduced the blood coughing lol

Glad to here. Yeah, I felt it was a wee bit excessive.

Nyzer

QuoteThere is a ton more walkable room, and those Planks didn't used to be there

Aw, but it was really funny to watch the werewolves run around twitching repeatedly while boosting their Bravery because Cloud was blocking their jump path and spamming Meteorain :P

(My Snake assassinated the one with Wide Slash)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

gatebuster202

Quote from: nyzer on July 22, 2015, 09:53:36 pm
Aw, but it was really funny to watch the werewolves run around twitching repeatedly while boosting their Bravery because Cloud was blocking their jump path and spamming Meteorain :P

(My Snake assassinated the one with Wide Slash)

Yep, same here, except Link just shot WS a couple of times. That fight might get a lot harder now :)

3lric

Well I can confirm that the werewolves will indeed pursue you now that they have a way to do so, lol

Nyzer

Heh.

As funny as it was, it was definitely broken that way - once you took out the Malboro and the Wide Slasher the fight was over, and it made it just absurdly easy compared to the rest of the battles. Especially if the person blocking the werewolves' jump over was a cloaked Snake so they couldn't even try to attack him... the wolves would all dance around in the corner (or beat up Agrias if she decided to be stupid) while you 4v1'd the Malboro. 

Mudvayne

Super excited for this.

It makes me excited because I know that means Ch2 is right around the corner  :P

3lric

Changelog updated in OP.

-Currently working on renaming items and setting up materials for Synth shop (Well, Xif is mostly, I'm just watching in amazement)
-Still working on getting all the generic quotes put in.

My list of fixes is done now, just need to go through the last couple events again to make sure i didn't miss anything. However, even with the fixes done, that doesn't mean the additions are (synth shop and soldier upgrade hack still not fully setup). I'll update again soon.

Aiolon

:shock: all those hacks.

there are 3 things getting me really exited

- The new marks
- The new events
- The Cactuar sprite (please tell me i will finally have the chance to see a cactuar in fft)

the hype its returning!

so you could say the patch is 90% complete? probably less?
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

3lric

July 31, 2015, 01:22:46 am #32 Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:40:58 am by Elric
Percents are as hard to give as ETAs. A lot of done and there is a little left to finish :P

Cactuar isn't in Ch1. But you'll see it soon.

gatebuster202

Happy to be your test pig for that synth shop  :D. Love you JOT5

Also, Cactuar, woot!

KingUrameshi

Cactuar is in the insanely derpy hack as an enemy class and had some interesting moves but proved not to be a threat as you got further into the game. I don't suggest you play the insanely derpy hack unless you want to throw your computer out a second story window, really it is broken as hell and requires very specific setups to get through it.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

Different Cactuar sprite and class

3lric

All Generic Units (and Unique Units and Monsters) quotes are done and back in the game as they were originally intended to be had Square not been too lazy to do it.

Many of these were madeup on the spot since not everything was properly translated or useable. However they all fit the pattern vanilla was using and added a bit of Jot5 to a lot of them.

The worldmap/attack.out reorganization is also done as well.

I'll be doing more event stuff tonight regarding marks and what not, then it'll probably be back to working on choosing the rest of the icons/palettes for the shields/armor etc (weapons are done)

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Elric on August 11, 2015, 08:27:02 pm
All Generic Units (and Unique Units and Monsters) quotes are done and back in the game as they were originally intended to be had Square not been too lazy to do it.

Many of these were madeup on the spot since not everything was properly translated or useable. However they all fit the pattern vanilla was using and added a bit of Jot5 to a lot of them.

The worldmap/attack.out reorganization is also done as well.

I'll be doing more event stuff tonight regarding marks and what not, then it'll probably be back to working on choosing the rest of the icons/palettes for the shields/armor etc (weapons are done)

Very nice!

It's nice to see things coming along as well as they are, though it does seems as if there's always more to do.

Aiolon

QuoteCactuar is in the insanely derpy hack as an enemy class and had some interesting moves but proved not to be a threat as you got further into the game. I don't suggest you play the insanely derpy hack unless you want to throw your computer out a second story window, really it is broken as hell and requires very specific setups to get through it.

Probably super late to reply but. i did play that patch and finished it and as a person that loves games with HARDCORE difficulty i had a lot of fun but once you finish it really doesnt make you feel like playing it again and as for the cactuar i was talking about
im a bastard that stole 1 sprite from jot5 and "accidentaly" found the cactuar sprite in shishi  :oops:

and Elric by generic quotes you mean the things they say when you click/push/press their names? like the "..." heck if thats it then i can imaginate how time consuming it was considering the amount of generic and monster names in game.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

RJ Cid

Greetings! Not too familar with these forums. Please inform me if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Thanks

I downloaded this game out of boredom, thinking it would just be another crossover, and I couldn't have been more wrong. I won't repeat what everyone else has already posted, but I certainly second all of them. I do have a few suggestions though...

*Why Segata Sanshiro didn't make the five, I'll never know. But maybe as an optional superboss....

*I think Ramza would fair better without the chin-strap gotee. Maybe a handlebar mustache would work better, but if it's a shaggy, civil war style one, people will start posting that he's too OP.

*On that note, please make Motörhead (or even just Lemmy) one of the marks (eventually). I will quit my job and come work for you guys if you do. Honest In-jin.

*It may have already been said, but please KEEP the items expensive. Some will disagree, but I thought it was an interesting challenge trying to conserve them by using abilities and spells. Like Survival Horror/conserving-your-ammo type of interesting.

*Everyone's got their requests for other cross-over characters. I heard Crono (Cosmic Samurai class?), which was my first choice, but would you consider any of the characters from the Onimusha series?, (which is criminally underrated, in my opinion). Even just as marks, it would be cool to see them make an appearance.

Looking forward to the re-release of Ch.1. Thanks again for all your hard work! Yasumi Matsuno could learn a lot about what the fans really want in their FFT games from this. Cheers!