• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:27:35 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

CT5Holy

Today's stream up on youtube:

Part 1 (Barren vs Shintroy, Dol vs Celdia, Vanvliet vs Corosar, Dokurider vs fdc, TrueLight vs Reks, gatebuster202 vs silentkaster)
Part 2 (Heroebal vs Argy, WKWKWKWKW vs DWWWWWW)
Part 3 (Jaaster vs Malroth, Anima Zero vs Andrew)
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Corosar

July 29, 2016, 03:11:10 am #4861 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:48:50 am by Corosar
Quote from: CT5Holy on July 29, 2016, 12:23:00 am

Part 1 (Barren vs Shintroy, Dol vs Celdia, Vanvliet vs Corosar, Dokurider vs fdc, TrueLight vs Reks, gatebuster202 vs silentkaster)

Can you tell i have no idea how to build ninjas I have always assumed that if it acts like magic i should be using faith. I am not use to abilities that are magic like relying on fury. It may take me some time. :P but yea. after my first match i knew i had to throw on some anti blind for the paladin i may actually manipulate the equipment mentioned in the chat for them. Funny thing is. I was originally thinking of giving my Ninja aspergillum originally. However i got distracted by the bags +2 PA effect and diverted. Definitely gonna switch back when i can. May also remove that Mana shield from my blackmage as well. It was intended to bolster her defenses and i thought the staffwhacks were enough to cover the lack of mana disadvantage. I am sadly mistaken. As for the cure 3. i think i may replace that with something alot more quicker or something more useful. I personally still like how the samurai is designed with the ice bow. It was more to bolster her MA as well as add on her elemental abilities. The idea what that the Ninja dealt out water. Mage with Lightning, Samurai with Ice, and Paladin with Fire.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Shintroy

GG. Didn't know abilities used with guns were evadable and I wasn't quite sure if reflect was active while dead since it's not in the master guide. Not seeing the icon while the unit was dead threw me off. Looks like beginner mistakes are possible in 140. MVP goes to the scholar. Raise 2 2 stronk.

Learned a lot watchingthe stream. Good stuff CT5
Some day my people will be free.

Argy

Thank you CT5Holy for the stream and for your advice and guidance. I will be making some changes to the team.

GG, After that first round, you where procing me all over the place, I thought you would have been all over me. I love your Ultimus Bow Samurai. Love my massive damage output from my Ifrit using geomancer!! Picked up quite a few things from you, so cheers! 
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Barren

I actually double checked the master's guide shintroy and the reflect ring does say always reflect. So even if a unit is dead reflect still is applied.
You dare cross blades with me?

Heroebal

Yeah my team was lacking behind in the revive department. Especially since the only other person(chivchiri) besides the chemist that could revive kept getting herself isolated from her teammates. The ultimus bow samurai needs some more assistance with the offense too I think. And I picked up from you that Unholy hurts if I don't have a defense against it. GG Argy.

gatebuster202

Quote from: CT5Holy on July 29, 2016, 12:23:00 am

Thank You very much CT5 for the streams. I wanted to be there last night, but I had commitments when you were streaming. :(

To everyone who is new to arena, CT5 and Barren have both been awesome on the commentary, and their advice is amazing. Thanks CT for the suggestions.
GG Silent, I haven't tried Mimes yet, and I think that the Lancer-Mime synergy could be strong on Long and Medium Maps.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Shintroy

Offense vs Balanced Evasion
Haven't implemented Power Rangers(my test evasion team) into 140 yet, but I think my team will have some  major problems against Mantle Gear. I think it'll go to round 3 at the very least due uto AOE and Melt.

Round 1 - Looks like this map will favor me due to aoe and range advantage. Melia opening up with Melt? I think I'm going to love this spell when not used against me. Convincing round for me due to Reks not being able to get close.

Round 2 - Valak Mountain (Night), my alarm that never gets me up in the morning. Great choice for this map. This is how I expected the first round to go if the samurai or chemist got to act. I only have myself to blame for adding Sharla to the group. Anyone else would've worked, but I needed the support.

Round 3 - Just realized why you paired these teams up Truelight. 5 stars Looks like this map will be more equal. Unless I geet lucky and land another melt I think Reks will evade his way to victory. That squire HURTS. I think the crit southern cross for 392(?) on my protected chemist ended this match. Great comeback potential Reks. That last music track tho ;;

GG. It's only fitting this team name loses to evasion RNGesus. That's what I get for not adding Shulk to the group.

Excellent music choice again Truelight. Felt like playing this game lately just for the music. Need to start playing again to beat the optional map bosses.
Some day my people will be free.

Reks

Quote from: TrueLight on July 29, 2016, 11:44:03 pm
FFT Arena 1.4 - Reks (Mantle Gear) vs. Shintroy (A Patch Without Gods)

Goodness this match was fantastic

That Squire is definitely MVP of my team. Arguably, I need to have more mobility, as I think the Samurai only went on the DO offensive... Once? Murasame healing is fantastic when it heals for 180 for free, but that's the Squire's job (who I should rename, since she doesn't have Ultima anymore...)

GG Shintroy, and you definitely put up a valiant fight. You just didn't bring Shulk, and couldn't seem to Topple me very well :P (That Dunban damage though, holy shit.)
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Gaignun

July 31, 2016, 05:50:20 pm #4871 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:26:15 pm by Gaignun
Quote from: silentkaster on July 27, 2016, 10:58:09 pm
Removed sticky from the Team Building tool until Gaignun gets a chance to update it.

It's coming.  Ill have it out before a possible summer tournament.

By the way, I would like to thank those who contributed to making 1.40 possible, from those who did the heavy lifting with the edits (dw, wkw, Reks, gatebuster?) to everyone who organized and contributed to the discussions. Yes, even you, Aaron.

I don't personally know anybody here named Aaron, but figured I'd drop the name anyway to mess with the heads of all the Aarons of the world.

Corosar

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on July 31, 2016, 07:22:23 pm
FFT Arena 140 - Andante49 (Mages Maze) vs Corosar (Power of the Alternate Elements)

FFT Arena 140 - Argy (Speed) vs Heroebal (Seltzer Invades FFHacktics)

FFT Arena 140 - gatebuster202 (Earthen Beatdown) vs Vanvliete (C-Baggers)

FFT Arena 140 - Reks (Brainstorm 2) vs Dokurider (Gossip Circle)

FFT Arena 140 - Malroth (Sameold) vs Shintroy (RNGers)

FFT Arena 140 - Barren (Dracula's Curse) vs TrueLight (Rend Asunder)

FFT Arena 140 - StarRacer (Intouch Elementals) vs Jaaster (Stellazio)

FFT Arena 140 - Celdia (Weapons of War) vs CT5Holy (Rawr)

FFT Arena 140 - silentkaster (Odd Team) vs dw6561 (Mirror Item)

on first note i will need to mention you will have to take a look at your codec or compressor or something within your recording software. There is alot of graphical issues that have popped up through the videos and i thought you may wanna know about it.

I have no idea why... but part of me is either infuriated at how that went... or infuriated at myself with how i have been drawing the short end of the straws with these matches. I don't know why and its driving me insane. *sighs to self* back to the drawing board with this team. Good match Andante. definitely cleaned the floor with my team! i guess i am gonna need to take a bit of time to studying again.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Kurosabes

July 31, 2016, 10:20:28 pm #4874 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:53:38 pm by White Knight Wiegraf
Quote from: Corosar on July 31, 2016, 08:54:20 pm
on first note i will need to mention you will have to take a look at your codec or compressor or something within your recording software. There is alot of graphical issues that have popped up through the videos and i thought you may wanna know about it.

Yeah I noticed that, although a bit too late. Will have to sort this out for the next time.

EDIT: Actually if it's really bad I can re-upload these once I fix the problem
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

gatebuster202

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on July 31, 2016, 07:22:23 pm
FFT Arena 140 - Andante49 (Mages Maze) vs Corosar (Power of the Alternate Elements)

FFT Arena 140 - Argy (Speed) vs Heroebal (Seltzer Invades FFHacktics)

FFT Arena 140 - gatebuster202 (Earthen Beatdown) vs Vanvliete (C-Baggers)

FFT Arena 140 - Reks (Brainstorm 2) vs Dokurider (Gossip Circle)

FFT Arena 140 - Malroth (Sameold) vs Shintroy (RNGers)

FFT Arena 140 - Barren (Dracula's Curse) vs TrueLight (Rend Asunder)

FFT Arena 140 - StarRacer (Intouch Elementals) vs Jaaster (Stellazio)

FFT Arena 140 - Celdia (Weapons of War) vs CT5Holy (Rawr)

FFT Arena 140 - silentkaster (Odd Team) vs dw6561 (Mirror Item)

Thank You for the mass of matches WKW.

Good match, I knew the team had a issue if they couldn't engage quickly, as they are a alpha strike team. So of course, round 1, I expected to be a beatdown when I saw the map. From there, I knew that I could capitalize on the tiny map. The last map of course really was deterministic. You had a good chance of taking me down before I cleared the bend by the tree, but the Monk made good use of Ignore Height, and was able to stay out of the fight until the right moment.

Good Game, and make another team, join us for some discussion, and have fun. (if you want I can match you up for another exhibition when I record some more.)
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Heroebal

Deja vu? win 1st round pretty handedly then lose the next 2.. Definitely need to get flee of that paladin and switch regenerator out for damage split & I think I'll give him green beret too for more mp/movement. Nice team Argy and thanks WKW, GG.

silentkaster

Thanks WKW for the match!
Wow, these teams are pretty evenly matched so this was a great match up. Clutch moments that lost it for me in R3 was after they charmed the Oracle, they didn't kill her which let everyone on her team recover and retake control. I think I need to switch the Thief to a Mediator since Charm didn't do me any favors and missed quite a bit. Round 2 was pretty intense...anyway, GG.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Argy

Big thank you to WKW for making it happen!!

That roulette was my bane I the first 2 battles and my thief and ninja not going towards my White Mage for an Esuna. I still think that your builds are way better than mine and I just got lucky. Still a few things that I need to sort out! Once again, thanks. GG!

Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

silentkaster

NOTE: 1.4a is out. This balances a few issues that were tested in 1.4 as well as addresses a couple bugs. Please make sure you download the new version!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.