• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:56:25 pm

Naming Random Enemys

Started by Ramza Beolve, October 07, 2017, 02:45:35 pm

Ramza Beolve

October 07, 2017, 02:45:35 pm Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:46:51 pm by Ramza Beolve
How does one name random enemys for example i have made a supper boss that levels with the party out of a much stronger version of a tiamat how ever i do not wish to give it a random name when its fought how does one go about giving it a permanent name?
  • Modding version: PSX
Scilence! Surrender now or die in obscurity

Xifanie

Edit in Tactext, select with the Name field
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Ramza Beolve

I see where it allows you to name the tiamats themselves a diffrent race but not for just that encounter

Xifanie

If you check several story battles or story events, you can see generic humans/monsters with their unique name, like Rad, Lavian, Alicia, that Archaic Demon in the battle protecting Dragon Reis and so on. The field should be obvious then.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Ildon

October 31, 2017, 02:40:50 pm #4 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:02:52 pm by Ildon
If you are using FFTPatcher v. 492 you can assign a specific name to any enemy in any given battle. 

I'll assume that you have already created a .fftpatch file for the purpose of what follows.
Step 1: Open FFTPatcher (I am using version 492)

Step 2: Select file > open patch... > select your .fftpatch file

Step 3: Select the ENTD tab

Step 4: Find the ENTD entry that contains the unit that you wish to give a specific name to.

Step 5: Select the Unit that you wish to give a specific name

Step 6: Below "Sprite Set" should be "Name"... Select the name you wish to use from the drop down list. 

Now... I'm pretty sure you're thinking to yourself something along the lines of "The names listed are not what I want to use" or at least something along those lines.  Well I have good news and bad news...  The good news is that some of those options can be altered without much impact on the base game.  The bad news is that modifying them will require using FFTactext. 

Since your version mod tag isn't showing up I'm not certain if you are making changes to the psx or psp version of the game.  If you are editing the psp version you will want to use FFTactext version 457 for stability reasons.  Also, you will need to make the edits for fixing the "crystal crash bug" and the "found item name error bug"...  If you are editing the psx version ask Xif or someone else for which version is best. 
Note: if you have selected a version mod tag and it is not displaying in your posts you can fix it by simply creating a signature with anything in it.  My original sig for example was "yeap" simply to force the tag to display. 

My recommendation atm for creating custom names of your own choosing is to replace the names of the mooks you slaughter in the first Orb. Monastery fight.  Then to prevent the mooks from having your potentially awesome custom names simply set the name field for those units in the ENTD to be "Random".  The first Orb. Monastery fight is entry "183" in the ENTD.  Also, keep track of which names you changed to what using FFTactext so that you wont have to go back in to refresh your memory later.
Note: Unit names can be found under:
1.  Text > BOOT.BIN[29E334] > 2: Unit names
2.  Text > OPEN.LZW > 9: Unit names
Make sure that any changes you do are reflected in both locations.  Also, Random names begin around 256 I believe. 

'Ramza', if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to post them.   

@ everyone else, if I missed a step or was mistaken about this PLEASE post a correction. 

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
(PSP) FFT: GGL Edition 0.9.81 is now available. check here

Ramza Beolve

Thank you that actually helps me

Ildon

You're welcome.  Please mark the thread as solved if you do not require further assistance. 
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
(PSP) FFT: GGL Edition 0.9.81 is now available. check here